Arlene Foster going to be the new First Minister?

Started by heganboy, September 23, 2015, 02:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: michaelg on September 27, 2015, 12:24:35 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 27, 2015, 12:01:02 AM
For someone who has been very outspoken about the northern soccer team and it's sectarianism from supporters and players alike Tony, this is quite the turn around.
What NI players have been sectarian?

NI itself is sectarian, those who promote it as promoting sectarianism.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

michaelg

Quote from: armaghniac on September 25, 2015, 07:57:46 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2015, 07:27:57 PM
Undoubtedly there are some unionists who are anti Catholic but these are a tiny minority.Neither do I believe Unionism seeks to render non unionists second class citizens.I think it's core aim is simply to preserve the union but admittedly it needs to be much more inclusive and less exclusively Protestant in this regard

The union is a colonisation project, whose objective is subject the natives to the rule of the colonisers. This is the elephant in the room which unionists pretend does not exist and where in a version of the Stockholm syndrome many people from a nationalist background now buy into this also.
What a bullshit statement.  By maintaining the union, "the natives" will also benefit.  i.e. The goal in not to "subject them to the rule of the colonisers", as they too will continue to benefit from free healthcare, JSA, housing benefit etc.

Windmill abu

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2015, 11:20:26 PM
I am no fan of the Orange Order, but have no problems with members of the Orange Order. From their perspective they Saw it as being able to march along a public highway.In any event the scumbags who threw a petrol bomb into the house where the 3 kids were had no connection with the Orange Order or with any sane person or organisation.The violence here is long gone,and thankfully both tribes,or their extreme members seem to have largely cottoned on to that.

You cannot demonise a whole people or community because of the actions of a relatively few scumbags.

This organisation has at its basis an anti catholic agenda. Why would a protestant who sees his catholic co-worker/neighbour as an equal want to be a member of such a blatantly sectarian orginisation?

You seem to be having a problem using the word murder when describing the killing of children.

If at any stage the members of Portadown orange order come out and offer their condolences to the family of the children and condemn the murdering scum who killed them, then we may change our view of loyalist Portadown.

Never underestimate the power of complaining

armaghniac

Quote from: michaelg on September 27, 2015, 12:37:43 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 25, 2015, 07:57:46 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2015, 07:27:57 PM
Undoubtedly there are some unionists who are anti Catholic but these are a tiny minority.Neither do I believe Unionism seeks to render non unionists second class citizens.I think it's core aim is simply to preserve the union but admittedly it needs to be much more inclusive and less exclusively Protestant in this regard

The union is a colonisation project, whose objective is subject the natives to the rule of the colonisers. This is the elephant in the room which unionists pretend does not exist and where in a version of the Stockholm syndrome many people from a nationalist background now buy into this also.
What a bullshit statement.  By maintaining the union, "the natives" will also benefit.  i.e. The goal in not to "subject them to the rule of the colonisers", as they too will continue to benefit from free healthcare, JSA, housing benefit etc.

There are 2 things here. Pragmatic unionism which might argue that NI's temporary continuation makes practical sense, Alliance party if you like. Then there is Unionism which opposes the GAA, Irish language, cross border cooperation and the like, and advocates flying union jacks at every opportunity.

The first group make a calculation and particular elements can be argued about for that calculation. The second, I.e. Unionist parties, have the colonial proposition that NI is British, continuing a disgusting 17th century project into the 21st century.

T Fearon

Windmill,one of the prominent clergymen at Drumcree ,William Bingham,said after the children's murders that a march down Garvaghy Road would be a hollow victory,and he walked away.Paisley visited the home.There is no way anyone,other than the scum who carried it out,condoned this terrible atrocity.

Most people in all areas here,on both sides,want nothing more than to get on with their lives and live and let live.Same applies to Portadown.

T Fearon

Armaghmaniac the Unionism which opposes everything Irish is now the minuscule TUV.

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2015, 08:45:49 AM
Armaghmaniac the Unionism which opposes everything Irish is now the minuscule TUV.
Don't forget a certain chap called Elliott  ;) or the Archbigot Campbell .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Elliott has no interest in going to a GAA game? That doesn't make him a bigot anymore than my lack of interest in attending Remembrance Sunday or Orange Order events makes me one.Gregory did attend GAA games when he was DCAL Minister.Do not confuse political posturing with bigotry.

Bazil Douglas

Quote from: Rossfan on September 27, 2015, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2015, 08:45:49 AM
Don't forget a certain chap called Elliott  ;) or the Archbigot Campbell .
These guys will always tolerate a few token gestures of Irish culture but they will never accept it, Foster included.
These guys had to be dragged kicking and squealing into the 21st century, and I think you'll find if it wasn't for fair employment legislation, they still would,nt give much ground.

Rossfan

Elliott was also blathering about how terrible and upsetting was  flying a Tricolour and playing the National Anthem at Brewster Park.
Not much respect for 52% of his neighbours there.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JPGJOHNNYG

Sorry but this is becoming ridiculous. Big Tom is a bigot full stop, not only is he anti gaa, anti irish language, anti gay rights but he is still pro gerrymandering as he felt the DUP were at fault for not 'fixing' the Belfast city council boundaries to keep belfast unionist controlled. As for Arlene it is laughable that she now thinks mcdonnell should apologise  to catholics for calling them taigs like wtf is she completely stupid. She has a degree for ffs but then again she keeps saying I have went all the time so who knows.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ziggysego on September 27, 2015, 12:01:02 AM
For someone who has been very outspoken about the northern soccer team and it's sectarianism from supporters and players alike Tony, this is quite the turn around.

The gay marraige vote sent him over the edge.

T Fearon

And how many Sinn Feiners respect Unionist culture,stand for the UK National Anthem?

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2015, 02:47:56 PM
And how many Sinn Feiners respect Unionist culture,stand for the UK National Anthem?

There you have it. The attempt to draw an equivalence between advocating colonialism and opposing it. If you don't accept that there is a moral difference in these two things there is no point in further debate. That said, in the interests of peace nationalists of all sorts have put up with a lot.

StGallsGAA

What might the UK National Anthem be then Tony?? :o