journalists trying to influence/lobby rule makers and disciplinary procedures.

Started by rrhf, August 11, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headoftheroad

Where Sweeney was wrong is as we know Armagh played on the edge like Meath and quite rightfully didn't apologize and as a result had red cards flashed and in cases rightly so unlike another Northern county who's dark side is cheating by diving to make sure of scores and opponents on the wrong end of the red card.

Il Bomber Destro

Anyone hear Eamon McGee on Off The Ball Saturday? He was very good, said that from his experience Tyrone are no different to any of the other top five/six counties in their antics and said that these sort of flashpoints usually occur when the big teams meat each other.

That tool Anthony Moyles was talking out both sides of his mouth trying to blame Harte for not stamping these incidents out with Tyrone by dropping players who engaged it. I wonder would have he have wanted Sean Boylan to be running someone like Graham Geraghty off the Meath squad because of his antics or why Boylan never stamped out the thuggish antics of his Meath teams.

headoftheroad

So if you have an opinion which doesn't agree with cheating your a "tool"
Did ye not cry about the McGee's sledging in Ballybofey and now he's a great fellow, strange that!!

Soup an Samajiz

Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Il Bomber Destro

A new low surely?

Today we had:

- McMahon's headbutt
- Cooper's stamp
- McMahon feigning being hit
- Constant harassment of the match official
- Four or five black card offences
- Systematic fouling and consistent dissent to the referee
- Connolly red carded and numerous physical flashpoints in the game

Coupled with the unsavoury incidents involving Dublin in recent years like the biting incidents and the fracas with Armagh, surely there will be a media witch hunt on Dublin from the high profile journalists?

Or maybe they just expect Tyrone to abide by a certain set of standards that is not applicable to any county outside the O6?

Throw ball

The problem you have is that Dublin are nowhere near as in your face with the cynical play as Tyrone. Successful teams have some sort of cynical edge. Both Dublin and Kerry do. Tyrone's problem is they are not as good as either, are not traditional media darlings and because they have had the same manager for so long it seems that they have a longer history of it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Throw ball on August 30, 2015, 05:59:16 PM
The problem you have is that Dublin are nowhere near as in your face with the cynical play as Tyrone. Successful teams have some sort of cynical edge. Both Dublin and Kerry do. Tyrone's problem is they are not as good as either, are not traditional media darlings and because they have had the same manager for so long it seems that they have a longer history of it.

Dublin only need to be cynical in about two games a year.

Throw ball

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 30, 2015, 06:02:50 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on August 30, 2015, 05:59:16 PM

Dublin only need to be cynical in about two games a year.

Plus the odd challenge game. ;D

Il Bomber Destro

Sweep Sweep job in action tonight.

Dublin had as many unsavoury incidents in one game today than Tyrone have had in three seasons and nothing more than the scant lip service of "nasty undercurrent" to the game. Could you imagine the outrage if Philly McMahon or Johnny Cooper played for Tyrone?

ONeill

I thought the SG did ok. They were caught between accusations of being anti-Tyrone and accusations at being anti-positivity.

To be fair to Whelan, I don't think a Tyrone pundit on the show would have been any more willing to hold up their hands.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

I don't think this game can be sweep under the carpet at the semi final stage, Suspension for McMahon for the attempted headbutt, Connolly suspension for striking with closed fist, the incident with parsons wouldn't come into it. The Cooper incident the only one in question, can this be revisited as the ref issued a yellow card. In all a worse advert for the game than the Monaghan Tyrone Game.