Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 23, 2015, 05:37:44 PM
This is still a coming Kerry team, nobody had say they were great, and will be about for a number of years, Donaghy and Cooper lose in the coming year will be big but they been here before with previous greats. Having 2 serious minor teams to pick from will bring through the needed players in the next 5yrs epsecially the amount of great forwards coming through

Donaghy and Cooper were 2 of Kerry's poorest performers today so I don't think they will be missed too much. Kerry are about to stay for a long time and will get better.

Wildweasel74

the tackle on cooper was shocking and probably a red card

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2015, 05:38:21 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2015, 05:29:02 PM
Seemed to be a genuine bitterness and hatred in the crowd today at the match. An awful lot of booing refereeing decisions at the match today and the camera caught a Kerry fan giving the fingers to Tyrone supporters after the match, the media have helped create this monster and I genuinely fear that some of these games will result in someone getting hurt. Witness Kerry v Mayo semi final last year and the Mayo fan attempting to attack the ref.

Kerry fans don't take defeat to well. But in fairness they are gracious in victory (some fans aren't). But in defeat they are a different animal (to quote Paudi).  The media have nothing to do with it.

Glad Kerry won today, not because i hate Tyrone. Because if we beat Dublin, I want to play them in the final. We have their number and I want a shot at them.
When did Mayo last beat Kerry in the championship?

ballinaman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2015, 05:47:14 PM
Seemed to be a genuine bitterness and hatred in the crowd today at the match. An awful lot of booing refereeing decisions at the match today and the camera caught a Kerry fan giving the fingers to Tyrone supporters after the match, the media have helped create this monster and I genuinely fear that some of these games will result in someone getting hurt. Witness Kerry v Mayo semi final last year and the Mayo fan attempting to attack the ref.

Kerry fans don't take defeat to well. But in fairness they are gracious in victory (some fans aren't). But in defeat they are a different animal (to quote Paudi).  The media have nothing to do with it.

Glad Kerry won today, not because i hate Tyrone. Because if we beat Dublin, I want to play them in the final. We have their number and I want a shot at them.
Surely you should know oh captain my captain

sid waddell

The two black card decisions involving McNamee and Enright were blatantly wrong. But the second penalty decision was the one that decided the match. A penalty all day long.

Kerry got away with it big time today.

Morgan was like an extra player for them in that second half. Disastrous performance.

Kerry's defence will be destroyed in the final. It's there for the taking.

From the Bunker

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 23, 2015, 05:43:29 PM
The tackle on Cooper surely was a red card too.

Tackle on Cooper a Red, defo. Darran pull down near the end Black (+ Yellow = Red). Enright Yellow was a black.

Gael85

Wildweasel74

ONeill

Gooch looked a bit stunned still after the whistle.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

beer baron

Kerry defence looked to be lacking pace there to my eyes today,when the likes of Harte and Bradley got ball in hand they caused them serious trouble. Should the Dubs get to the final which i fully expect them to do then i could see the likes of Mc Manamon(pardon the spelling) and Jack Mc Caffrey tearing through them.

Wildweasel74

Tyrone can go on about the penalty not given but if you revisit the first one, many a time that one would never be given.

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 23, 2015, 05:51:27 PM
Tyrone can go on about the penalty not given but if you revisit the first one, many a time that one would never be given.

Thought the same, lucky with the given one and unlucky with the one that wasn't given. End result of the two was correct, even if the means of getting there was luck.

Carmen Stateside

Damn good effort from Tyrone.  Difference in teams was Morgan.  Contribution zero. Missed the frees, wrong decisions with his kick outs and kept Tyrone under constant pressure at stages throughout the second half.
Colm Cavanagh was excellent along with bradley and Mc Curry i thought.  Anyway were would you be going without any Carmen men on team.