AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

whitey

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 01, 2015, 05:13:22 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 01, 2015, 04:33:49 PM
The big man is back for the game on Saturday after completing his 1-year ban

Seen him at the Donegal game. He's been to most Mayo games this year. So much for the ban. Impossible to police.

LOL-I saw him in Castlebar when I was back a few months ago and asked someone if he had been seen....and yes he's been seen at several Mayo matches....Maybe Connolly can use that in his appeal

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2015, 04:53:18 PM
Missed last year's semi final replay. Mayo lost. Missing this year's semi finalreplay :'(

Was at last year's semi final replay. Mayo lost. Wont miss this year's semi final replay (and it will make shag all difference to the result).
We are only observers, what we do, what we think, what we hope for, make no difference to the result. Maybe if a couple of thousand of us did not turn up the Mayo team would feel more intimidated by the opposition fans, but otherwise we have no influence on a stand alone basis.

Fuzzman

The scramble for tickets at Croke park yesterday for the Dublin v Mayo match got me thinking how can we get genuine GAA fans into a social network where they can sell, buy and swap tickets safely without paying over the odds prices to touts. I know we already have toutless.com but anyone can join this group and then if you have a ticket to sell or swap you can advertise it here and then use private message with other members looking for tickets to say where you are and how much you want for the ticket. A lot of people at every match end up going into the stadium with spare tickets in their pocket that they couldn't get rid of. When selling tickets you have to make a judgement call of course is this person going to the game themselves or going to sell the ticket on for profit.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAATicketExchange/?fref=ts

INDIANA

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 01, 2015, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2015, 02:09:36 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2015, 01:48:35 PM
Will O'Carroll be back for this match??

How would he be? FFS COC took the head off the poor b**tard with a forearm smash Conor McGregor would have been proud of.

I'd assume so, glass man must surely be able to recover in a week

Did you see the thump that O'Carroll got? It was shown on the Sunday Game. Cillian O'Connor swung his arm back with force as was clear from the way O'Carroll's head went back. Without a doubt that was a red card offence. And no amount of soft-soaping will make it otherwise.

As for Keegan and Connolly the video clip shown on the Sunday Game clearly shows that the first assault was made by Keegan when he to checked Connolly's run. That started a scuffle during which Keegan head locked Connolly and they both fell to the ground. While on the ground Keegan continued to hold Connolly in the headlock.

You do know the difference between a thump and a flailing arm?
There must be an alternate video doing the rounds for these incidents because the ones I've seen have ROC grabbing COC who gestured to the umpire/linesman and accidentally catches ROC.

The other has keegan and DC grappling each other to the ground after Keegan checked DC with a push, after which DC throws a clear punch, which COC roars at the linesman about.

Keegan punches him first . When you slow it down you see it. I can't see how Dermo won't get off unless they upgrade Keegan to a red card which would be a fair outcome .

Wildweasel74

Jesus the dub supporters do more crying than the Tyrone men

Declan

Serious concerns over Rory's participation I'm hearing. Vomiting in dressing room afterwards so if its a concussion as well as the stitches it's not looking good considering that  he's said that after what happened in 2013 he'd stop playing if he got another one 

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Declan on September 01, 2015, 06:52:01 PM
Serious concerns over Rory's participation I'm hearing. Vomiting in dressing room afterwards so if its a concussion as well as the stitches it's not looking good considering that  he's said that after what happened in 2013 he'd stop playing if he got another one

No chance he plays, a big loss but I'd like to see a big man such as Bastick put on Aidan, I think basically Mayo will try the same tactic again of hold their energy reserves and lob the ball into him and hope he draws the free on the smaller men, I'd have a ball winner in on him to challenge this

Fenton and Cian to midfield and keep McCauley until later in the game

Connolly and OCarroll are huge losses

easytiger95

I'm not a huge fan of Philly, but he held him scoreless, so I'd say he'll go on him again - I'd say though both of them will be watched like hawks.

INDIANA

Absolutely disgraceful that a guy gets seriously injured. caught on camera and the GAA do nothing.

If there is any justice Connolly will get off

Mayo Border

The O'Carroll incident had nothing to do with the Connolly incident.

easytiger95

That's serious moral equivalence there Indiana - having seen the Connolly Keegan incident I'd say the fairest result was both of them getting a red. Whatever happened to Rory (and for the record, I do think COC has a case to answer) I don't think anyone wants a disciplinary system where two separate incidents have any effect on the judgement of each. That's just an eye for an eye, the system is messed up enough as it is.

INDIANA

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 01, 2015, 07:34:31 PM
That's serious moral equivalence there Indiana - having seen the Connolly Keegan incident I'd say the fairest result was both of them getting a red. Whatever happened to Rory (and for the record, I do think COC has a case to answer) I don't think anyone wants a disciplinary system where two separate incidents have any effect on the judgement of each. That's just an eye for an eye, the system is messed up enough as it is.

I can't understand how Keegan didn't get a red. He clearly strikes when you slow it down.

He should be upgraded in my view

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on September 01, 2015, 07:26:25 PM

Absolutely disgraceful that a guy gets seriously injured. caught on camera and the GAA do nothing.

If there is any justice Connolly will get off

If there's any justice he won't get off.

easytiger95

Anyone looking for justice should not be playing sport.