Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on September 29, 2015, 08:21:18 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 29, 2015, 07:39:21 PM
McStay must be sick that he didn't hold off on taking the Roscommon job .
I'd say he's absolutely feckin delighted he got the Ros job in time to keep him away from the Rhu poison toxic chalice.

Crikey I'm really looking forward to Ye danderin up mchale road thinking Ye have us next summer .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

twohands!!!

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 29, 2015, 02:28:07 PM
Cant beat a good off-season putsch against a management team. One of the signs winter is coming.

Won't be long til Christmas now ......

Quote from: highorlow on September 29, 2015, 03:02:03 PM
Buckley on that list at 6/1 is the bet.

He was the first man that entered my head when this fiasco appeared.

Only problem with that is that I'd say he has zero interest in actually being manager.

Wonder how long that bet will run with Paddypower - if H&C stay does it mean the bet will still be running next year when they eventually get the bullet?

macdanger2

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 29, 2015, 10:07:37 PM
Tubberman, this isn't about us getting one up on Mayo. We're only commenting on a story that has the whole country talking.

Bollix shrewd, you were in a tizzy last week when this was being discussed on the Mayo board. Enjoy it while you can though

moysider

No doubt ye saw Mike Connelly on the news as well. He seemed to express a little surprise at events and more or less said that both sides needed to sit down and thrash out a resolution...Didn't sound like a man expecting any resignations.......Tubberman, this isn't about us getting one up on Mayo. We're only commenting on a story that has the whole country talking.

Lol. If he thought acting the gome was a good idea he needs to think again. What did he say?

Mike Connolly/Connelly said '' we're in a bad place at the minute and we've got to open up negotiations with the players to find out exactly what has caused this problem because as I said we ve had the process to eliminate this happenin' ''

After the first statement ( which I agree with) poor Mike lost it. This man has been chairman and his brother has been managing the team for the year and its like this has come as a surprise ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Christ the local press ahs been keepin a lid on this for months and fair play to Mayo News for running with the story.

What has caused this problem? Mike, you have actually,  by being cute with the former chairman and maybe others to orchestrate a situation where your brother and a sidekick would get the gig. Both out of their depth. Paddy and Mike have acted with a duplicity that would put Renaissance Popes to shame. But not smart enough to pull it off.

'A process to eliminate this happening' ?? Is this just gobbledegook :-\   What does that mean?

What process had he in place to eliminate what happening?? Shite talk of the highest order.

Now I know Mike is playing hard ball for his brother's reputation but he in a situation where he has little or no credibility left himself. I have no faith in this fella doing the right thing.

Of course there will be backing from reactionaries like Martin Carney who really needs to calm down a bit. Disappointing that he was attributing nasty spin from board about Liam McHale to the Mayo players to make a point. Bad form.

giveballaghback

Best fun ive had since the dog bit the mother in law.

heffo

Quote from: moysider on September 29, 2015, 10:53:54 PM
No doubt ye saw Mike Connelly on the news as well. He seemed to express a little surprise at events and more or less said that both sides needed to sit down and thrash out a resolution...Didn't sound like a man expecting any resignations.......Tubberman, this isn't about us getting one up on Mayo. We're only commenting on a story that has the whole country talking.

What process had he in place to eliminate what happening?? Shite talk of the highest order.

Presumably discussion between the nominated players and player liason/CB management rather than hitting the nuclear button again?

twohands!!!

Quote from: giveballaghback on September 29, 2015, 10:56:49 PM
Best fun ive had since the dog bit the mother in law.

Tell me did the mother in law bite back ?  :)

Personally as a spectator I'd prefer a inter-club upheaval far more than an inter-county one - club ones have far more potential to be vicious/provide entertainment.

twohands!!!

Lol. If he thought acting the gome was a good idea he needs to think again. What did he say?

What has caused this problem? Mike, you have actually,  by being cute with the former chairman and maybe others to orchestrate a situation where your brother and a sidekick would get the gig. Both out of their depth. Paddy and Mike have acted with a duplicity that would put Renaissance Popes to shame. But not smart enough to pull it off.

One of the GAA commandments - anyone who acts the gom(e) generally is a gom(e)

giveballaghback

Two Hands, when its a Mayo upheaval its very sweet for a Ballagh border collie like meself, by the way I did not bite the mother in law, id be a feared.  ;D

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2015, 09:53:22 PM
Vincent Neary's interview on Off the Ball. He said he hadn't heard of any trouble at all until this morning. He said there were processes in place to deal with this sort of thing. Next Thursday the County board are meeting the players, NEXT THURSDAY!!! What the f**k is happening between now and then?

They ve been stalling for weeks and probably thought they would get away with it until the Mayo News had the balls to blow them out of the water.

Vincy hadn t heard of any trouble? If you hadn t a stór you in the wrong position. Bad situ if whole county knows there is a crisis before Co. Sec. does ::)  He' s threading water as well at this stage and losing credibility fast.

He echoes Mike C. with the 'processes in place to deal with this sort of thing'. There's a war cabinet in place now obviously but who came up with that??

Again why the f**k would anybody put processes in place to deal with 'this sort of thing'? What could these processes (plural) possibly be ( swat teams? Gestapo?).

Anyway whatever processes they had in place ( look we all know it was just silly agreed soundbite that meant nothing) didn't work and they have a right mess on their hands. Chairman and Secretary need to stop digging right now and put a halt to a situation they created. They need to consider their own positions as well and do the right thing for the county.

moysider

Quote from: heffo on September 29, 2015, 10:57:36 PM

Presumably discussion between the nominated players and player liason/CB management rather than hitting the nuclear button again?

Well, that went well didn't it ::)

The nuclear button remark is a bit unfair. Johnno's mess was tolerated for 4 sad years and was left in place until he crawled away after losing to Sligo and Longford in 2010. Where does the 'again' come from?

heffo

Quote from: moysider on September 29, 2015, 11:52:22 PM

Where does the 'again' come from?

Didn't the players revolt against Moran & Morrison?

deiseach

Quote from: ck on September 29, 2015, 12:10:36 PM
Can any Mayo people tell us what the issues with the two lads where? Why are the players against them? Is it just basic incompetence?
Indirectly I have heard that a number of players questioned their commitment as Connelly wasn't always there due to work?

I wouldn't mind a summary either. In the absence of one, many of the posts here are coming across as, shall we say, mean-spirited.

Crete Boom

Quote from: heffo on September 30, 2015, 09:19:20 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 29, 2015, 11:52:22 PM

Where does the 'again' come from?

Didn't the players revolt against Moran & Morrison?

No , the county board humiliated them at a board meeting then told them they weren't needed after they were assured Jonno would take the job.

Shrewdness

Have heard the name of a prominent member of the Mayo team, who is '' rumoured'' to have been one of the 7 players who voted to keep H/C in charge. However, there aren't any quotes directly from the player himself, so i don't think he should have been named... I know i'm from a different county, but i feel a bit sorry for H/C. They maintained Div 1 status, won 5 in a row in Connacht by a record margin, and then lost an AISF in a replay, to the eventual winners..