AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: regal on September 06, 2015, 11:44:20 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 06, 2015, 09:38:53 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 06, 2015, 07:13:42 PM
Coc would have been better off going down and getting a penalty and a black card for Cluxton.

Knowing our luck, Cluxton would have got a yellow and Cillian would have missed the penalty.  :P

Nothing to do with luck I'm afraid.

Why did you not go with the young lads such as Durcan, drake and coen? Surely they would have been a better bet than the tried and failed vaughan, Doherty etc?

Drake is pretty much the same age as Vaughan.

moysider

Well that's it for another generation of the green and red. The new management did ok to an extent and so did the previous but counties with lesser quality have won the whole shebang. This management will probably go the full term and this group will have passed their shelf-life with them. That's the way it goes I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntveBZsYtlM

omagh_gael

Tom Parsons is fierce like Eoin McLove from Fr Ted.

nrico2006

Johnny Cooper acting the thug again on Saturday, similar to Keegan the week before in that the aggressor basically got off.  The referee should have more common sense in knowing that the rule he used to black card him was not really applicable in that particular scenario. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 07, 2015, 08:19:30 AM
Johnny Cooper acting the thug again on Saturday, similar to Keegan the week before in that the aggressor basically got off.  The referee should have more common sense in knowing that the rule he used to black card him was not really applicable in that particular scenario.

yellow would have been the right call in the circumstances.

very enjoyably game of football. Mayo imploded when 4 points up, had a brain freeze when keep ball and empty the Dublin players tanks for 5/6 mins may well have done the trick

should be a good final.

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2015, 09:18:46 AM

very enjoyably game of football. Mayo imploded when 4 points up, had a brain freeze when keep ball and empty the Dublin players tanks for 5/6 mins may well have done the trick

should be a good final.

Cooper should also have been carded.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

"Acted the thug" might be a tad ott. Imo of course.

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 07, 2015, 09:45:34 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2015, 09:18:46 AM

should be a good final.

Cooper should also have been carded.

correct

Rudi

Very enjoyable game of football. IMO this Mayo team are the best team never to win an All Ireland. Keggans miss was a killer, they looked in complete control till Brogan did that fortunate bit of magic. How SOS did not get yellow instead of black is the only blight on an otherwise very good performance by Kinsella. The likes of Dublin, Kerry and Mayo are so far ahead of the rest, all will be back in next years semis again.

Declan

Very enjoyable game and made much easier to ref by the players attitudes compared to last week. Mayo really have a major problem mentally and also their lack of scoring forwards hurts them. Dubs finished the game fantastically well, reminiscent of our last two victories over Kerry to be honest, so hopefully we can do three in a row over the Kingdom. Bernard is having his best season in a blue jersey and Fenton has been a real find. Tickets scramble officially open

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2015, 07:08:36 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 06, 2015, 06:06:11 PM
You can clearly see the ball has switched hands before any contact with O'Connor therefore it's a free out.

The complete misunderstanding of this rule bugs the shit out of me. This was not a foul. You get gulpins shouting this at every game at every level without ever knowing the rule itself. A bit like "show ball" which is another nonsense!
Yes!!!! That is not switching hands. edit Sorry lads, I just saw ye've all agreed on this :) The reason I was so emphatic is because it annoys me too, and I saw someone on facebook giving out about it as well. Does my nut in.

screenexile

As a point on SOS' black card. At no point in the rules does it mention anywhere that a pull down has to be during play. The rule is very simple and very clear, if you deliberately pull someone down it is a black card.

The SOS incident should be used as a textbook example to be honest. Just because Cooper is smarter than SOS is no reason he should just get a yellow. Cooper should have gotten a yellow as well of course but O'Shea should have more sense than that! Also Keegan should have got a black card for the same thing last week!

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2015, 10:54:18 AM
As a point on SOS' black card. At no point in the rules does it mention anywhere that a pull down has to be during play. The rule is very simple and very clear, if you deliberately pull someone down it is a black card.

The SOS incident should be used as a textbook example to be honest. Just because Cooper is smarter than SOS is no reason he should just get a yellow. Cooper should have gotten a yellow as well of course but O'Shea should have more sense than that! Also Keegan should have got a black card for the same thing last week!

Cooper should have got a black as per the rules too then going by your logic. 

Of course the rules don't state in play if you are being pedantic about it, although everyone in the world knows that it is meant for offences during the course of play and not an off the ball incident (which shouldn't have been a black anyway as he threw his to the ground as opposed to dragging him down).

rrhf

Quote from: Rudi on September 07, 2015, 10:13:34 AM
Very enjoyable game of football. IMO this Mayo team are the best team never to win an All Ireland. Keggans miss was a killer, they looked in complete control till Brogan did that fortunate bit of magic. How SOS did not get yellow instead of black is the only blight on an otherwise very good performance by Kinsella. The likes of Dublin, Kerry and Mayo are so far ahead of the rest, all will be back in next years semis again.

Did Mayo ever think of paying a hitman?

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 07, 2015, 11:09:41 AM
Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2015, 10:54:18 AM

Cooper should have got a black as per the rules too then going by your logic. 

Of course the rules don't state in play if you are being pedantic about it, although everyone in the world knows that it is meant for offences during the course of play and not an off the ball incident (which shouldn't have been a black anyway as he threw his to the ground as opposed to dragging him down).

A pull down is a pull down regardless of a dragging or a throwing.

I personally don't see why there should there be a distinction between open play and not?