Michael O'Neill potentially the greatest soccer manager Ireland has ever produce

Started by T Fearon, September 04, 2015, 11:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Has their recent success made anyone want to support OWC? For me, the adjulation makes it even worse.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on September 06, 2015, 02:00:43 PM
Has their recent success made anyone want to support OWC? For me, the adjulation makes it even worse.
No, just the "fans" who stopped supporting them during the an years. A lad in work said their NISC had over 100 members in 2010 and had 15 up to a few weeks ago. He expects numbers to shoot up again  ???

bennydorano

Some job by O'Neill. I have always had a soft spot for NI even during the dark days, I just cant muster the bitterness to dislike them. I do wish they'd ditch GSTQ, it's just embarrassing. Have never really warmed to ROI, bar the drunken bandwagoning back in the day.

I'll be in France on holidays next year, i'll be there for the semis & finals - doubt i'll have to buy either jersey to support either team by that stage.

keep her low this half

I had the problem of playing schools soccer against Michael when he went to St Louis in Ballymena. There was more meat on a chicken nugget but he made all us bigger stronger guys look like tools ( not difficult I Know ). Coincidentally that St Louis team also included a young Eamon Loughran who went on to win a world boxing title. He was a crap footballer though but a proper hard nut even then. Good luck to Michael and well done as he always comes across as a very down to earth sensible guy.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Wildweasel74

g i think its really pathetic when a Catholic used the term taig, a derogatory
term, hard to get offended loyalist calling you that when you so readily call yourself that, Its like a blackperson calling himself a ni**er. Have some self respect

ONeill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 06, 2015, 11:20:41 PM
term, hard to get offended loyalist calling you that when you so readily call yourself that, Its like a blackperson calling himself a ni**er. Have some self respect

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 06, 2015, 11:20:41 PM

Get a grip you header
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Michael O'Neill has taken a bunch of players with less ability on paper than we have in the Irish squad and led them to the brink of qualification and fair play to him. I personally couldn't support them but that's my choice. The sectarianism around the supporters and IFA doesn't detract from the job he has done. A better bet than Rodgers and to me a more likeable character than Rodgers who I find tedious.

Brick Tamlin

Norn Iron are in a sh!te group and played none.
The B-Rodge is a bluffer of the highest calibre.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 07, 2015, 12:40:18 PM
Michael O'Neill has taken a bunch of players with less ability on paper than we have in the Irish squad and led them to the brink of qualification and fair play to him. I personally couldn't support them but that's my choice. The sectarianism around the supporters and IFA doesn't detract from the job he has done. A better bet than Rodgers and to me a more likeable character than Rodgers who I find tedious.

I would agree I couldn't support them too seriously but fair play to him if they get there - I hope they do. I do wonder though if they have less ability on paper than the Irish squad. I go to a lot of the games and there are a lot of guys playing at the minute who don't exactly set the world alight.

stew

If you look at O'Neills body of work as a manager he has done very well everywhere he has been, he is both liked and respected by the players in the squad and he has fostered a tremendous culture in the norths squad.

I for one hope they make it, I always check to see how they are doing and I just wish there was a way for them to win and their supporters to lose!

I support all who wear the Green of Irleand but if it came down to it I would prefer the republic to win even though I never lived a minute in the republic, maybe it's because of the billy boy element that support the north that put me off them, they have more than their fair share which detracts from the great supporters that follow them around the globe!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on September 06, 2015, 09:59:03 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 05, 2015, 10:56:48 PM
Can only beat who's in front of you LL...you not want on the bandwagon? I can send ye a tap and a fleg!!
Yeah I know and fair play if they qualify.
I'm fine for fleg or a tap thanks, sure the last time I was in Windsor Park I wore a Laois top  ;D

Meet me half way then and wear a Fermanagh top and I'll through in my Ulster fleg.