AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2015, 10:47:28 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 10:42:40 PM
Appeal unsuccessful. It won't be a proper victory for Mayo now. Corruption in the GAA.

It's going to the CAC. It's not over yet

You really have some great informants
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Not sure this makes much difference. Talented and all as he is I don t think he has been great against us. Would have preferred if he got of. Resentment is a powerful motivation and if some of the stuff on here is anything to go by then the team will have it in spades. Maybe.

The Mayo team named can t start because Vaughan is deffo out. I d be surprised if Drake plays the same role but could start as a replacement for Vaughan. I thought Patrick Durkan was at home at this level the last day but I would hold him as impact. When the game gets stretched he could be sprung to drive on with his running ability. As I said before Kevin Mac would be better in the Drake role. I think we can assume that Regan and Dillon are not in the frame so I would go with Freeman inside with Aido and play O Connor deeper.

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 02, 2015, 11:05:56 PM
Connelly gone, OConnor and Keegan you pair of douches

I know things here seem to have went mental since Sunday I can't see how you can find Connolly blameless after what he did and with his track-record. He's never been an angel. Deservedly banned, the only question is that more of these bans should be sticking rather than players getting off on loopholes and technicalities.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 11:20:43 PM

I know things here seem to have went mental since Sunday I can't see how you can find Connolly blameless after what he did and with his track-record. He's never been an angel. Deservedly banned, the only question is that more of these bans should be sticking rather than players getting off on loopholes and technicalities.

What's his track record got to do with Last Sunday. Nothing is the answer

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2015, 11:22:28 PM

If you don't think track-record plays into these things I dunno what to say. Frankie Dolan got a 48-week ban two years ago for a confrontation with Marty Duffy. If it was anyone else they'd have got a far shorter ban. Connolly had to be whiter than white or the organisation was going to come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Tubberman

Quote from: moysider on September 02, 2015, 11:20:25 PM
Not sure this makes much difference. Talented and all as he is I don t think he has been great against us. Would have preferred if he got of. Resentment is a powerful motivation and if some of the stuff on here is anything to go by then the team will have it in spades. Maybe.

The Mayo team named can t start because Vaughan is deffo out. I d be surprised if Drake plays the same role but could start as a replacement for Vaughan. I thought Patrick Durkan was at home at this level the last day but I would hold him as impact. When the game gets stretched he could be sprung to drive on with his running ability. As I said before Kevin Mac would be better in the Drake role. I think we can assume that Regan and Dillon are not in the frame so I would go with Freeman inside with Aido and play O Connor deeper.

If Vaughan is named in 26, but can't play then we're down a sub. Can't replace a player named in 26 unless it's a goalie I think? Seems a bit daft to limit ourselves like that for no gain.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 11:26:15 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2015, 11:22:28 PM

If you don't think track-record plays into these things I dunno what to say. Frankie Dolan got a 48-week ban two years ago for a confrontation with Marty Duffy. If it was anyone else they'd have got a far shorter ban. Connolly had to be whiter than white or the organisation was going to come down on him like a ton of bricks.

He was sent off because of who he was. Nothing more . If that's another Dublin player it's a yellow. That's your refereeing standards- a joke

ballinaman

Quote from: Tubberman on September 02, 2015, 11:27:02 PM

If Vaughan is named in 26, but can't play then we're down a sub. Can't replace a player named in 26 unless it's a goalie I think? Seems a bit daft to limit ourselves like that for no gain.
Good point.

moysider

That ll be team for the programme. The list produced by county secretary for match officials is what matters.

Tubberman

Quote from: moysider on September 02, 2015, 11:34:08 PM

That ll be team for the programme. The list produced by county secretary for match officials is what matters.

Ah right, so 26 names given to croke park aren't actually published in advance?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

squire_in_navy_slacks

Vaughan is out .............. Eddie Kinsella listed to start at 7 for Mayo  ;)

moysider

Quote from: Tubberman on September 02, 2015, 11:36:05 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 02, 2015, 11:34:08 PM

Ah right, so 26 names given to croke park aren't actually published in advance?

Afaik no. You often find changes to starting 15 and subs before a game.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2015, 11:15:54 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 11:01:26 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2015, 10:53:35 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 10:42:40 PM
Appeal unsuccessful. It won't be a proper victory for Mayo now. Corruption in the GAA

Looks like it alright.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-confirm-diarmuid-connollys-match-ban-31498247.html

As for not a proper victory! Well we know all about a proper victory against us in Limerick last year. As I said before the victors get to write history. No one will remember DC was not playing if we win.

Only messing with you man, of course it will, just disappointed that both teams won't be at full strength, it will be tough to beat Kerry for you lot now. We will have to rebuild next year and might not be back at this stage for a few years.

On the flip side if ye win nobody will know Dc did not play either as nobody remembers semi finals.

Not for me, I can remember the Donegal semi 2011 as you know, and the semi v Kerry 2013, great game ever played. Think Mayo hold all the aces now and will by 4-6 points

Nihilist

Dunno is Connolly missing that big of a deal. He scored what 1-2 but only one point from open play. Alan Brogan is the obvious replacement and Bernard plays better with him in the team. Also is a faster player than Connolly. Connolly maybe a little more power and stronger allright but sure look where that got him.