AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Nihilist on September 02, 2015, 11:47:48 PM
Dunno is Connolly missing that big of a deal. He scored what 1-2 but only one point from open play. Alan Brogan is the obvious replacement and Bernard plays better with him in the team. Also is a faster player than Connolly. Connolly maybe a little more power and stronger allright but sure look where that got him.

If he's fit - he took an awful hit at the end of the game

muppet

Dunno is Connolly missing that big of a deal. He scored what 1-2 but only one point from open play. Alan Brogan is the obvious replacement and Bernard plays better with him in the team. Also is a faster player than Connolly. Connolly maybe a little more power and stronger allright but sure look where that got him.

With apologies to the other Dub posters........

Connolly goes missing against Mayo every time. Watch next Saturday and I bet any money you'll only see him if there is a fight. Fact!  :D
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Alan Brogan looked like he was concussed after Hennelly had a rush of blood to his head and rushed that last kick out. Flynn caught Brogan and he was clearly out of it. Concussions are tricky. He ll want to play I m sure and management will want him to play. But concussions can creep up on ye in effects for some time after the initial trauma. Hope he's okay. Quality player.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on September 03, 2015, 12:01:16 AM

Alan Brogan looked like he was concussed after Hennelly had a rush of blood to his head and rushed that last kick out. Flynn caught Brogan and he was clearly out of it. Concussions are tricky. He ll want to play I m sure and management will want him to play. But concussions can creep up on ye in effects for some time after the initial trauma. Hope he's okay. Quality player.

Jees Moy you have it in for Hennelly. I am happy that we have two top keepers. Look at the Dubs, what would they do if Cluxton couldn't play?
MWWSI 2017

Captain Obvious

If Connolly wasn't sent off he probably would have taken and scored that last free to win the game for Dublin last Sunday. Keegan and O Connor played a part in getting Connolly sent off however an experienced player like him should have known better not to react the way he did.

moysider

Quote from: muppet on September 03, 2015, 12:05:05 AM

Jees Moy you have it in for Hennelly. I am happy that we have two top keepers. Look at the Dubs, what would they do if Cluxton couldn't play?

I don t have it in for Hennelly. Great shot stopper but sometimes he can be a bit rash. Loads of other Mayo's were dismayed by that last kick-out e.g. Still young for a Keeper but showing no signs of maturing in his decision making. High ball still a bit of concern.

Of course he's a fine keeper. At the level we re competing at everybody has to be one of the top players in their position/role.

Ohtoohtobe

Any other neutrals just starting to dislike all the top teams?

I'd kind of come to expect all-out cheating and cynicism from the likes of Kerry and Donegal but Dublin, who in 2013-14 at least seemed to be trying to have some principles, now turn out to be as bad if not worse than any of them. Mayo don't exactly have the moral high ground any more either after the Keane appeal and while it's hard to say for sure what COC's intent was, it's safe to say he doesn't regret splitting O'Carroll open and potentially ending his season.

I hate that if you point out that diving, trying to get off red cards on technicalities, trying to hurt/injure players on the ground is cheating, you're immediately told that you're horribly naive and the game at that level is about winning at all costs. Main thing is to have the AI medals in your pocket and any means justifies that end.

Problem with that logic is that if you take it to its conclusion, bribing a ref would be acceptable.

I'd just love to see a county in contention for the AI that stands for something beyond parochialism and winning at all costs. How good would it be to have a team that stands for something, like Barcelona in soccer.

Dublin seemed to have pretensions to be that county but what a joke that's turned out to be.

maigheo

Moysider, i do not understand why you are going on about the last kick out.Mayo won possession from it and were driving up the field but Andy Moran lost the ball and the game ended soon after

INDIANA

There was no concussion . Alan is fine and raring to go.

ballinaman

Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 08:00:57 AM

No diagnostic test for concussion currently so can't say he did or did not suffer one.

INDIANA

Quote from: ballinaman on September 03, 2015, 08:07:37 AM

No diagnostic test for concussion currently so can't say he did or did not suffer one.

I will pass on your concerns to the qualified medical professionals. Where did you study concussion protocols might I ask - just in case they ask ?

Do you want to send him a card or flowers as well?

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: maigheo on September 03, 2015, 03:13:34 AM
Moysider, i do not understand why you are going on about the last kick out.Mayo won possession from it and were driving up the field but Andy Moran lost the ball and the game ended soon after
I'm with Moysider on this one, Just because mayo won the kickout doesn't make it a good one. It was a hospital pass. He did something similar to Kevin Mc, where there was 20 yards open space in front of him and he gave a high ball, Kev got a very, very soft free for a push in the back. Doesn't make it a good kick out because we came away with the ball. We're at the top level here, one or two mistakes are ok but it's more than that with Hennelly and I really hope we have Clarke back the next day
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

JoG2

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on September 03, 2015, 02:56:47 AM
Any other neutrals just starting to dislike all the top teams?

I'd kind of come to expect all-out cheating and cynicism from the likes of Kerry and Donegal but Dublin, who in 2013-14 at least seemed to be trying to have some principles, now turn out to be as bad if not worse than any of them. Mayo don't exactly have the moral high ground any more either after the Keane appeal and while it's hard to say for sure what COC's intent was, it's safe to say he doesn't regret splitting O'Carroll open and potentially ending his season.

I hate that if you point out that diving, trying to get off red cards on technicalities, trying to hurt/injure players on the ground is cheating, you're immediately told that you're horribly naive and the game at that level is about winning at all costs. Main thing is to have the AI medals in your pocket and any means justifies that end.

Problem with that logic is that if you take it to its conclusion, bribing a ref would be acceptable.

I'd just love to see a county in contention for the AI that stands for something beyond parochialism and winning at all costs. How good would it be to have a team that stands for something, like Barcelona in soccer.

Dublin seemed to have pretensions to be that county but what a joke that's turned out to be.

no, still Dublin and Tyrone.

annapr

Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 08:35:33 AM

I will pass on your concerns to the qualified medical professionals. Where did you study concussion protocols might I ask - just in case they ask ?

Feckin hell horse but you have lost the plot altogether having a go at anyone with any sort of opinion.
You need to chill big time.
Anyway is ballinaman not a qualified Physiotherapist? From reading the running thread I'm pretty sure he is.
I reckon he knows what he's talking about so, wouldn't you??

Tubberman

Quote from: annapr on September 03, 2015, 09:12:34 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 08:35:33 AM

Feckin hell horse but you have lost the plot altogether having a go at anyone with any sort of opinion.
You need to chill big time.
Anyway is ballinaman not a qualified Physiotherapist? From reading the running thread I'm pretty sure he is.
I reckon he knows what he's talking about so, wouldn't you??

You don't understand how much Indiana knows - nobody can.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."