Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Surely a double header in Armagh with Trillick v Scotstown and Kilcoo v Crossmaglen would be the most sensible option. They would get far more people at it than 2 stand alone fixtures and a bigger gate, as at the end of the day that's what it all comes down to.

smelmoth

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 02, 2015, 11:44:33 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on November 02, 2015, 10:03:24 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on November 02, 2015, 08:11:58 AM
Someone claims to have been bitten on the neck and your reaction is to criticise the alleged victim?

Idiot.
Some are finding it difficult to take the allegation seriously. Most, if bitten, would make the allegation to the ref and show him the wound. Especially if you are trying to explain your actions in a skirmish. Raising it through your manager, after a defeat and omitting vital detail looks odd and worthy of some further scrutiny

There's no point showing it to the ref, as unless he has seen it occur then he cannot punish any alleged offenders. Otherwise every player in the country would go in with bite marks on their body, start a bit of handbags and then show the ref the wounds they claim they have just sustained.

You're right. Sure players never complain to refs as being entirely logical beings players know that a ref won't change their mind

smelmoth

Quote from: Mourne Rover on November 02, 2015, 12:13:43 PM
Cross versus Kilcoo is obviously a major attraction which would get a huge crowd at the right venue. It would certainly pack out Pairc Esler in Newry, which is equidistant between the two clubs. Newry is officially a Down ground but it is right on the Armagh border and would be very convenient for the Cross supporters. It is difficult to believe that the two sets of fans would be asked to go to Dungiven, a round trip of about 150 miles, where the attendance would be considerably reduced, but presumably we will be told shortly.
Pack out? You are getting carried away with yourself there

smelmoth

Quote from: screenexile on November 02, 2015, 11:40:38 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on November 02, 2015, 10:03:24 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on November 02, 2015, 08:11:58 AM
Someone claims to have been bitten on the neck and your reaction is to criticise the alleged victim?

Idiot.
Some are finding it difficult to take the allegation seriously. Most, if bitten, would make the allegation to the ref and show him the wound. Especially if you are trying to explain your actions in a skirmish. Raising it through your manager, after a defeat and omitting vital detail looks odd and worthy of some further scrutiny

The amount of times this biting allegation has been alleged surely there should be some kind of protocol in place for reporting it correctly. Again poor leadership and communication from the GAA!

A protocol for dealing with a biting would be a formal acceptance that our game is in the gutter.

I'm guessing that the unofficial protocol when accused of biting is to claim that your windpipe was being blocked and you were acting in self defence

FermGael

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 02, 2015, 12:22:19 PM
Surely a double header in Armagh with Trillick v Scotstown and Kilcoo v Crossmaglen would be the most sensible option. They would get far more people at it than 2 stand alone fixtures and a bigger gate, as at the end of the day that's what it all comes down to.

I would have thought Trillick and Scotstown would have been Enniskillen myself
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Redhand Santa

Don't think there's any chance of it happening but that would be a great option. Could well draw 10000 plus. Last time cross played kilcoo there was a huge crowd. I suspect they'll play it in clones and the other semi in enniskillen but makes much more sense for the cross kilcoo game to be tossed for.

general_lee

Re Newry / Armagh, it's 6 of one half a dozen for the other for cross, I dare say they'll not give a rats ass where they play Kilcoo. I reckon they'll toss for it, if they get Newry, no real disadvantage as they know it inside out, Armagh slightly better for them as it is a wee bit further for the UTMs to travel

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 02, 2015, 03:04:23 PM

Don't think there's any chance of it happening but that would be a great option. Could well draw 10000 plus. Last time cross played kilcoo there was a huge crowd. I suspect they'll play it in clones and the other semi in enniskillen but makes much more sense for the cross kilcoo game to be tossed for.

If both clubs agree then it will be tossed for I would imagine.  I would love to see a double header with the Scotstown game.  I think at this stage the Farney men would be slight favourites for the title.  They will have a difficult game against Trillick but should win with a bit to spare.  The other game will be attritional for both teams, old scores to settle and the likelihood of a few red cards.  The winners would be going into the final very battle worn and maybe short a player or two and Scotstown will have built up a nice bit of momentum and have the tradition within the club and also a huge level of expectation. 

Soup an Samajiz

not overly impressed with Cross yesterday - despite the love affair and the credit to the GAA that some posters have motioned... Caragin could/should have been maybe 4 up at half time, played all the football, thought Cross got a few easy frees in the first half to keep them in it. Thomas McCann was an awful disappointment on the day, wasn't involved in the play at all, pity, last few times I'd seen him play he was the most exciting player on the field every time. Sending off was criminal by the big 14, and I thought Caragin were winning the midfield battle well, Hanratty out on his feet too at the time, no need to put in the challenge he did for the second yellow, in zero danger at the time.
Game was won and lost however in the spell after half time with the first goal and the quick successive points, Caragin were far too open, naïve to let Aaron Kernan have a free role through the middle of the park all day, second half was a farce in that regard.
Funny in that I thought the scoreboard definitely flattered Cross and yet with the missed goal chances in the second half they could have won by more again. ... That's Fudball eh.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Archie Mitchell

Why not have a double header? Surely if its all about the £££££ they will make a lot more if it was a double header as opposed to 2 stand alone fixtures. If neutrals see it as a double header they will be more likely to go than they would to either of the stand alone fixtures.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 02, 2015, 03:17:36 PM

If both clubs agree then it will be tossed for I would imagine.  I would love to see a double header with the Scotstown game.  I think at this stage the Farney men would be slight favourites for the title.  They will have a difficult game against Trillick but should win with a bit to spare.  The other game will be attritional for both teams, old scores to settle and the likelihood of a few red cards.  The winners would be going into the final very battle worn and maybe short a player or two and Scotstown will have built up a nice bit of momentum and have the tradition within the club and also a huge level of expectation.

That spell you had down south has made you into a right cute hoor  ;)   Kilcoo must be favourites for the title should they beat Cross... as for Scotstown the beat a tired S'niel team who have had games every week and the hurlers went into extra time last Sunday... that showed when they were slow out of the blocks yesterday.. Scotstown had one player and he tired mid way through second half...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on November 02, 2015, 03:23:07 PM
not overly impressed with Cross yesterday - despite the love affair and the credit to the GAA that some posters have motioned... Caragin could/should have been maybe 4 up at half time, played all the football, thought Cross got a few easy frees in the first half to keep them in it. Thomas McCann was an awful disappointment on the day, wasn't involved in the play at all, pity, last few times I'd seen him play he was the most exciting player on the field every time. Sending off was criminal by the big 14, and I thought Caragin were winning the midfield battle well, Hanratty out on his feet too at the time, no need to put in the challenge he did for the second yellow, in zero danger at the time.
Game was won and lost however in the spell after half time with the first goal and the quick successive points, Caragin were far too open, naïve to let Aaron Kernan have a free role through the middle of the park all day, second half was a farce in that regard.
Funny in that I thought the scoreboard definitely flattered Cross and yet with the missed goal chances in the second half they could have won by more again. ... That's Fudball eh.

If i had one pound for every time i heard that spake about Cross over the past 20 year i would have a lot of pounds. Could have, should have but didn't.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Throw ball

Quote from: Armamike on November 02, 2015, 05:39:28 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on November 02, 2015, 03:23:07 PM

If i had one pound for every time i heard that spake about Cross over the past 20 year i would have a lot of pounds. Could have, should have but didn't.

Agree completely. Said the same thing to a Cargin man as I left the match yesterday.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2015, 04:56:00 PM
Quote from: Armaghtothebone on November 01, 2015, 04:26:27 PM
Were Kilcoo brilliant, or Kingscourt awful, or does the truth lie somewhere in between?
Hardly fair on Kingscourt having to play on their own rather than joined up with loads of other teams.
Harsh post. There's plenty of amalgamations at underage where there's rural depopulation. I assume that's Cavan's reason too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Having just watched the highlights a shocking poor effort by the Cavan champions. Surely with all of the underage success at county level that Cavan club champions should give a better account of themselves.