Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 02:08:03 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dunlap

John Dunlap

B. 1747 Strabane.
Emigrated to Pennsylvania 1757.
Fought the British.
Printed the first copies of the United States Declaration of Independence.
Retired at 48 loaded.
Became a 'drunkard'.
Fell down a lot.
Died 1812.

He was fouled!

deiseach

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2015, 09:48:59 AM
Philomena Begley
Malachi Cush
Susan McCann
Hugo Duncan
The list is endless
That's the end of the list.

*stored for future "Your Boys Took A Hell Of A Beating" post*

Fuzzman

Reading the papers today, especially articles from Brolly, Irish indo, O'Rourke, Whelan last night on RTE all focus on the negative side of Tyrone's performance. Hardly a mention of any of Monaghan's indescritions such as the disgraceful tackle on Colm Cavanagh by Hughes before the hairline fracture incident.
The match report by Kenny Archer in the Irish News is much more complimentary of Tyrone's performance and even says...
Yes, there was another controversial moment - a few in fact, due to referee Marty Duffy's typically dubious decision making.

I for one am happy to congratulate Harte on the job he's done this year and his single-mindedness seems to have the team playing very well as a united team with McCorry finally showing lots of his doubters that he can stand up and be counted in big games.
Does anyone have his tally for the season so far.
Some of his points now from crazy angles is showing us he is not far away from Canavan or SON skill levels.
I for one thought he'd not get much change out of Monaghan's Wylie defence.

The other big thing we have now in spades is speed and the ability to break tackles by running at angles getting passes on the shoulder. A joy to watch some of the moves at pace and patience not to aimlessly kick from silly angles.

I'll look forward to hearing from Datsun Donaghy now and his mad dog Dooher.
I reckon we'll see more Kerry fans at this semifinal than usual. Beating Cork, Tyrone and Dublin to win two in a row will be heaven for them.
Sorry Mayo, I'm only teasing ye.

Dire Ear

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Fuzzman

http://www.skysports.com/gaa/gaelic-football/news/30553/9942207/tyrone-outsmart-monaghan-to-book-all-ireland-semi-final-spot

Darragh O Sé quite complimentary for the most part.
Seems that the immediate response after the game was quite positive and that it was a good game until Monaghan realised they were beaten.
Monaghan and then lost their discipline and started the rough stuff as they've often done in the past.
However I've not heard or read many analysts commenting on that.
For example the Meyler black card looked like Hughes was going to take him out by crashing into him to block off his run but as Meyler used his hands to ride the challenge the ref then strangely punished the attacking player who had just realised the ball.

McCann's dive was ridiculous and he will never live that down but some of the other complaints about Tyrone are very one sided.

stew

Tyrone are cpable of playing some lovely football.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

imtommygunn

Was it dara o'se co commentator on sky?

I thought he sounded very anti tyrone- even pre the last ten minutes.

redcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 10, 2015, 10:36:21 PM

YES he let the cat out of the bag towards the end when he said Kerry wont fancy playing Tyrone.

omaghjoe

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 10, 2015, 10:36:21 PM

Aye I mentioned b4 his commentary for Tyrone's games has been good craic to listen to. Expecting Tyrone to get dumped on their arses in each match and then lowly become sickened as it was becoming apparent it wasnt gonna happen. Yesterday he started bumming Tyrone up as the 2nd half wore on and then with about 10 to go he inevitably rolled out the "Kerry won't fancy meeting them" line

I actually like Dara but his hatred of Tyrone is a all to evident.

Its more funny than anything, the most annoying feature of his commentary is his inability to pick a MOTM