AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

The appeal failed.

My Dublin source told me that Cillian O'Connor chaired the meeting. O'Connor also refused leave to appeal to the DRA saying 'I am busy enough with playing and reffing on Saturday'.

In other news a GaaBoard poster from Dublin has just declared war on most of Ireland. In response, most of Ireland is said to be in stitches.
MWWSI 2017

squire_in_navy_slacks

Indeed, no joy, ah well no one passed on, looking forward to saturday

muppet

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 04, 2015, 01:06:13 AM

Will they go to the DRA?
MWWSI 2017

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: muppet on September 04, 2015, 01:07:43 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 04, 2015, 01:06:13 AM

Will they go to the DRA?

I hope not, let's focus on Saturday now. Similar to keegan last year I'd imagine you would be mentally fatigued come game time.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

imtommygunn

Quote from: muppet on September 04, 2015, 01:01:42 AM
The appeal failed.

My Dublin source told me that Cillian O'Connor chaired the meeting. O'Connor also refused leave to appeal to the DRA saying 'I am busy enough with playing and reffing on Saturday'.

In other news a GaaBoard poster from Dublin has just declared war on most of Ireland. In response, most of Ireland is said to be in stitches.

How many stitches?

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 04, 2015, 08:28:34 AM
Quote from: muppet on September 04, 2015, 01:01:42 AM
The appeal failed.

How many stitches?

Somewhere between 13-17 and it coould be more. He is said to be trying to keep face. Wouldn't you if you had all them stitches, it (face) must he really hanging off?

blast05

highorlow

QuoteThe appeal failed.

1st post i read this morning. Classic
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

macdanger2

Technically the right decision on connolly but I can well understand the Dubs being annoyed at the inconsistency of Keane getting off a few weeks back.

Dublin team to be named tonight I presume?

highorlow

The only way the Dubs can win this match is doing away with their sweeper.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jim / the team decide this.

JoG2

Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 11:32:10 PM
Quote from: rrhf on September 03, 2015, 11:21:42 PM
Have to admit aidan O se will be crucial to mayo success, but surely he is entitled to more protection from the referees.  Dubs got away with blue murder last Sunday.

We've offered him the option of keeping a hair brush behind the goal so between plays he can style his fringe

the gloves are off in Mayo

Hound

Quote from: highorlow on September 04, 2015, 09:17:36 AM
The only way the Dubs can win this match is doing away with their sweeper.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jim / the team decide this.
We won't play a sweeper per se, but if Mayo play a sweeper then we'll have a spare man at the back and we'll leave him there, to effectively sweep! McCaffrey will still be given licence to roam - I noticed on the highlights that for our peno, the closest man to Flynn when he was fouled was Jack.

For Mayo kickouts, last week Andrews and the half forwards dropped back to bolster the midfield and encourage Mayo to go short. Presumably on the basis that in a battle of the skies Parsons and SOS would dominate Fenton and MDMA. Ironically Fenton won the only contested midfield battle between the 4, which was Hennelly's very first kick out I think, but fair to say the kickout favoured Fenton rather than him making a great catch. But Connolly missing weakens our aerial strength further and I would be surprised if Barry Moran doesn't start to further bolster Mayo in that department.

So I think we'll allow Mayo go short again, although presumably Mayo will be pushing up on Dublin kickouts and encouraging Cluxton to go long

If the bookies ran odds on who'd create the most scoring chances, I'd put a good few quid on Mayo. I'm hoping Dublin are in contention with 10 minutes to go, as no doubt the last 10 will be chaos again, but I do fear Mayo forwards will be more clinical from play this week and might have put it beyond us.

highorlow

QuoteSo I think we'll allow Mayo go short again, although presumably Mayo will be pushing up on Dublin kickouts and encouraging Cluxton to go long

Maybe at the start of each half.

I can't understand why ye leave Bastick on the bench. He will start the next day ahead of MDMCA or Fenton?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: blast05 on September 04, 2015, 09:14:17 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 04, 2015, 05:11:42 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 03, 2015, 08:07:42 PM
Watch the slow motion video.

http://soberpaddy.com/should-dermot-connolly-have-been-sent-off/
Sober paddy would want to go back on the beer

"Power down" .... a new entry into the Oxford thesaurus for a punch !!
It's already in the North Korean version.
The only mention of 'strike' being in reference to Cillian O'Connor's vicious attack on Connolly.