AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Aidan is a bit like Donaghy in that he'll win 90% of ball lobbed in on top of him. Kerry usually have someone running off his shoulder though. If Mayo can get a bit of support around the big man they would make hay.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

macdanger2

Quote from: Declan on September 01, 2015, 06:52:01 PM
Serious concerns over Rory's participation I'm hearing. Vomiting in dressing room afterwards so if its a concussion as well as the stitches it's not looking good considering that  he's said that after what happened in 2013 he'd stop playing if he got another one

Not nice to hear that, hope he's ok

tonto1888

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 01, 2015, 04:33:27 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 01, 2015, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 01, 2015, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2015, 02:09:36 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2015, 01:48:35 PM
Will O'Carroll be back for this match??

How would he be? FFS COC took the head off the poor b**tard with a forearm smash Conor McGregor would have been proud of.

I'd assume so, glass man must surely be able to recover in a week

Did you see the thump that O'Carroll got? It was shown on the Sunday Game. Cillian O'Connor swung his arm back with force as was clear from the way O'Carroll's head went back. Without a doubt that was a red card offence. And no amount of soft-soaping will make it otherwise.

As for Keegan and Connolly the video clip shown on the Sunday Game clearly shows that the first assault was made by Keegan when he to checked Connolly's run. That started a scuffle during which Keegan head locked Connolly and they both fell to the ground. While on the ground Keegan continued to hold Connolly in the headlock.

You do know the difference between a thump and a flailing arm?
There must be an alternate video doing the rounds for these incidents because the ones I've seen have ROC grabbing COC who gestured to the umpire/linesman and accidentally catches ROC.

The other has keegan and DC grappling each other to the ground after Keegan checked DC with a push, after which DC throws a clear punch, which COC roars at the linesman about.

That's the video is seen as well  ???

up until the point Connolly threw the punch its should have been a yellow card each, with both of them equally at it.
Connolly's is a nailed on red card, I don't know how anyone can argue different

IMO Keegan should have seen black but Connolly red was the right call, can't see how it could be overturned

I agree with this. I was supporting Dublin and am a big fan of DC but I can't see where an overturning of the red card comes from

mrhardyannual

As a Mayoman I'd much prefer Connolly playing. Last year Keegan was redeemed at the last minute for the replay but made no impact in the match. It's difficult to prepare for a game if your mind is on an appeal up to late on Thurs.

Will Dublin start Rock? Or Alan Brogan (who looked dazed at the end of the game). Bastick looks to be in better form than McCauley though neither might last a game. All the talk has been of Dublin's reserve strength but this is mainly in the forward line and many players have looked well coming into games when weak opposition was already flagging. Personally, in the absence of Connolly, I would start McManamon and Brogan - leaving Rock out. But where would they find an impact sub.Was Costello even togged last Sunday.

As for Mayo. In the absence of Vaughan, Durkan must surely start...or is Cunniffe ready for action. If Cunniffe plays would we replace Drake with Durkan. Drakev did little wrong but made no impact. Do we hold big Barry and Andy again for when legs begin to tire. Definitely feel that we played our best football when we had three inside forwards.

Like last year...a completely new game. Kinsella will be card happy at the start and discipline will be fierce important again. I don't expect a huge change of tactics from either side. The team that can adapt on the day will win.

Best of luck to our lads. They owe us nothing but they owe themselves another tilt at Sam. Despite all the nonsense in the last thread the crack and banter at a Dublin game beats almost anything (hammering Galway is still hugely enjoyable!). Dubs have a fine team. Best of luck to both and here's hoping that there are no serious injuries.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on September 01, 2015, 07:53:07 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 07:26:25 PM
Quote from: Declan on September 01, 2015, 06:52:01 PM
Serious concerns over Rory's participation I'm hearing. Vomiting in dressing room afterwards so if its a concussion as well as the stitches it's not looking good considering that  he's said that after what happened in 2013 he'd stop playing if he got another one

Absolutely disgraceful that a guy gets seriously injured. caught on camera and the GAA do nothing.

If there is any justice Connolly will get off

If there's any justice he won't get off.

Best of luck with Cake and the muppet

galwayman

I can't see how Dermo won't get off unless they upgrade Keegan to a red card which would be a fair outcome .
On what basis can you not see how Connolly won't get off? Leaving aside what Keegan did or didn't do to provoke it (and yes he clearly targeted DC for the majority of the game) -> it was a clear punch/strike, no? I really don't see how that can be overturned.

In saying that from a neutral perspective it's a shame as would like to see both teams at full strength going at it again.
If O Carroll is out as well they are 2 major losses for Dublin.

Farrandeelin

Will Gavin start Bastick around the middle? I reckon Dublin would have won it if he hadn't got the black card.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2015, 09:51:14 PM
Will Gavin start Bastick around the middle? I reckon Dublin would have won it if he hadn't got the black card.
I agree with that. Dublin collapsed around the middle when he was carded. Had no physicality in that area then. I thought Fenton had a bad game myself. He wasted a lot of ball.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: galwayman on September 01, 2015, 09:42:15 PM
I can't see how Dermo won't get off unless they upgrade Keegan to a red card which would be a fair outcome .
On what basis can you not see how Connolly won't get off? Leaving aside what Keegan did or didn't do to provoke it (and yes he clearly targeted DC for the majority of the game) -> it was a clear punch/strike, no? I really don't see how that can be overturned.

In saying that from a neutral perspective it's a shame as would like to see both teams at full strength going at it again.

On the basis of he punched him
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

galwayman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 01, 2015, 10:01:04 PM

Yes. Exactly my point. I'm asking him why he cannot see Connolly not getting off even though it was a clear punch.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 01, 2015, 05:43:04 PM
The scramble for tickets at Croke park yesterday for the Dublin v Mayo match got me thinking how can we get genuine GAA fans into a social network where they can sell, buy and swap tickets safely without paying over the odds prices to touts. I know we already have toutless.com but anyone can join this group and then if you have a ticket to sell or swap you can advertise it here and then use private message with other members looking for tickets to say where you are and how much you want for the ticket. A lot of people at every match end up going into the stadium with spare tickets in their pocket that they couldn't get rid of. When selling tickets you have to make a judgement call of course is this person going to the game themselves or going to sell the ticket on for profit.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAATicketExchange/?fref=ts
Great idea, should be that tickets can only be sold or bought for at cost
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Hound

Hadn't come across Drake before Sunday. Would he generally be regarded as a forward, midfielder or defender?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2015, 09:51:14 PM

I'd have imagined so.

Pat and Noel getting off lightly in my book, they must be delighted the Dubs have taken all the attention.

ballinaman

Quote from: Hound on September 01, 2015, 10:12:28 PM
Hadn't come across Drake before Sunday. Would he generally be regarded as a forward, midfielder or defender?
Wing back under Horan in the league. Saw him playing midfield for Ballaghadereen in the club championship earlier in the summer. Wasn't in the 26 for the Donegal game. Didn't see that decision to start him coming.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 01, 2015, 10:01:04 PM

Should O'Connor have got a red card for his deliberate strike on O'Carroll?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8