Leinster Club Senior Championships

Started by AZOffaly, September 28, 2015, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

So now that the All Irelands are all done and dusted, time to assess the current situation in the various leinster counties club championships.

Louth - Final Sean O'Mahoney's versus Saint Patricks - Louth GAA site says Thursday the 6th of October, but I assume it's next Weekend?

Meath - Semi Final Stage. Na Fianna versus Gaeil Colmcille and Navan O'Mahoneys versus St. Peters Dunboyne Both fixed for next weekend.

Dublin - Still at relatively early stages (last 16 I think). Upcoming fixtures this weekend include Saint Vincents versus Ballymun, after which Indiana might like Philly McMahon even less :)

Wicklow - Final Saint Patricks versus Rathnew - Sunday 11th October

Wexford - Semi Final Stage Castletown versus Saint Martins and Shelmaliers versus Saint James - Both this weekend.

Carlow - Final Old Leighlin versus Palatine October 11th

Kilkenny - Railyard crowned county champions since 28th August.

Kildare - Semi Final Stage Sarsfields V Celbridge and Athy V Johnstownbridge both this weekend

Laois - Semi Final Stage (I think) Arles Kilcruise versus Emo and Arles Killeen versus Portlaoise both this weekend.

Offaly - Final Rhode versus Edenderry October 11th.

Westmeath - Final Castledaly versus Saint Lomans October 11th

Longford - Final Abbylara versus Emmet Og Killoe This weekend.

Croí na hÉireann

Kilkenny are an example to us all in how to get the football championship finished in time.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Updates

Louth - Crown Saint Patricks champions.

Meath - The final will be between Navan O'Mahonys 0-22 to 2-13 victors over St. Peters Dunboyne, and Na Fianna, who beat Gaeil Colmcille 1-19 to 0-12.

Dublin - A scatter of games were on this weekend, as Dublin is down to the quarter final stage. St. Judes beat St. Brigids; Lucan Sarsfields hammered St. Pat's Palmerstown; Saint Vincents had a 6 point win over Ballymun; Ballyboden St. Endas beat Kilmacud Crokes by 4 points;Oliver Plunketts beat Raheny by 5 points. The Quarter final draw is

St Jude's v Na Fianna
Lucan Sarsfields v St Vincent's
St Anne's v Clontarf
Ballyboden St Enda's v St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh

Wicklow final is next weekend between Saint Patricks and Rathnew.

Wexford had their semi finals this weekend, but Shelmaliers and Saint James will have to do it all again as they drew 1-9 to 0-12. Saint Martin's await the winners after a 3 point win over Castletown. Castletown's score is the unusual 3-2 as Martin's hit 1-11.

Carlow final next weekend between Old Leighlin and Palatine

Kildare - The final is set as Sarsfields thumped Celbridge 1-14 to 0-07, and Athy did likewise to Johnstownbridge on a scoreline of 0-18 to 1-07.

Laois - The semi finals were played this weekend, and Portlaoise downed Arles-Killeen 1-18 to 1-11. The other game between Arles Kilcruise versus Emo ended in a 1-10 to 0-13 draw and the replay takes place on Thursday evening.

Offaly - Final Rhode versus Edenderry October 11th.

Westmeath - Final Castledaly versus Saint Lomans October 11th

Longford - Emmet Og Killoe crowned champions this weekend with a 1-14 to 1-11 win over Abbeylara

Heshs Umpire

I might throw in the "state of play" in the junior and intermediate if that's OK?

INTERMEDIATE

Glynn-Barntown or Bannow-Ballymitty (Wexford) v Kilkerley Emmets (Louth)
Winners v Rathcline (Longford)

Ballymanus (Wicklow) v Athlone (Westmeath)
Winners v Naomh Eoin or Kilbride or O'Hanrahans (Carlow)

St Pat's, Donabate (Dublin)  v Ratoath (Meath)
Winners v Railyard (Kilkenny)

Castledermot or Raheens (Kildare) v Annanough or Clonaslee St Manmans (Laois)
Winners v Durrow or Ballycumber (Offaly)

JUNIOR

Amsterdam v Killashee (Longford)
Winners v Naomh Fionnbarra or Roche Emmets (Louth)

Castlemitchell (Kildare) v Milltown (Westmeath)
Winners v Danesfort (Kilkenny)

Kilmacanogue or Barndarrig (Wicklow) v Bracknagh or Cappincur or Erin Rovers (Offaly)
Winners v Curraha or Dunsany (Meath)

Grange or St Patrick's, Tullow (Carlow)  v Round Towers Lusk (Dublin)
Barrowhouse (Laois) v Crossabeg-Ballymurn or St Joseph's (Wexford)
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

Just noticing there. Is Intermediate analogous to Senior B, and Junior to Intermediate, in Offaly?

I'm sure Durrow and Ballycumber are in the Senior B final, and Pullagh, Bracknagh and Cappincur are intermediate.

mad tan

Just looking at the draws all very interesting. Surely Athlone are a senior club. I see they are playing in the Leinster Inter/c 

AZOffaly

Athlone went down last year. They just won the Intermediate Championship last week.

Incidentally, the team that beat them in the relegation play off last year, Castledaly, have qualified for the Westmeath Co. Final this year. Narrow margins!

Croí na hÉireann

Athlone will be pushing hard for the Leinster title, were well represented this year on the county team and have a good few lads with county experience.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2015, 01:45:32 PM
Just noticing there. Is Intermediate analogous to Senior B, and Junior to Intermediate, in Offaly?

I'm sure Durrow and Ballycumber are in the Senior B final, and Pullagh, Bracknagh and Cappincur are intermediate.
As far as I know that's the position. Clonbullogue won the junior but won't be in Leinster.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

shark

Athlone were not impressive in semi final or final, but the pressure on them was huge. They never should have got relegated in the first place. Have a great chance of winning Leinster now that the pressure is off.

AZOffaly

Updates after w/e 11th Oct

Louth - Crown Saint Patricks champions.

Meath -  Navan O'Mahonys v Na Fianna, on 26th October.

Dublin - Quarter Finals next weekend

St Jude's v Na Fianna
Lucan Sarsfields v St Vincent's
St Anne's v Clontarf
Ballyboden St Enda's v St Oliver Plunkett's/Eoghan Ruadh

Wicklow Rathnew champions after beating Saint Patricks yesterday.

Wexford Saint James beat Shelmaliers and qualified for the final against Saint Martin's apparently this is Saint James' third final in a row, all in different grades. Some rise up the ranks.

Carlow [Palatine] crowned champions after beating Old Leighlin

Kildare - Sarsfieldsv Athy in the final

Laois - Portlaoise v Emo in the final on the 18th

Offaly - Edenderry crowned champions after defeating Rhode yesterday.

Westmeath - Saint Lomans romped to victory over Castledaly.

Longford - Emmet Og Killoe crowned champions

AZOffaly

We can start putting the provincial draw up now I suppose..

1   Palatine (CW)   v   Laois    25.10.2015   Netwatch Cullen Park   2.00
2   1   v   Kildare   8.11.2015   (Carlow or Portlaoise)   2.00
3   Killoe (LD)   v   Wexford    25.10.2015   Glennon Bros. Pearse Park   2.00
4   3   v   Meath    8.11.2015   (Londford or Wexford)   2.00
5   Edenderry (OY)   v   Rathnew (WW)    25.10.2015   O Connor Park   2.00
6   5   v   St. Lomans (WH)    8.11.2015   (Tullamore or Aughrim)   2.00
7   St Patricks (LH)   v   Dublin   8.11.2015   Gaelic Grounds Drogheda   2.00
8   2   v   4   22.11.2015       
9.   6   v   7   22.11.2015       
Final   8   v   9     6.12.2015       

The Aristocrat

Just to point out St Pats Donabate represent Dublin in the intermediate Leinster championship as St Vincent's beat them to win the inter championship and cant represent due to having a senior team.

INDIANA

Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 12, 2015, 04:38:21 PM
Just to point out St Pats Donabate represent Dublin in the intermediate Leinster championship as St Vincent's beat them to win the inter championship and cant represent due to having a senior team.

they won't last long. poor enough outfit