AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 01, 2015, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2015, 02:09:36 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 01, 2015, 01:48:35 PM
Will O'Carroll be back for this match??

How would he be? FFS COC took the head off the poor b**tard with a forearm smash Conor McGregor would have been proud of.

I'd assume so, glass man must surely be able to recover in a week

Did you see the thump that O'Carroll got? It was shown on the Sunday Game. Cillian O'Connor swung his arm back with force as was clear from the way O'Carroll's head went back. Without a doubt that was a red card offence. And no amount of soft-soaping will make it otherwise.

As for Keegan and Connolly the video clip shown on the Sunday Game clearly shows that the first assault was made by Keegan when he to checked Connolly's run. That started a scuffle during which Keegan head locked Connolly and they both fell to the ground. While on the ground Keegan continued to hold Connolly in the headlock.

Then what happened?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mayo4Sam

How would he be? FFS COC took the head off the poor b**tard with a forearm smash Conor McGregor would have been proud of.

Did you see the thump that O'Carroll got? It was shown on the Sunday Game. Cillian O'Connor swung his arm back with force as was clear from the way O'Carroll's head went back. Without a doubt that was a red card offence. And no amount of soft-soaping will make it otherwise.

As for Keegan and Connolly the video clip shown on the Sunday Game clearly shows that the first assault was made by Keegan when he to checked Connolly's run. That started a scuffle during which Keegan head locked Connolly and they both fell to the ground. While on the ground Keegan continued to hold Connolly in the headlock.

You do know the difference between a thump and a flailing arm?
There must be an alternate video doing the rounds for these incidents because the ones I've seen have ROC grabbing COC who gestured to the umpire/linesman and accidentally catches ROC.

The other has keegan and DC grappling each other to the ground after Keegan checked DC with a push, after which DC throws a clear punch, which COC roars at the linesman about.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 01, 2015, 04:11:43 PM

There must be an alternate video doing the rounds for these incidents because the ones I've seen have ROC grabbing COC who gestured to the umpire/linesman and accidentally catches ROC.

The other has keegan and DC grappling each other to the ground after Keegan checked DC with a push, after which DC throws a clear punch, which COC roars at the linesman about.

That's the video is seen as well  ???

up until the point Connolly threw the punch its should have been a yellow card each, with both of them equally at it.
Connolly's is a nailed on red card, I don't know how anyone can argue different
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 01, 2015, 04:16:48 PM

up until the point Connolly threw the punch its should have been a yellow card each, with both of them equally at it.

IMO Keegan should have seen black but Connolly red was the right call, can't see how it could be overturned
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Gabriel_Hurl

The big man is back for the game on Saturday after completing his 1-year ban

westbound

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 01, 2015, 04:33:27 PM

IMO Keegan should have seen black but Connolly red was the right call, can't see how it could be overturned
Agree with this. But I said the same about Kevin Keane's red!  :-\

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: westbound on September 01, 2015, 04:34:49 PM

I think he got off on a technicality

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 01, 2015, 04:37:49 PM

From a report I read, his red was downgraded to a yellow which would rule out a technicality?

Mayo4Sam14

Listen, nobody is facing retrospective action so let that be the end to them debates! So please leave that discussion behind. Keegan started at Connolly but it wasn't a red card offense (black card IMO) and Connolly lost his head and clearly punched him can't see how he'll get off but they're appealing it anyway so you never know. Terrible game in all honesty lots of cynical shite and stuff off the ball, impossible game to ref but MqCuillan didn't do a good job at all. Hopefully the replay will be a better (cleaner) game, but can we end the debates about who should and shouldn't have been sent off because noone is facing retrospective action so that's that.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 01, 2015, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 01, 2015, 04:37:49 PM

From a report I read, his red was downgraded to a yellow which would rule out a technicality?

Oh I thought he got off because the ref described what he did to get sent off incorrectly? Maybe not

laoislad

Ah jaysis lads will ye learn how to use the quote function...!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Missed last year's semi final replay. Mayo lost. Missing this year's semi finalreplay :'(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 01, 2015, 04:33:49 PM

I hope I'm not sitting beside that beast on Saturday ............

1 change for Mayo on Saturday ? Tough guy Vaughan ?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 01, 2015, 04:33:49 PM

Seen him at the Donegal game. He's been to most Mayo games this year. So much for the ban. Impossible to police.

vallankumous

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2015, 04:53:18 PM
Missed last year's semi final replay. Mayo lost. Missing this year's semi finalreplay :'(

Did you pick up an injury?