AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 05, 2015, 11:15:03 AM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on September 05, 2015, 11:11:09 AM
Quote from: maccer on September 05, 2015, 09:16:01 AM
Who cares anymore?
how can underage mentors try to instill discipline on hard to manage teens when they can point to this. For an association that looked down their noses are soccer for years this is farcical. I give up.
but sure who cares the money is coming in and a horde will be delirious tonight

Exactly. And why would parents want kids to choose a sport where the example from the top is to stand for nothing but winning at all costs? Not a shred of integrity left.
Rugby is now the first choice for many kids.

Only snobs play rugby and that's a fact . if you don't go to private school in Dublin you'll never see a rugby ball

AZOffaly

Quote from: Teo Lurley on September 05, 2015, 11:28:37 AM
I'm worried for Mayo today. I don't just mean on the scoreboard. Mayo players and fans, stay safe. Get the game over with and win or lose get out of Dublin sharpish.

Dont talk nonsense.

INDIANA

Quote from: Tubberman on September 05, 2015, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 09:39:41 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 05, 2015, 09:26:31 AM
It's gonna get nasty today. Very nasty, I fear.

Some players may well be needing their jaw wired up after it.

That would be my fear too. It's going to be a war-zone today.

Whoever wins today is not going to the final as they'll likely have injuries and suspensions to deal with.

I'd expect something similar to the 1996 AI Final Replay.

Two teams who hate the sight of each other and two sets of fans in a similar boat now after the last week. Could well end up with punch ups in the Stand as well especially with alcohol on board. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

Anyway Connolly probably won't start as he was up till 3am this morning and Dublin internally had already announced their team with him not in it.

I think, and I hope, that your attitude over the past week hasn't been typical of the majority of Dublin supporters

Couldn't care less. Your only happy when you're able to dictate the agenda here and insult Dublin and the people who live there. We've had some of our verbally and racially abused by your fans on social media .

You don't like it when you get back in spades . Do you want some sauce for those chips ?

I don't give a rats ass on what technicality he got off on. Both of them should have been suspended and if that wasn't the case then neither should be suspended - and not just one because a mayo player after he strikes a dublin player on the ground and goes crying to the linesman about the previous incident .

It was laughable that it ever had to go to the DRA. I don't care if we win or lose today - justice was done and that's bigger then winning any football game

IolarCoisCuain

Have Dublin named a team yet? Who'll start instead of Rory O'Carroll? Has he left the hospital yet?

maigheo

Jeez Indy you never cease to amaze me with your posts.Does this mean the war you were starting during the week is on hold for today?

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mrhardyannual

Just heading for the Big Smoke. As a Mayoman I'm glad Connolly has been freed up to play. Had the situation been reversed I think most Mayo people would have felt hard done by if our player was banned after being dragged to the ground. All these lads are amateurs and have invested years of their lives giving us such pleasure. It is difficult sometimes to see the disciplinary standards applied in the highly paid Premier League, where lads play week in week out and get paid irregardless of suspensions etc, being applied to Gaelic football. I'm not condoning thuggery in any form but to be fair (and despite all the invective on the board this past week) the two most serious injuries last week were the accidental clash of the two Dubs(as was the case in Limerick last year) and the cut to Carroll which also looked accidental.
Best of luck to both teams.
Having been at every Mayo semi-final appearance since 1967 I don't care what kind of game it is as long as we come out the right side of the result. Safe journey to all travelling.
In time honoured fashion I will be supporting whichever team wins today (hopefully Mayo) in the final.

BennyHarp

Really looking forward to this again today. Best wishes to both teams for a great game. Mayo by 2.
That was never a square ball!!

Captain Obvious

Didn't happen last week hopefully this game lives up to its high expectations of a classic. Dublin to win by 3 points

INDIANA

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 12:47:32 PM
Have Dublin named a team yet? Who'll start instead of Rory O'Carroll? Has he left the hospital yet?

Dermo isn't in the 26 so you can rest easy.

Hope your lads had a good stay in the Johnstown House yesterday? Central Council paying for that too?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 12:33:36 PM
Who cares anymore?
how can underage mentors try to instill discipline on hard to manage teens when they can point to this. For an association that looked down their noses are soccer for years this is farcical. I give up.

Exactly. And why would parents want kids to choose a sport where the example from the top is to stand for nothing but winning at all costs? Not a shred of integrity left.

Only snobs play rugby and that's a fact . if you don't go to private school in Dublin you'll never see a rugby ball
I take it you are just messing. :D
There are kids from Patrician College in Finglas South who play with Ashbourne underage teams. There is or was until lately, kids from the Blanch/Coolmine area play with the Coolmine club and the community college there fielded team,s in the Leinster "A" competitions. (Again, it's a few years since I was involved but I don't think the situation has changed or I'd have heard of it)
I haven't been keeping up to speed with the underage scene in Dublin for a number of years  but I've a nephew who played underage with a team in Tallaght  and ASAIK, the team is still going strong and if it pals competitive games there must be others in the same boat.
Look, here in Donnycarney, right in front of Diarmuid Connolly's door, you'll see kids going about wearing Leinster jerseys.
Te wolf is at the door Indy, there is no point ignoring it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 01:13:14 PM

Hope your lads had a good stay in the Johnstown House yesterday? Central Council paying for that too?

I didn't ask about Dermo. I asked about Rory O'Carroll, with his concussion and 10-12 stitches. Who will start ahead of him? Surprised there hasn't been more talked about this during the week, actually.

INDIANA

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 05, 2015, 01:13:35 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 12:33:36 PM
Who cares anymore?

I take it you are just messing. :D
There are kids from Patrician College in Finglas South who play with Ashbourne underage teams.
I haven't been keeping up to speed with the underage scene in Dublin for a number of years  but I've a nephew who played underage with a team in Tallaght  and ASAIK, the team is still going strong and if it pals competitive games there must be others in the same boat.
Look, here in Donnycarney, right in front of Diarmuid Connolly's door, you'll see kids going about wearing Leinster jerseys.
Te wolf is at the door Indy, there is no point ignoring it.

They'll be finished with rugby when they are 18. They have no chance of playing for Leinster and when they see that it'll wear off. When mammy and daddy start seeing all the supplements they'll be told to take and the catastrophic schools rugby injuries that are never reported- they'll pack it in soon enough unless they are Robbie Henshaw. See in our club all the time- a heap of them go to Belvedere and when they are 17 they always come back

INDIANA

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 01:19:00 PM

I didn't ask about Dermo. I asked about Rory O'Carroll, with his concussion and 10-12 stitches. Who will start ahead of him? Surprised there hasn't been more talked about this during the week, actually.

Rory is on his back from Lourdes. He's doing a fitness test with Pope Francis.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 01:21:12 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 05, 2015, 01:19:00 PM

Rory is on his back from Lourdes. He's doing a fitness test with Pope Francis.

Oh thank God, thank God. I'm glad some good has come of all this awful business and that poor man is returned from Death's door. I've been praying for him all week. This is such a relief.