Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Big players let youse down Benny,  the expected dominance in midfield was never there.  A few lads like the young McConville lad in defense worked hard but too few turned up.  Hopefully we will get a few lads back too for the ulster run as there is a chance there to do ok

charlieTully

would love to see Kilcoo push on and win Ulster. It seems wide open this year. Trillick worth an outside bet if they keep the celebrations to a minimum?.

Throw ball

Some achievement for Trillick to come straight up from intermediate to win senior. Very few teams could do that. Having seen Kilcoo play a few times over the last couple of years they should have a chance in Ulster. Would prefer anyone else to win though.

In Armagh Cross won again. They are not the team of old but until a team in Armagh grows a set they are likely to dominate for another dozen years.

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Throw ball on October 11, 2015, 09:56:35 PM
Some achievement for Trillick to come straight up from intermediate to win senior. Very few teams could do that. Having seen Kilcoo play a few times over the last couple of years they should have a chance in Ulster. Would prefer anyone else to win though.

In Armagh Cross won again. They are not the team of old but until a team in Armagh grows a set they are likely to dominate for another dozen years.

?? For any particular reason? Ulster is definitely wide open this year with a few big names out of the reckoning. Cross would have to be favourites, despite a slow start in Armagh worryingly for the rest they seem to be stepping up a gear at the right time. Kilcoo will get it tight up in Cavan but I would expect a win and would set up an outstanding semi with cross, who I presume will make the semi. Should be a good Ulster Club well worth the viewing over the next month or so.

general_lee

Quote from: charlieTully on October 11, 2015, 08:50:58 PM
would love to see Kilcoo push on and win Ulster. It seems wide open this year. Trillick worth an outside bet if they keep the celebrations to a minimum?.
Are you serious? They've defied all odds to win Tyrone and you think they'd have any chance in Ulster? Notwithstanding the terrible record tyrone clubs I'd be amazed if they win their first game in ulster

redhandefender

Quote from: general_lee on October 12, 2015, 02:51:45 PM
Are you serious? They've defied all odds to win Tyrone and you think they'd have any chance in Ulster? Notwithstanding the terrible record tyrone clubs I'd be amazed if they win their first game in ulster

Hope you enjoyed your borefest of a championship!

charlieTully

Jesus calm down lad, I am merely asking have they any chance, did you not see the question mark at the end of the post?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 11, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 11, 2015, 05:50:52 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 11, 2015, 05:42:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 11, 2015, 05:34:22 PM
Hearty 19 medals. First as captain.

Still the best keeper in Armagh.  Surprised it was so easy, Harps shit the togs again.

Always classy in victory

Like you they were in hiding.  Sometimes the truth hurts

Burn
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

general_lee

Quote from: redhandefender on October 12, 2015, 03:34:06 PM

Hope you enjoyed your borefest of a championship!
don't get me started!  >:(

Lol Charlie Tully you never know. I certainly didn't fancy Trillick to do the business in tyrone nor did many of the natives. Element of surprise gone plus a tie against Donegal winners who are both experienced at this level would have me thinking they might not get far

general_lee

True but omagh didn't exactly come out of the blue the way trillick have. Only so many surprises you can spring in championship football

In hiding

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 12, 2015, 08:35:15 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 12, 2015, 07:10:58 PM
True but omagh didn't exactly come out of the blue the way trillick have. Only so many surprises you can spring in championship football
The only notable surprise Trillick had on their Tyrone run was walloping Coalisland in the semi-final. Arguably they didn't have the most testing of runs up to that point but you can only try and beat what is put in front of you. Also Omagh last year in their Tyrone run won three of their championship games with late goals before entering Ulster.
Which 3 games did they win with late goals ?

redhandefender

If trillick had the head down and going at it they have enough quality to beat anyone in ulster. Unfortunately seeing as how we are not the Crossmaglen Senior Football Championship to win it in Tyrone could be once in a generation so the boys will hit it hard I would imagine! They were surprise package for sure but they didn't pull any tactical masterstrokes, just the young team coming good at the right time. Coalisland and killyclougher would not have been surprised by the way trillick played

Pub Bore

Antrim SFC Final

Cargin v. Lamh Dhearg

Cargin would be favourites here having had an 8 point victory over St Galls earlier.  Lamh Dhearg looking for a first championship since 1992.

Sunday 18 October

general_lee

Quote from: redhandefender on October 13, 2015, 09:24:20 AM

If trillick had the head down and going at it they have enough quality to beat anyone in ulster. Unfortunately seeing as how we are not the Crossmaglen Senior Football Championship to win it in Tyrone could be once in a generation so the boys will hit it hard I would imagine! They were surprise package for sure but they didn't pull any tactical masterstrokes, just the young team coming good at the right time. Coalisland and killyclougher would not have been surprised by the way trillick played
Trying to decipher that first bit I think it's a dig at armagh club football? Which I will agree entirely is pathetic hence my increasingly growing interest in other counties' football!

As for trillick, a 14/1 shot to win a SFC is virtually unheard of. Fair play to them but I just think inexperience will get to them in ulster though I might be proved wrong.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: general_lee on October 14, 2015, 06:56:43 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on October 13, 2015, 09:24:20 AM

Trying to decipher that first bit I think it's a dig at armagh club football? Which I will agree entirely is pathetic hence my increasingly growing interest in other counties' football!

As for trillick, a 14/1 shot to win a SFC is virtually unheard of. Fair play to them but I just think inexperience will get to them in ulster though I might be proved wrong.
You could have got Trillick as big as 25/1 before a ball was kicked in Tyrone
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either