List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

List of things that Tyrone have never done? Lost a DRA case?
That's just, like your opinion man.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 13, 2015, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: reddgnhand on August 11, 2015, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 11, 2015, 03:10:07 PM
There was an interesting point on OTB last nite about Donegal v Tyrone being a niggly game, the Monaghan v Tyrone match similar but Monaghan v Donegal wasn't.
The U-21s and minors from Tyrone this year appear to have stooped to new lows and while it isn't being trained (I do believe that) monkey see, monkey do. Young lads see the carry on of the senior lads and it filters through. There is a responsibility on Mickey Harte to do what's right for the game and stop his players from doing it, easy enough done indoors without anyone from outside ever knowing about it.
He isn't do it and it's to his shame

I'd like to see hefty suspensions brought in for simulation, three match bans handed out after the match, it would soon cut it out

Nonsense it was highlighted the treatment McManus got from McGee.

I'm sorry, what's nonsense??

Monaghan v Donegal wasnt is what I find nonsense. Here's Joes take on it.

http://gaeliclife.com/2015/07/joe-brolly-conor-mcmanus-and-the-chocolate-covered-tea-pots/ 

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 11, 2015, 03:10:07 PM
There was an interesting point on OTB last nite about Donegal v Tyrone being a niggly game, the Monaghan v Tyrone match similar but Monaghan v Donegal wasn't.
The U-21s and minors from Tyrone this year appear to have stooped to new lows and while it isn't being trained (I do believe that) monkey see, monkey do. Young lads see the carry on of the senior lads and it filters through. There is a responsibility on Mickey Harte to do what's right for the game and stop his players from doing it, easy enough done indoors without anyone from outside ever knowing about it.
He isn't do it and it's to his shame

I'd like to see hefty suspensions brought in for simulation, three match bans handed out after the match, it would soon cut it out

The selectiveness of this pisses me of no end. Did you even watch the u21 game? There was absolutely no evidence of this at all on the TV coverage at some of the accusations leveled at Tyrone over this. People who were at the game have said there was no evidence of some of the widespread goading or sledging that was alleged. The only real accusation that could stand up against Tyrone is that they got very cynical towards the end in holding out the lead, which is probably called cuteness when Southern counties employ it. Up until the last 10 minutes, Tipp led the foul counts and were quite efficient in their tactical fouling of Tyrone players and stopping them from breaking out from the back. We had Cathal McShane, the MOTM and one of our main players cynically targeted from the very start of the game, he was kicked, stamped on, hit late and met with frontal charges for the whole game - yet little attention was passed to this. It was an absolute disgrace that our u21s had our victory tarnished and devalued because the opposition could not accept defeat (fairly) with any degree of class and the Southern media took no time latching onto it and picking up the pieces.

The monkey see, monkey do attitude is coming from the likes of yourself who don't seem to have an independent thought in your brain and will just latch onto to whatever misrepresnations and distortion of facts the media make about Tyrone.

The other point about the Monaghan-Donegal game is again weighted in selectiveness. Donegal have met Tyrone in 2011, 2012 and 2013 as well and those games passed off without any major incidents. Monaghan met Donegal in 2013 and 2014 as well and both games had their flashpoints - the Gollogly tackle on McHugh in 2013 and there were a fair few scuffles breaking out in the 2014 team. But there doesn't seem to be any context in the reporting, it seems to be look for some dirt with Tyrone and dismiss everything else.

Throw ball

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 08:16:43 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 08:14:43 PM
Quote from: ck on August 09, 2015, 12:46:31 PM
I have absolutely no grudge or issue with Tyrone or their people but their history of cynicism, dirty play and downright poor behaviour is there for all to see. Even the Tyrone manager won't speak to RTE for some unknown reason. I genuinely believe there is a general culture in tyrone that doesn't exist in any other county.

As for that pathetic dive last night by the Tyrone No.10. I'd guess half the country simply rolled their eyes and just thought, that's Tyrone for you.

Unknown reason? Maybe if you had a below the belt shot at you from a state broadcaster using the death of your kin as a vehicle you might understand why Harte's stance has been obstinate.

Why limit the blame to the 'state broadcaster'?

Why not all Irish people?

Or all EU citizens?

Or the whole world?

Or maybe just blame the crap comedian.

Maybe you're a bit slow, but it happened to be broadcast by the state broadcaster.

Decent article from Sweeney on it here.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-stance-has-decency-on-its-side-29243123.html

IMHO you have lost the argument when you quote that journalist on Gaelic games.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Throw ball on August 16, 2015, 09:26:56 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 08:16:43 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 08:14:43 PM
Quote from: ck on August 09, 2015, 12:46:31 PM
I have absolutely no grudge or issue with Tyrone or their people but their history of cynicism, dirty play and downright poor behaviour is there for all to see. Even the Tyrone manager won't speak to RTE for some unknown reason. I genuinely believe there is a general culture in tyrone that doesn't exist in any other county.

As for that pathetic dive last night by the Tyrone No.10. I'd guess half the country simply rolled their eyes and just thought, that's Tyrone for you.

Unknown reason? Maybe if you had a below the belt shot at you from a state broadcaster using the death of your kin as a vehicle you might understand why Harte's stance has been obstinate.

Why limit the blame to the 'state broadcaster'?

Why not all Irish people?

Or all EU citizens?

Or the whole world?

Or maybe just blame the crap comedian.

Maybe you're a bit slow, but it happened to be broadcast by the state broadcaster.

Decent article from Sweeney on it here.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-stance-has-decency-on-its-side-29243123.html

IMHO you have lost the argument when you quote that journalist on Gaelic games.

On Gaelic Games?

That article isn't about Gaelic games, it about the state broadcaster's crass and indecent behaviour towards Mickey Harte.

muppet

Here is the thing, if you hold all of RTE responsible for the admittedly crass behaviour of one of its (now axed) radio programmes, then surely all of Tyrone GAA, is equally responsible for Tiarnan McCann's behaviour?
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 11:17:42 AM
Here is the thing, if you hold all of RTE responsible for the admittedly crass behaviour of one of its (now axed) radio programmes, then surely all of Tyrone GAA, is equally responsible for Tiarnan McCann's behaviour?

How does that work then? A pre-planned sketch, I assume sanctioned by RTE the state broadcaster, which essentially poked fun at the tragic death of a mans daughter and the subsequent crass behaviour of RTE analysts towards the county team versus one young lads split second decision to act, in an admittedly stupid way, in the dying moments if the biggest game of his life? I know you like your anologies but this is a bit mad. Perhaps I'll liken RTE it to Hitler in order win this argument?  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

Il Bomber Destro

By that analogy then surely all of Mayo GAA is responsible for the actions of Aidan O'Shea?

In hiding

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2015, 11:28:03 AM

How does that work then? A pre-planned sketch, I assume sanctioned by RTE the state broadcaster, which essentially poked fun at the tragic death of a mans daughter and the subsequent crass behaviour of RTE analysts towards the county team versus one young lads split second decision to act, in an admittedly stupid way, in the dying moments if the biggest game of his life? I know you like your anologies but this is a bit mad. Perhaps I'll liken RTE it to Hitler in order win this argument?  ;)
Has anyone actually heard the sketch ? I honestly don't believe they were poking fun at Micheala's death. I do think the sketch was having a go at Mickey however and the fact that he was trying to tell RTE who they should promote

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: In hiding on August 16, 2015, 11:35:56 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 16, 2015, 11:28:03 AM

Has anyone actually heard the sketch ? I honestly don't believe they were poking fun at Micheala's death. I do think the sketch was having a go at Mickey however and the fact that he was trying to tell RTE who they should promote

Yes and it was in extremely poor taste. When you look at it in context, a sketch intended to make Harte look like an idiot with the recent tragic circumstances surrounding the Harte family and the end of it just rubbed salt into the wound, it was a disgrace and RTE's response was as insincere as it gets. To me, the "song request" was pointed and barbed at Harte, whether it was or not it's extremely understandable to make that inference.

Hardy

I heard it. It was an unfunny sketch as all the sketches on that show were. They were having a go at Mickey and the Brian Carty issue. They used "Pretty Little Girl From Omagh" as background "music". This, I assume is what upset Mickey and his family and Tyrone people. The upset is understandable and the assumption of a grief-stricken family that their grief was being mocked is also understandable.

But I don't for one second believe that the writers or performers of the sketch or the editors or producers in RTÉ intended to mock/insult the Hartes in that way. It is unthinkable. I believe it was ineptitude, not malevolence at work (in the choice of soundtrack, if not the content of the sketch). I'm sure it was simply a case of not being able to think of any other Tyrone song (is there one?) and completely forgetting the connotations that could be assumed.

If the Harte family continue to believe the opposite I don't blame them in their grief and it's not for me to suggest they should react differently.

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 16, 2015, 11:32:27 AM

By that analogy then surely all of Mayo GAA is responsible for the actions of Aidan O'Shea?

Nail on the head. Now you have it. It would be ludicrous to blame all of Mayo Gaa.

You see I wouldn't blame all of RTE, or all of Tyrone Gaa, or all of anyone, for the actions of a small minority.

I
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 02:00:28 PM

Nail on the head. Now you have it. It would be ludicrous to blame all of Mayo Gaa.

You see I wouldn't blame all of RTE, or all of Tyrone Gaa, or all of anyone, for the actions of a small minority.

I

Completely different cases. These sketches are surely reviewed and sanctioned before broadcast, there was a premeditated aim to lampoon Harte in that classless and insensitive piece which would had to had got the go-ahead of the top brass, I would imagine would be the case. The insincere reaction to the aftermath of the case and lack of action taken against the parties showed how RTE lacked any sort of regret over what happened.

Not to mention that RTE is a state broadcaster, who employ people on a professional basis to carry out a job where you'd imagine conduct like such would be a sackable offence. Whereas an inter-county footballer pursuits are a hobby which he does at his own violation. Not to mention that there is absolutely nothing to suggest that McCann's actions were premeditated, more of a spur of the moment.

My own view on this is that I think you are being deliberately obtuse on this after you built a rod for your own back, so probably better off not wasting everyone else's time on this matter.

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 16, 2015, 02:42:52 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 02:00:28 PM

I

Completely different cases. These sketches are surely reviewed and sanctioned before broadcast, there was a premeditated aim to lampoon Harte in that classless and insensitive piece which would had to had got the go-ahead of the top brass, I would imagine would be the case. The insincere reaction to the aftermath of the case and lack of action taken against the parties showed how RTE lacked any sort of regret over what happened.

Not to mention that RTE is a state broadcaster, who employ people on a professional basis to carry out a job where you'd imagine conduct like such would be a sackable offence. Whereas an inter-county footballer pursuits are a hobby which he does at his own violation. Not to mention that there is absolutely nothing to suggest that McCann's actions were premeditated, more of a spur of the moment.

My own view on this is that I think you are being deliberately obtuse on this after you built a rod for your own back, so probably better off not wasting everyone else's time on this matter.

I am certain it isn't.

Between All of the radio stations, the Tv station and RnaG, do you seriously think 'top brass' review even a fraction of what goes out? Down to the choice of song?? Seriously???
MWWSI 2017