Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Gooch Cooper once again fails to do it against an Ulster side.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 23, 2015, 07:11:39 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on August 23, 2015, 07:06:54 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2015, 06:58:46 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 23, 2015, 06:55:37 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2015, 06:52:01 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 23, 2015, 06:50:00 PM
Absolutely gutted, left that one behind. We created the goal chances and didn't take them. McCurry and Morgan spurned a load of frees you'd expect them to have a better return from.

I felt we were the better team, we had the game played on our terms, we opened up Kerry several times and just couldn't take the opportunities that presented themselves and when that happens you probably get what you deserve. I have a degree of sympahty for Morgan today, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place but his decision making went to shit and it cost us points. Conor Clarke looked way off the pace today when he came on and I think the incorrect black card to McNamee had a massive impact on the game.

Bradley, McCann, McAliskey, Harte and Justy were all superb.

McCann is a very good athlete but didnt really have a good game. Coughed up a lot of possession by taking the wrong option.

He punched holes through the Kerry middle all game long.

Yes with his running but didnt have an end product a lot of the time. He tried a ridiculous dummy 2 or 3 times and lost the ball each time.

His inexperience shone today. Took the wrong option too many times.

How long has he been on the senior team? I keep hearing about his inexperience

Made his first Championship start against Down last year.

Whishtup

Whatever about Donaghey, he got that all important point before half time. Tyrone had the beating of kerry but for some poor decision making. A proud effort all the same and kerry won't be beat in the final.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Good game, hard luck to the Tyrone bucks, well done Kerry, have to say though James  ODonoghue is a horrible little toad though, smirking little diver

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 23, 2015, 07:15:07 PM
have to say though James  ODonoghue is a horrible little toad though, smirking little diver

He was in good company today so considering the opposition

regal

Kerry will be concerned about the form of donaghy and cooper. Donaghy won't be starting the final. Geaney was superb, as were maher, Walsh and o'brien.

Morgan is some gobshite. The other keeper should feel aggrieved as he seems a better keeper. Bradley looks like an excellent and genuine footballer and hopefully we don't start to see him rolling about in the coming years as is the Tyrone way.

Will mickey stay on next year?

tyssam5

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2015, 05:49:16 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on August 23, 2015, 05:43:29 PM
The tackle on Cooper surely was a red card too.

Tackle on Cooper a Red, defo. Darran pull down near the end Black (+ Yellow = Red). Enright Yellow was a black.

Was it high? I thought he caught him across the chest?

lenny

Quote from: regal on August 23, 2015, 07:17:25 PM
Kerry will be concerned about the form of donaghy and cooper. Donaghy won't be starting the final. Geaney was superb, as were maher, Walsh and o'brien.

Morgan is some gobshite. The other keeper should feel aggrieved as he seems a better keeper. Bradley looks like an excellent and genuine footballer and hopefully we don't start to see him rolling about in the coming years as is the Tyrone way.

Will mickey stay on next year?

Geaney had a great game when he came on. Bradley was probably tyrones best player, bit unlucky with his goal chance as he hit it hard and low, in reality it was an excellent save.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 23, 2015, 07:23:13 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2015, 05:49:16 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on August 23, 2015, 05:43:29 PM
The tackle on Cooper surely was a red card too.

Tackle on Cooper a Red, defo. Darran pull down near the end Black (+ Yellow = Red). Enright Yellow was a black.

Was it high? I thought he caught him across the chest?

Assault would be the appropriate word

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 23, 2015, 07:12:12 PM

Cooper had quite a good game overall, got a few points and several assists.

ballinaman

brokencrossbar1

He'll not sleep tonight as he cuddles his 4 All Irelands and 8 All Stars dreaming of this years final!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2015, 07:27:10 PM

Cooper had quite a good game overall, got a few points and several assists.

He also put in 3 brilliant kick passes (remember them) which should have resulted in at least a goal and a couple of points but Kerry missed all 3.

beer baron

This whole thing that the tackle on Gooch was definitely a red is a head scratcher for me,the angles i seen weren't conducive to forming a definite answer, hopefully the Sunday game will have a better angle.

AZOffaly

I'm talking about the one after he punched the ball wide. That was a red.

The one that got the black card was a yellow by rights.