Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

so when in all this mess will the players take responsibility, the manager cant go out and kick the ball over the bar for them, they didn't make A Moran make a mess of a goal chance in the semi or force O`Connor to go short on a 30m free when a point was enough, or the opposition cornerback get the better of your best man 7 inches taller than him and score 1-02 into the process, they lost to a very good Dublin team and i don't think and other Mayo man in charge would made a slightest difference to the result. Mayo need 2 scoring forwards, A change in management will not alter that fact!

Shrewdness

Excellent post Wildweasel and spot on. But as i said in an earlier post, the players must never be blamed, because the Mayo supporters see them as ''little Gods'' who can do no wrong. That's why it's always management, referees and the Co Board who must take the blame.

Nihilist

I blame McStay. If he had used his head and not been so rash in his decision making he would have got a handy job.

macdanger2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 01, 2015, 08:54:04 PM
so when in all this mess will the players take responsibility, the manager cant go out and kick the ball over the bar for them, they didn't make A Moran make a mess of a goal chance in the semi or force O`Connor to go short on a 30m free when a point was enough, or the opposition cornerback get the better of your best man 7 inches taller than him and score 1-02 into the process, they lost to a very good Dublin team and i don't think and other Mayo man in charge would made a slightest difference to the result. Mayo need 2 scoring forwards, A change in management will not alter that fact!

You seem to think the players voted no confidence in the management on account of bad results i.e. the Dublin Result. That's not the case, it's to do with team preparations throughout the year.

As such, the majority of your post is irrelevant.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 01, 2015, 09:44:26 PM
Excellent post Wildweasel and spot on. But as i said in an earlier post, the players must never be blamed, because the Mayo supporters see them as ''little Gods'' who can do no wrong. That's why it's always management, referees and the Co Board who must take the blame.

Who was to blame for Roscommons implosion in the Championship this year? The players? The Manager? Sligo? Fermanagh? Cormac Reilly? Would you have held onto Evans? Would you be happy to see Holmes and Connelly take over from Evans?

mayo.mick

I'm getting worried now. Players only in the meeting for 10 mins. Not looking good.  :(
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Tubberman

Rte reporting 25 players turned up for tonight's meeting with co board. They left again after around 10 mins.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Wildweasel74

The Holy Trinity of Mick O`Dwyer, Sean boylan and Mickey harte couldn't get a all-ireland out of this team unless they would uncover 2 inside scoring forwards thats the reality Mayo supporters or current players cant accept so blame everybody else.,`

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 01, 2015, 09:59:55 PM

Who was to blame for Roscommons implosion in the Championship this year? The players? The Manager? Sligo? Fermanagh? Cormac Reilly? Would you have held onto Evans? Would you be happy to see Holmes and Connelly take over from Evans?

In fairness to Shrewdness whose opinion I respect, the Mayo players were the ones who shot the terrible wides in the third quarter of the drawn game. In the replay it was SOS who stupidly got himself a black card, not H+C, so if anyone is so blind that cannot see etc. However, the pair have lost the dressing room so there's no real point in them staying on is there?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 01, 2015, 10:01:53 PM
I'm getting worried now. Players only in the meeting for 10 mins. Not looking good.  :(

Jesus H Christ on a unicycle. TEN minutes!  :( What processes and mechanisms could they have possibly gone through in those 10 minutes?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Not true Shrewdness. Some Mayo players getting plenty of stick about the place.

The management were responsible for at least 2 dodgy selections for AISF replay. Tactics and game management in general was questionable to say the least.

Of course I am biased I admit. Not that I was convinced that McStay would improve Horan, I didn t want Holmes back. His first term was a dismal failure and I didn t see how much about him had changed. I didn t rate Connelly either. I don t think he is a coach. He was a leader as a player and motivation is probably his forte but you need more than blood and guts where they are operating. Anyway these players had that. Smart selection and tactics and attention to detail in game management is what we needed.

We ll soon find out if we missed a trick with McStay. He will do well to be successful in the sense that to be a success he needs to win a Connacht. But the way he goes about his task will reveal a lot.

I lay most of the blame for this mess firmly at the feet of current chairman and chairman emeritus himself. They used their positions and abused their authority to cobble together a management in a manner that reeked of sharp practice. There may have been other conspirators but I get the impression other officers had to tow the line.

macdanger2

Strong showing from the players. Any divide and conquer strategy is well and truly fucked

The sooner this is resolved, the better; and there's really only one resolution possible.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 01, 2015, 10:06:40 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on October 01, 2015, 10:01:53 PM

Jesus H Christ on a unicycle. TEN minutes!  :( What processes and mechanisms could they have possibly gone through in those 10 minutes?

Smart move by players to turn up in such numbers. I suspect that Mike was going to play hard-ball with Keith and Cillian and try and to bully/appease them into accepting a few cosmetic tweaks so that Pateen and Nole could continue. This was a show of strength to show that there was going to be no messing about. There's been too much bullshit already.
Looks like this has put the matter to bed. It s bottle of brandy and pistol time.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayo.mick on October 01, 2015, 10:16:25 PM
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22848:large-delegation-of-mayo-squad-attend-crisis-meeting&catid=14&Itemid=100008

From that report they seemed to just state their case speaking with Board officials for approximately ten minutes before leaving, and they had no comment to make when exiting.

A case of this is what we want, have a look at it! We're not hanging about for the circus inside and we're not dealing the circus outside either.