Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: redhandefender on September 16, 2015, 09:41:33 AM
Quote from: screenexile on September 16, 2015, 09:36:59 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 16, 2015, 09:17:41 AM
Quote from: lenny on September 16, 2015, 06:54:18 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 16, 2015, 06:09:29 AM
Alleluia!

Whether common sense has prevailed or whether there was to much reading between the lines I dont know

But I am happy with the result

I just got a shiver up me spine and the rest of Ireland started to quiver in their boots!

You'll be crying for him to go long before the end of the 2 years.

Or....you might be. Interesting how its the Armagh and Derry contingent that are most vociferous in their view that Mickey should go. I wonder why?

On the contrary, if he keeps driving good young players like Coney, O'Neill, Grugan, McKenna out then I'm happy enough . . . 12 MORE YEARS!!!!

Coney had his chance, doesn't have th attributes or commitment.

O'neill unfortunately has zero speed anymore as Sunday showed

Which McKenna? Niall was injured all year, Ryan was mediocure at county level, conor has went to play pro ball and will be back

Grugan not string enough for midfield, shown up when it mattered and again clear to see on Sunday past.

But you are clearly an expert, you should trying coming over to watch a really club championship instead of the softies in your county pandering to the big bad boys from Cross every year

I'm a Derry man you buffoon and our Club Championship is just fine!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redhandefender on September 16, 2015, 09:41:33 AM
Alleluia!

Whether common sense has prevailed or whether there was to much reading between the lines I dont know

I just got a shiver up me spine and the rest of Ireland started to quiver in their boots!

Or....you might be. Interesting how its the Armagh and Derry contingent that are most vociferous in their view that Mickey should go. I wonder why?

On the contrary, if he keeps driving good young players like Coney, O'Neill, Grugan, McKenna out then I'm happy enough . . . 12 MORE YEARS!!!!

Coney had his chance, doesn't have th attributes or commitment.

O'neill unfortunately has zero speed anymore as Sunday showed

Which McKenna? Niall was injured all year, Ryan was mediocure at county level, conor has went to play pro ball and will be back

Grugan not string enough for midfield, shown up when it mattered and again clear to see on Sunday past.

But you are clearly an expert, you should trying coming over to watch a really club championship instead of the softies in your county pandering to the big bad boys from Cross every year

I wouldn't completely rule out those players yet.

nrico2006

Was Ronan O'Neill a speed merchant before the cruciate injury?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

redhandefender

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 16, 2015, 09:44:02 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on September 16, 2015, 09:38:17 AM
Would love to know which 3 clubs voted against it? Great choice but even more importantly keeping the under 21 involved and giving them the resources they need this year. Hopefully the can tie in closely with Mickey for the next 2 years.

I think we need a year to get out of div 2 then who knows 2017 could be the year when these boys are reaching peak! Great hope swelling in the county again after this year and a more of a united front.

As for the Derry and Armagh haters, laugh and move on, they have had all summer to sit around working on their abuse, a big mc kenna cup to look forward to for both of them and then 2 thumpings handed out by this new tyrone in the league should shut them both up. Both are in disarray!

LOL still always thump you lads at club football. Typical Tyrone fans. More interest in their county than the club. Although I'll add a caveat I've got respect for the Ardboe, Clonoe and Carmen men for standing up to the tyrant Harte!

Yeah you wouldn't understand the joys of winning an all Ireland as by the tone and maturity of your posts I doubt you were born in 1993. Derry club scene is interesting I will give you that. The problem is all your clubs are exactly like Ardboe, Clonoe and Carrickmore and think its all about them. Your clubs are obviously going to be in a better position for ulster given that derry are out first or second round every year!

We are attempting here to have a thriving club scene and strong County set up, something I fear in derry, given their attitudes will never be possible. Maybe that sacked Derry City FC manager will take over the county set up, he's well used to handling a load of b**chy crying softies!

redhandefender

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 16, 2015, 10:11:13 AM

absolute flying machine, unmarkable!

Il Bomber Destro

No but I do think he needs to work on his physical conditioning, to my eye he seems to be a wee bit heavy.

The class of 2010 hasn't really set the world alight yet. Clarke had done really well up until doing his cruciate and what I've seen of him since has been very worrying. O'Neill also has struggled since a cruciate injury.

Big year for them next year and there should be a good few of that panel involved with Clarke, O'Neill, Grugan, R Donnelly, Sludden, McNulty and McCurry all likely to be involved I would imagine.

redhandefender

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 16, 2015, 10:19:21 AM

No but I do think he needs to work on his physical conditioning, to my eye he seems to be a wee bit heavy.

The class of 2010 hasn't really set the world alight yet. Clarke had done really well up until doing his cruciate and what I've seen of him since has been very worrying. O'Neill also has struggled since a cruciate injury.

Big year for them next year and there should be a good few of that panel involved with Clarke, O'Neill, Grugan, R Donnelly, Sludden, McNulty and McCurry all likely to be involved I would imagine.

Rony O'neill wasn't fast? Are you serious? He was lightning fast as a minor and the year after minors at club level

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redhandefender on September 16, 2015, 11:17:36 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 16, 2015, 10:19:21 AM

Rony O'neill wasn't fast? Are you serious? He was lightning fast as a minor and the year after minors at club level

Nippy but hardly what was the standout facet of his game. Plenty of quicker players in that team for instance.

nrico2006

To people who regularly watch him play, has he slowed down (as a result of injury of physique change) or is he as fast as he was?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Alleluia!

Yet you conveniently ignore the fact that Darren McCurry, Conor McAliskey, Niall Morgan, Ronan McNabb, Ronan McNamee, Conor Meyler, Mark Bradley, Matty Donnelly etc have all come through in recent years. Not to mention the development of Colm Cavanagh, Justin McMahon and Cathal McCarron over the years. Can you show me a manager that has successfully managed every young talent into a top class county star??
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

too many havent... Conor McCarron?  :o 

nrico2006

Since Harte has took over he has had the pick of 6 Ulster Minor winning teams (3 All Ireland Winning teams) along with an All Ireland runner up.  That means there is a lot of talent that has been lost and not brought through or developed by Harte. 

imtommygunn

Could you not argue though that it wasn't even brought through at u21 which was nothing to do with him?

How many of those teams won ulster at u21?

longballin

many players came through though...

redhandefender