Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 02, 2015, 04:36:26 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2015, 03:48:44 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 02, 2015, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 02, 2015, 02:58:47 PM
I struggle to understand the 'new game' argument TBH.
I am surprised there are so many people take this view.

It's completely ridiculous and ludicrous. A player could be sent off after 59 minutes and his team plays for one minute with 14 men. The other team gets a player sent off one minute into extra time for the same offence and his team has to play for 19 minutes with 14 men. The 2 players are sent off 2 minutes apart or less, for the same offence and yet one team gets much more of a disadvantage than the other. Something similar to that happened in Sunday's final. Cross had a player sent off very near the end and had a very short time with 14. Hughes gets sent off a few minutes later albeit in extra time and his team gets much longer with 14 players. The whole new game thing has to be looked at again.

I'll tell you what you all do,  go to your county reps in your clubs and ask them to raise this point for debate and amendment.  It is what it is and sometimes you benefit and sometimes you don't.
100% everyone knows the rules when they start no use in bitching afterwards.

ye needy stop taking this personally. Its not in any shape or form a dig at any team, but the RULE !

AZOffaly

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 02, 2015, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 02, 2015, 03:51:57 PM
I'm confused as to why this is getting such an airing. The biggest problem I had was that red and yellow cards were treated differently in extra time (you could replace the red card, but yellow cards accrued counted into extra time). The fact that that is no longer the case makes me happy enough.
No they didn't rule changed in April

That's what I said?

nrico2006

If it is a new game then how come the red carded player is allowed to play in extra time?  Surely he should now be suspended going by some of the logic on here.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

armaghniac

The red carded player is not allowed to play in extra time, surely.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Right to settle this i demand a replay and no-one is allowed to be booked or sent off...hammer and thongs
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AZOffaly

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 03, 2015, 08:17:15 AM
If it is a new game then how come the red carded player is allowed to play in extra time?  Surely he should now be suspended going by some of the logic on here.

He's not. The team are allowed replace red carded players to bring themselves up to 15, but the player himself can't play.

Applesisapples

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 02, 2015, 06:10:30 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 02, 2015, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 02, 2015, 03:51:57 PM
I'm confused as to why this is getting such an airing. The biggest problem I had was that red and yellow cards were treated differently in extra time (you could replace the red card, but yellow cards accrued counted into extra time). The fact that that is no longer the case makes me happy enough.
No they didn't rule changed in April

That's what I said?
oops sorry wasn't wearing my specs

Applesisapples

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 03, 2015, 09:13:50 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 03, 2015, 08:17:15 AM

He's not. The team are allowed replace red carded players to bring themselves up to 15, but the player himself can't play.
They can replace as many players as they want from the match day panel.

AZOffaly

Yeah, they can basically set out a new starting 15, but the question is about the lad who got the red card in normal time. He can't play.

Applesisapples

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 03, 2015, 10:31:45 AM
Yeah, they can basically set out a new starting 15, but the question is about the lad who got the red card in normal time. He can't play.
No he is automatically on so can't take part

JoG2

2 yellow cards resulting in red for a player.  Surely if extra time is a new game he can play?

brokencrossbar1

Couldn't see a thread for this year's St Paul's tournament but we completed the Ulster double today with an outstanding performance to beat St Eunan's by 15 points.  8 of the players today have senior medals as well.  It was an outrageously good performance and it wasn't just the older ones who got the plaudits with a few of the younger lads chipping in with big scores.  15 of the squad are underage again next year so they have something decent to build on.  No team in the Ulster series got within 10 points of them.  It will be interesting to see how they develop now with the senior squad.

Zulu

Saw that, some performance from those young lads. Cross are some club BC1, ye should be very proud of what you're all doing.

armaghniac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 01, 2016, 04:41:19 PM
Couldn't see a thread for this year's St Paul's tournament but we completed the Ulster double today with an outstanding performance to beat St Eunan's by 15 points.  8 of the players today have senior medals as well.  It was an outrageously good performance and it wasn't just the older ones who got the plaudits with a few of the younger lads chipping in with big scores.  15 of the squad are underage again next year so they have something decent to build on.  No team in the Ulster series got within 10 points of them.  It will be interesting to see how they develop now with the senior squad.

Well done. Let's hope this age group get into the habit of winning Ulster titles.
With Clann Eireann having won the U16 and having given Cross' a much harder game in the Armagh minor final than any teams in the Ulster series, Armagh youth is in reasonable shape, at least in Cross and Clann Eireann!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Zulu on January 01, 2016, 04:49:07 PM
Saw that, some performance from those young lads. Cross are some club BC1, ye should be very proud of what you're all doing.

None of my doing but proud all the same!!!  The funny thing is that while this team is very special there are a few teams over the next 4-5 years who won't be far off them either.  The big thing about this group is that they are a very focused bunch.  8 on the senior squad with I'd say another 4-5 of next years team at least are capable of it.  A lot of these players are from strong families who had fathers/uncles with AI medals so it is easier to keep them focused.  Unlike some clubs,  while this result will be celebrated and rightly so these lads will be made very quickly aware of where it stands in the grander scheme.  They won't be let get carried away with it like might happen in other clubs.  Here's AK's tweet about it

QuoteCongrats to @crossrangers minors on your success. Immensely proud of you all. Time to bring it into senior careers.

Stepping stone to the big stuff.  They'll be at senior training Sunday morning.