Player of the Year

Started by thewobbler, September 20, 2015, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

None of the Sunday Game analysts gave their POTY to B Brogan.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 20, 2015, 10:56:37 PM

I still think he'll get the nod though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

From the Bunker

Could you hear them? They were all talking at the same time and that included (just for men) Des!

moysider

Quote from: ONeill on September 20, 2015, 10:57:59 PM

I still think he'll get the nod though.

Who chooses?

There was a fair gatherum of opinion there tonight and nobody went with Brogan. Conditions today were difficult but he looked flaky. Kilkenny was consistently very good every game, including today. So was McCaffrey.

DuffleKing

Brogan was atrocious yesterday. He scored heavily in the leinster turkey shoots.

Disillusioned

James McCarthy - most underrated player who did the heavy lifting all year.
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

nrico2006

In a way over the past few years there hardly seems to be a player who was head and shoulders above the rest in the way that Stevie O'Neill was in 2005, Brogan in 2010 or McDonnell in 2002. 

As for young player of the year, Mark Bradley had a brilliant year from winning the u-21 to starring at CHF the whole way to the semi-final.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rrhf

highorlow

Peader Andrews or Kilkenny for me.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Esmarelda

I assume it'll go to a player from Dublin but for me it should be Aidan O'Shea.

five points

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 21, 2015, 09:52:17 AM
I assume it'll go to a player from Dublin but for me it should be Aidan O'Shea.
+1

westbound

I cant see how Aidan o'Shea would get it.

He was brilliant against poor teams in connacht (that sligo full back conceded 3 goals to the roscommon full forward in the u-21 championship earlier in the year and was left naively exposed).

He was fairly well marshalled by the dublin defence (even if it took 2/3 players to do it!)

So the only game where I would say he gave a possible POTY performance was against Donegal.

But that's just my opinion!  ;)

Schkite

I don't know how anyone who's watched the last few games could possibly suggest O'Shea for POTY.

Stall the Bailer

While McMahon has done a lot of good things this year, he was also involved in a good few unsporting instances.
For player of the year award, it should be someone who has made a big impact, but also played in a very sporting manner. They should be an example to others how the game should be played, a positive influence and epitomizes everything that is good about our sport.
I would go with B. Brogan