AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2015, 10:50:45 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 06, 2015, 09:48:41 AM
Why was Kevin McLoughlin left on until the last minute? Can't understand any of the substitutions made
Good question.Very poor forward when they needed to score.
I thought the exact same myself. Had a nightmare yesterday. Cinstantly gave balls away.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: ballinaman on September 06, 2015, 11:24:00 AM
I think we really take a look at ourselves now. Coaching structures are a mess in Mayo. No continuity at all. Need to get players into coaching instead of the media. Keep making the same mistakes year in year out. County board are much more on the ball than they were but still massive worked needed.
The core of that Mayo team is based on some u21 all Ireland. 06? And those players will have to be replaced eventually. Galway might step up to the plate...
But what a rollercoaster of emotion for Mayo over the 5 years since Longford.

ballinaman

Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2015, 11:43:30 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 06, 2015, 11:24:00 AM
I think we really take a look at ourselves now. Coaching structures are a mess in Mayo. No continuity at all. Need to get players into coaching instead of the media. Keep making the same mistakes year in year out. County board are much more on the ball than they were but still massive worked needed.
The core of that Mayo team is based on some u21 all Ireland. 06? And those players will have to be replaced eventually. Galway might step up to the plate...
But what a rollercoaster of emotion for Mayo over the 5 years since Longford.
Higgins looked like he emptied the tank yesterday. He stayed on the pitch by himself for ages after whistle.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2015, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2015, 09:28:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2015, 12:07:35 AM
Quote from: Canalman on September 05, 2015, 11:55:06 PM
Commisserations to all Mayo posters on here. Can only imagine how hard it was to have the elation of last week's finish turned about face today.

Without benefit of watching game again I thought Brian Fenton was excellent. MDMA turned game on its head in the second half imo.

Mayo will rue that chance dropped into Cluxton's hands when I think 4 up.

Also I have to praise Cluxton on his strength of character today. Excellent today imo.

Why did Cluxton hold his face though after the O'Connor challenge?

He got slapped in the face. Don't think there was any play acting going on.

Didn't see any contact on his face in fairness, hate play acting.

There was - and with mcmahon later. Had no bearing on anything but o'connor flails his hands about a lot when tackling and would need to watch it.

What age is higgins? Really is a half back. Hope we haven't seen the last of him?

gallsman

I've no particular love for Mayo and don't buy into the "they deserve one" myth as they've had so many chances but I'd love to see Higgins win one. Great footballer and great athlete. Serious hurler too.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2015, 11:58:48 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2015, 10:00:05 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 06, 2015, 09:28:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2015, 12:07:35 AM
Quote from: Canalman on September 05, 2015, 11:55:06 PM
Commisserations to all Mayo posters on here. Can only imagine how hard it was to have the elation of last week's finish turned about face today.

Without benefit of watching game again I thought Brian Fenton was excellent. MDMA turned game on its head in the second half imo.

Mayo will rue that chance dropped into Cluxton's hands when I think 4 up.

Also I have to praise Cluxton on his strength of character today. Excellent today imo.

Why did Cluxton hold his face though after the O'Connor challenge?

He got slapped in the face. Don't think there was any play acting going on.

Didn't see any contact on his face in fairness, hate play acting.

There was - and with mcmahon later. Had no bearing on anything but o'connor flails his hands about a lot when tackling and would need to watch it.

What age is higgins? Really is a half back. Hope we haven't seen the last of him?

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2015, 11:25:08 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2015, 10:50:45 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 06, 2015, 09:48:41 AM
Why was Kevin McLoughlin left on until the last minute? Can't understand any of the substitutions made
Good question.Very poor forward when they needed to score.
I thought the exact same myself. Had a nightmare yesterday. Cinstantly gave balls away.

He ended up just, quite literally, getting in the way

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 06, 2015, 10:44:27 AM
Quote from: straightred on September 05, 2015, 07:56:17 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 05, 2015, 07:21:01 PM
Cillian O'CONNOR found out today. Can kick frees from anywhere, but in open  play not a real top class forward. Mayo forwards in the 2nd half were as rubbish as they were the 1st day. Only difference no ref to give them easy frees. Once dubs stopped fouling Mayo forwards shown up for the poor finishers they are. Dubs subs made a huge difference. McManamon with another moment of magic. Mayo didn't have a forward who could do the same.

that's really harsh. If you ever played the game or done a bit of coaching you'd know he's one of the top forwards in the country. If he got found out then what have to say about dean rock who had a far stronger supporting cast around him but for the 2nd week in a row went missing. O Connor is a bit like Conor Mcmanus - he carries a far bigger workload than he should have to.

O'Connor is nothing like McManus, that's an insult to McManus who is targeted and has plans to the nth degree from opposition managers to stop him playing. Monaghan rarely win when McManus is kept quiet. Mayo have regularly won before when O'Connor has offered nothing from open play. I don't think you'll ever see that much of a plan from opposition managers to stop O'Connor, he's just not much of a threat from open play, a good finisher yes but not a guy whose going to cause problems if his team are struggling.

I think you look at what O'Connor did yesterday and you see a good point in the first half, he scored a goal where it should have been disallowed as he fouled the ball when one-on-one with the keeper and very little else from open play.

I thought he was fouled by the keeper tbu but I haven't seen a replay of it

Mayo4Sam14

MCGARTHY

Mayo are a bunch of spoofers, they haven't got the skill set that the Dubs or Kerry possess-so accept it Mayo fans -You are shite, and deserve every curse that comes your way.

beer baron

Quote from: MCGARTHY on September 06, 2015, 12:33:16 PM
Mayo are a bunch of spoofers, they haven't got the skill set that the Dubs or Kerry possess-so accept it Mayo fans -You are shite, and deserve every curse that comes your way.

You're not here on the wind up anyway   ;D ;D ;D

squire_in_navy_slacks

Harsh, you need a bit of luck in this game, ala Donegal kick out to donaghy last year.

Keegan and Aidan OSe would start in any county team in the land

Every county has spoofers, band wagoners and gombeens

general_lee

Quote from: dferg on September 06, 2015, 10:33:39 AM
The Mayo goalkeeper made a mistake tying his laces before the first goal. It all seemed rushed then he hit the kickout with 1 glove under his arm which meant he was off balance and didn't kick the ball as far as he would have wanted. He should have either waited till the ball was at the other end of the pitch and tied his laces or took his time and got both gloves on.
Turning point for me. I was near shouting through the TV for him to fuckin calm himself. Crowd got to him and he rushed it. Criminal. Could you imagine Cluxton rushing a kick after tying his boot and putting his glove back on? Probably sums up the mentality of this Mayo team unfortunately, to be four points up and be panicking rather than dictating the game at a point you'd expect them to take control is a mark of a mentally poor team in my view. It's a real shame, some really brilliant players in the side. Fair play to Dublin, never panicked, showed their class, absolutely ruthless in their comeback. I really fancy them to take Kerry.

maigheo

Would you ever feck on back to Resevoir Dubs and stop annoying us.It is bad enough having Syferus around here trying to inject Roscommon in to every discussion-we do not need another fool around here.

INDIANA

Haven't seen Keith Higgins take a roasting like he got in the first half yesterday.

I think Mayo need to move him to 6.

Great player- really deserves one all ireland at least