List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ck on March 31, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
Can any sensible Tyrone person (and no barrage of abuse please) tell me why Fergal Logan has decided to drag all this up again. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard in GAA and whilst both sides handled the aftermath very poorly with Donegal going to the media and Tyrone denying everything... One year on Logan brings it up again?! Why?

You heard what was said? Can you enlighten us?

JoG2

Quote from: WT4E on March 31, 2016, 12:50:38 PM
Quote from: ck on March 31, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
Can any sensible Tyrone person (and no barrage of abuse please) tell me why Fergal Logan has decided to drag all this up again. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard in GAA and whilst both sides handled the aftermath very poorly with Donegal going to the media and Tyrone denying everything... One year on Logan brings it up again?! Why?

How is denying something that didn't happen handling it poorly?

Ah ffs, course it was a poor decision.  Does it benefit any of the lads involved to have this raked over again,  does it buck

ck

I believe the final conclusion was that it was inconclusive ie: No evidence for or against. This does not mean it did not happen. We were just getting to a point where we were beginning to let sleeping dogs lie and then Logan in his wisdom, brings it up again. Very poor leadership.

omagh_gael

Ck, there is a wonderful thing called Google that helps clarify things.

The report found that "on balance of probabilities and following a review of the evidence, it was likely that some Tyrone players made unwelcome verbal comments towards the Donegal player during the game."

The investigation report went on however: "Both County Committees and the Investigation Committee accept that the comments were not about the death of the player's father."

Hope that helps clear up your bullshit 'interpretation,'

redhandefender

Quote from: ck on March 31, 2016, 01:07:54 PM
I believe the final conclusion was that it was inconclusive ie: No evidence for or against. This does not mean it did not happen. We were just getting to a point where we were beginning to let sleeping dogs lie and then Logan in his wisdom, brings it up again. Very poor leadership.

Well quite simply, you are wrong!

Fergal was probably caught up in emotion and had used the abuse tyrone got last year to fire up the team.

Bonner was the cause of all this, good to see him beat

WT4E

Quote from: ck on March 31, 2016, 01:07:54 PM

I don't think it can be put to bed until both Bonner and Martin Carney issue an apology.

Syferus

I sometimes wonder why perspective seems to be lacking so severely in Tyrone. This is the same Logan that sent out a team last year that hit knees and elbows to the faces of opposition players. Reckless in the extreme would be putting it lightly. Of all the people who could ever call out another manager he is just about the last one who is in a position to.

There seems to be a sense that whoever is willing to speak up against sledging or dangerous play should be vilified rather than listened to or the inherent problems addressed in any meaningful way. That interview read like an echo chamber with the interviewer agreeing with Logan's personal attack on Bonner. That is a very sad state of affairs.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on March 31, 2016, 07:08:39 PM
I sometimes wonder why perspective seems to be lacking so severely in Tyrone. This is the same Logan that sent out a team last year that hit knees and elbows to the faces of opposition players last year. Reckless in the extreme would be putting it lightly. Of all the people who could ever call out another manager he is just about the last one who is in a position to.

There seems to be a sense that whoever is willing to speak up against sledging or dangerous play should be vilified rather than listened to or the inherent problems addressed in any meaningful way. That interview read like an echo chamber with the interviewer agreeing with Logan's personal attack on Bonner. That is a very sad state of affairs.

Only a matter of time before you brought up your defeat last year. Good times! 😃
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

I don't honestly believe I've seen a worse loser than him. Gives some Ros fans a bad name!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

omaghjoe

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 31, 2016, 01:10:58 PM
Ck, there is a wonderful thing called Google that helps clarify things.

The report found that "on balance of probabilities and following a review of the evidence, it was likely that some Tyrone players made unwelcome verbal comments towards the Donegal player during the game."

The investigation report went on however: "Both County Committees and the Investigation Committee accept that the comments were not about the death of the player's father."

Hope that helps clear up your bullshit 'interpretation,'

Nope.... it just means he's finished on this thread for a few pages until he forgets the facts and favours his own interpretation again. But its no big deal  onto some other thread to ignore facts on for a while ::)

Main Street

It must be a cold day in hell.
Tyronies are actually using verifiable facts in a debate.
;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on March 31, 2016, 11:35:26 PM
It must be a cold day in hell.
Tyronies are actually using verifiable facts in a debate.
;D

One little Tyrone fix before bed, Main Street? It's quite endearing really!
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

I sometimes wonder why perspective seems to be lacking so severely in Tyrone. This is the same Logan that sent out a team last year that hit knees and elbows to the faces of opposition players. Reckless in the extreme would be putting it lightly. Of all the people who could ever call out another manager he is just about the last one who is in a position to.

Roscommon a nice little county that everyone likes driving around on their novelty bus winning nothing - thats why everyone likes them! lol

reddgnhand

Bonner wasn't mentioned in the interview.

reddgnhand

Quote from: WT4E on April 01, 2016, 12:15:44 AM

Roscommon a nice little county that everyone likes driving around on their novelty bus winning nothing - thats why everyone likes them! lol

Should have spent the money on a decent pitch any wonder Ballaghaderreen boys don't play for them.