British Army Club to compete in London Junior Championship

Started by theticklemister, September 10, 2015, 05:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theticklemister on September 10, 2015, 05:53:49 PM
What are people's opinions on this?

http://m.hoganstand.com/Home/Details/243983?county=National

Psni/ruc have been playing for years in Interfirm run competitions, it happens... I moonlighted for a company a few years ago and played against the peelers, twice... legally chasing a peeler with a stick, striking a peeler with a weapon, what's not to like? ;)

Al part of the process, how many Irish men have joined the British army over the years?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

f**k all wrong with it until they go out and start winning games, then they want rid of them

The Hill is Blue

Why should they not play? After the people of Ireland voted overwhelmingly to accept the Good Friday Agreement are there still people out there who think we are war with Britain?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

No one cares. Or at least they shouldn't. Sport should be a unifying thing.

From the Bunker

Maroon Manc

I'd imagine there will be plenty of opposition considering the story I was told about a club over here who had a number of players whom objected to a player joining because of his background.

theticklemister

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 10, 2015, 09:56:16 PM
I'd imagine there will be plenty of opposition considering the story I was told about a club over here who had a number of players whom objected to a player joining because of his background.

Yeah heard about that. What happened in end up?

armaghniac

Here is one thing; but you cannot reasonably choose to live in Britain and then oppose everything British (unless you are James McClean)'
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rosnarun

Quote from: armaghniac on September 11, 2015, 08:17:19 AM
Here is one thing; but you cannot reasonably choose to live in Britain and then oppose everything British (unless you are James McClean)'
Surely Mclean has a point in his home town was declared to be inBrittan he never asked for that , they even put london into the name incase he'd forget.
any country who can't allow what they claim as 'one of ther own'  to peaceful objection  is a poor democracy
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Applesisapples

Why does McClean need to be part of this thread? Progress and good to see Irish regiments involved.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: theticklemister on September 10, 2015, 10:37:53 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 10, 2015, 09:56:16 PM

Yeah heard about that. What happened in end up?

Probably best I don't comment any further on the matter on here.

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2015, 06:03:22 PM

Psni/ruc have been playing for years in Interfirm run competitions, it happens... I moonlighted for a company a few years ago and played against the peelers, twice... legally chasing a peeler with a stick, striking a peeler with a weapon, what's not to like? ;)
I would share those exact sentiments  ;D

It's only a sport at the end of the day.

shawshank

Quote from: general_lee on September 11, 2015, 12:56:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2015, 06:03:22 PM

I would share those exact sentiments  ;D

It's only a sport at the end of the day.

Is this the same PSNI/RUc who arrest senior Sinn Finn leaders with no evidence at all, and collude with unionists to try and marginaise Sinn Fein voters on their rights to democracy. Anyway, lets no take it to seriously, sport should be unifying