Started by Bo Man, September 02, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 02, 2015, 04:50:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 04:37:12 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 02, 2015, 04:33:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 04:06:07 PM
Quote from: longballin on September 02, 2015, 02:02:23 PM
Won't happen though Tyrone's 'great' year being somewhat overcooked. Relegation and haven't beaten a top team now (Mayo-Dublin-Cork-Kerry-Donegal) in championship since 2008.

Cork aren't in that axis and never really were.

Errrrr y'eejiteen..... Who won Sam 2010??

Who did they beat to get there? No Munster, we were game but always gonig to be overmatched. Then Dublin before they started winning and Down of all teams in the AI final. It was a dream run for Cork, never having to confront the bogeymen that were/are their neighbours. Cork under Counihan and Cuthbert have been anything but fearsome.

Once again Syferus you are really making a point which is utterly relevant to the theme of the thread. Thanks for your input.

..responding to something someone else said.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 04:51:47 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 02, 2015, 04:50:09 PM
Won't happen though Tyrone's 'great' year being somewhat overcooked. Relegation and haven't beaten a top team now (Mayo-Dublin-Cork-Kerry-Donegal) in championship since 2008.

Who did they beat to get there? No Munster, we were game but always gonig to be overmatched. Then Dublin before they started winning and Down of all teams in the AI final. It was a dream run for Cork, never having to confront the bogeymen that were/are their neighbours. Cork under Counihan and Cuthbert have been anything but fearsome.

Once again Syferus you are really making a point which is utterly relevant to the theme of the thread. Thanks for your input.

..responding to something someone else said.

Yes, whether Cork are a big team is definitely the point to pick on in this thread...
That was never a square ball!!

Armamike

It's going the way of Meath under Sean Boylan.  No one will want to be the one to challenge Harte while he still wants the job.  Would be silly to remove him after the run to the semis. Will be interesting next year to see how Tyrone do - usually seem to follow a good year with a dip the following  one.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2015, 04:46:58 PM

You've an awful habit of under evaluating teams Syf. Kerry weren't going to be within as asses roar of an All Ireland for years, as recently as last year, according to your good self.
I think Cork have underachieved under a couple of managers, but they did win an All Ireland and it's crazy to say they weren't among the top teams for at least a couple of years. They have a brain fart about Kerry in Croker, or had in the late 00s at least, but they were still the 2nd or 3rd best team in Ireland around then.

Not to mention winning the league 3 years in a row...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ONeill

Art McRory's the man. He'll being back the glory days.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

No major trophies in five years,shite style of football,more petulant than Mourinho....time is definitely up.

Throw ball

If I was Harte I would quit now. A good portion of the county want rid of him, some players appear to not want to play for the county with him as manager - opinion and no proof before I get lambasted. On top of that they have had a fairly good year. Hand over the reigns now and when things go south they may well come back looking you in a few years.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Throw ball on September 02, 2015, 06:23:12 PM
If I was Harte I would quit now. A good portion of the county want rid of him, some players appear to not want to play for the county with him as manager - opinion and no proof before I get lambasted.

What appears to you to be the case, isn't actually the case (re certain players not wanting to play for him as manager).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

T Fearon

Just saw Person Specification for Tyrone Manager

Media Friendly
Atheist or at least agnostic
Either fully bearded or clean shaven,but no half way.
Must be able to win trophies in consecutive years.
Must have a sense of humour

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2015, 06:48:32 PM
Just saw Person Specification for Tyrone Manager

Media Friendly
Atheist or at least agnostic
Either fully bearded or clean shaven,but no half way.
Must be able to win trophies in consecutive years.
Must have a sense of humour

That's you out of the running then.
That was never a square ball!!

Aaron Boone

How can the 8 McKenna Cup wins be dismissed as not a major trophy?

Gabriel_Hurl

It's no National League Division 3 trophy which I'm sure is what the boul' Tone is referring to.

ose 14

for the first time in the history of the world think i will have to agree with the man who started the thread from ardboe.
mickey harte is human lads like the rest of us hes passionate like the rest of us and like most tyrone men (im sure the southerners would agree) hes as stubborn as a blind mule on the edge of a cliff. for the players that he has at his disposal and the lack of proper investment in the squad thats required hes done a bloody good job this year. yes myself included have questioned his calls re tactics and the continued apparent favourtism of some players, but in general could you fault him in the bigger picture. ive changed my mind on him big time since last sunday week, im pissed that we cant beat donegal or a big 4 team or the blanket. but the more i think of it especially over the past few days with the way hes been treated the more i want to back him. club tyrone and garvaghey and their minnions are driving the current anti-mickey crusade and its not being done in terms of football its being done in terms of marketability re the rte impasse. our players are being treated like shit by the southern media and rte in particular. if our sponsors cant see fit to back our manager over something that is personal and demeaning then its time we found a sponsor who did. club tyrone cannot throw the baby even if he is 61 and has a beard  out with very dirty bathwater.
we have an armagh chairperson ffs please do not allow a manager into this county who has not been to the coalface in a white jersey with that redhand on it, because that is what tyrone is all about. its not about grand meeting rooms and pressing flesh with  the sharks of the business world its about football its about people and its about respect for one of your own. we have sold our soul do not humiliate one of our greatest football sons because we now think rte dont like us. f**k THEM.

Gabriel_Hurl

That is without doubt the hardest post I've ever had to read in my life.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: ose 14 on September 02, 2015, 07:11:24 PM
for the first time in the history of the world think i will have to agree with the man who started the thread from ardboe.
mickey harte is human lads like the rest of us hes passionate like the rest of us and like most tyrone men (im sure the southerners would agree) hes as stubborn as a blind mule on the edge of a cliff. for the players that he has at his disposal and the lack of proper investment in the squad thats required hes done a bloody good job this year. yes myself included have questioned his calls re tactics and the continued apparent favourtism of some players, but in general could you fault him in the bigger picture. ive changed my mind on him big time since last sunday week, im pissed that we cant beat donegal or a big 4 team or the blanket. but the more i think of it especially over the past few days with the way hes been treated the more i want to back him. club tyrone and garvaghey and their minnions are driving the current anti-mickey crusade and its not being done in terms of football its being done in terms of marketability re the rte impasse. our players are being treated like shit by the southern media and rte in particular. if our sponsors cant see fit to back our manager over something that is personal and demeaning then its time we found a sponsor who did. club tyrone cannot throw the baby even if he is 61 and has a beard  out with very dirty bathwater.
we have an armagh chairperson ffs please do not allow a manager into this county who has not been to the coalface in a white jersey with that redhand on it, because that is what tyrone is all about. its not about grand meeting rooms and pressing flesh with  the sharks of the business world its about football its about people and its about respect for one of your own. we have sold our soul do not humiliate one of our greatest football sons because we now think rte dont like us. f**k THEM.

Whats that all about.

Mickeys has done a great job this year for sure. But he has also managed to alienate a lot of people both internal and external to the County and the media. I would like to see him continue on for another year but suspect the County chairwomans embaresment early in the year when she thought agreement had been reached over Mickeys RTE's no interviews policy Has not been forgotten.The chickens may be coming home to roost.