End Game for Mickey?

Started by Bo Man, September 02, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

moysider

Quote from: Gaffer on September 05, 2015, 12:17:22 AM
He has to be interviewed for the job for next year.

Really - is that true?

Who the f**k in Tyrone or anywhere else is qualified to interview Mickey Harte about managing a football team ? ::)

The interview scenario is an insult to get him to resign. Mickey Harte should be doing the interviews for future managers not justifying himself at this stage.

After all he has been through I suspect he finds it finds it hard to leave it behind. It must be a great distraction for him.

But y'know maybe his time ended with the Doohers, McMenamons, Jordans, Gormleys, etc.

He'll always have respect from younger lads coming in but any manager only has so much shelf life. Impossible to keep the edge but you can still go through the motions and be still better than most. However it might not be the best thing to do.

Micko probably stayed too long with Kerry and they went into a slack period for 10 years.

Boylan probably stayed too long in Meath as well.

Johnno presided over Galway for about 3 years after 01 and regressed every year. The game passed him out and we were fortunate to survive his management 07- 10 and be able to compete after at the level we ve done since.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: moysider on September 05, 2015, 01:09:50 AM
Johnno presided over Galway for about 3 years after 01 and regressed every year. The game passed him out and we were fortunate to survive his management 07- 10 and be able to compete after at the level we ve done since.

Hi boy, you've an All-Ireland semi to be worried about tomorrow. Let us fcuk things up ourselves without interference from the West, we're quite capable! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

moysider

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 05, 2015, 01:16:15 AM

Hi boy, you've an All-Ireland semi to be worried about tomorrow. Let us fcuk things up ourselves without interference from the West, we're quite capable! ;)

Sorry son. I should have prefaced that by saying that I couldn t care less about what happens in Tyrone ;)

But seriously, don t do anything without talking to me first. I m available to sit on an interview panel as well as a neutral ;D

moysider

Quote from: hardstation on September 05, 2015, 01:21:39 AM

Really - is that true?

Who the f**k in Tyrone or anywhere else is qualified to interview Mickey Harte about managing a football team ? ::)

The interview scenario is an insult to get him to resign. Mickey Harte should be doing the interviews for future managers not justifying himself at this stage.
That's a bit behind the times in my view. Harte has been God like in Tyrone football since 2003 (and rightly so) but there may be people out there offering a better future for Tyrone football (probably like Harte did at the start of his tenure). Harte can hardly be on the interviewing panel when he is in for the job.

I m actually agreeing with you - I think. If there is an interview then that is a big, big 'hint' that Mickey is not universally wanted in Tyrone. I was not suggesting that he would interview himself! But who is qualified to interview him?! Anywhere? He d be a man another county would look for advice or to sit in on an interview panel.

Mickey can tough it out and if he goes through the interview it will take a brass neck panel to not reappoint him. If somebody else is appointed they will have to hit the ground running and keep running. Remember he won an AI in his first year. There's going to be no honeymoon for whoever.

In hiding

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 05, 2015, 12:36:00 AM
Surely all Logan has to do is withdraw from consideration
Why would he ?
Maybe he is the right man for the job

Traveller

Quote from: In hiding on September 05, 2015, 02:44:13 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 05, 2015, 12:36:00 AM
Surely all Logan has to do is withdraw from consideration
Why would he ?
Maybe he is the right man for the job
Logan is being talked to for the U 21 job that he is in, there is no one else in for the Senior job. The language used by the County Board is very poor. It is a discussion with Harte and Logan before their inevitable and deserved reappointments, can't see what the story is here.

omaghjoe

This is bad bad form IMO

It is an attempt to get the blood up in Mickey by disrespecting him, I hope for the good of Tyrone Senior Football he sticks this BS out.

As moysider pointed out...

On the other hand if there is something about his backroom team having to be ratified I wouldn't disagree with that, Peter Donnelly is a great man to have in the setup but feck me Horse Devlin??? He's a total lose canon.

But more important than anything else is....

MICKEY MUST STAY!

T Fearon

Surely Mickey cannot turn up at interview unshaven

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2015, 07:33:26 AM

Harte did well with one core group of players who were on all 3 teams to win Sam. There is an argument that those players were so good that if Eugene McKenna had been left in charge instead of being shafted by the county board and Harte then they would have won those titles anyway. Since the bulk of that core group of players have retired Harte has ballsed it up for the last 7 years and many very good players haven't been brought through or developed. He's a good manager no doubt but,a bit like pete mcgrath in down, each year he stays without success his legacy is tarnished. Without the lucky draw this year most tyrone fans would have been very happy to see the back of him.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on September 05, 2015, 08:06:34 AM

Harte did well with one core group of players who were on all 3 teams to win Sam. There is an argument that those players were so good that if Eugene McKenna had been left in charge instead of being shafted by the county board and Harte then they would have won those titles anyway. Since the bulk of that core group of players have retired Harte has ballsed it up for the last 7 years and many very good players haven't been brought through or developed. He's a good manager no doubt but,a bit like pete mcgrath in down, each year he stays without success his legacy is tarnished. Without the lucky draw this year most tyrone fans would have been very happy to see the back of him.

The "lucky draw" this year.

Of the four semi-finalists this year I think it's fair to say Tyrone had the most difficult path to get there.

T Fearon

Agree.Joe Kernan and Pete Mc Grath both stayed too long in their respective counties,and the impact was not only bad for them personally but bad for their counties too.

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 05, 2015, 08:21:35 AM

Of the four semi-finalists this year I think it's fair to say Tyrone had the most difficult path to get there.

They lost to the only 2 decent teams they played.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on September 05, 2015, 08:25:15 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 05, 2015, 08:21:35 AM

They lost to the only 2 decent teams they played.

Skewed logic as Monaghan showed they were better than Donegal this year.

Tyrone have faced three Division One teams this year.

That's more than any of the other teams remaining in the Championship have at this stage, so so much for a "lucky draw".

sam03/05

Time for Rosin Jordan to resign, not fit for purpose. The language she is using is terrible, why talk of 'interview' the word meeting was being used earlier in the week. Her and the other idiots involved will set the county back ten years. They will case nothing but a split. It reals of whatDerry dos to Coleman and look what happend them afterwards.
I have heard there is a campaign starting to get rid of Jordan and a few others