Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 18, 2015, 04:56:31 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 18, 2015, 04:49:43 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 18, 2015, 03:09:13 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 18, 2015, 04:44:27 AM
Im enjoying these Kerry ones tut tuting about McCannagate and the injustice of it all, making it look like they are on our side.

::)

Trying to blunt the sting of an inevitable reaction from the whole affair being exercised on their goodselves me thinks.

Do I remember Horan at something similar after Brollygate a couple of years back?

Who else from Kerry is posting here? Genuinely don't know.

Anyway, we all know the Throne horde is gearing up for another war, nothing anyone says will change that. Same way that rrhf hilarious "béal bocht" posts, while funny, do little to change the fact that we'd take a 1pt win right now.

Jaysus we'd take that, a 1pt defeat against Kerry? Could we get that arranged?

Well, as the Mayo lads are always saying, we have the refs on our side..so I'm sure Maurice Deegan can accomodate us!

Great! Sorted!

Now I believe your county board gives out certificates of achievement based on how close you get to Kerry, isnt that right?

The 1pt defeat is the platinum level cert I think, so can we have it arranged to have the cert made out during the week sometime so that it can be presented after the match?

BennyHarp

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 18, 2015, 05:04:22 PM
Im enjoying these Kerry ones tut tuting about McCannagate and the injustice of it all, making it look like they are on our side.

Trying to blunt the sting of an inevitable reaction from the whole affair being exercised on their goodselves me thinks.

Do I remember Horan at something similar after Brollygate a couple of years back?

Anyway, we all know the Throne horde is gearing up for another war, nothing anyone says will change that. Same way that rrhf hilarious "béal bocht" posts, while funny, do little to change the fact that we'd take a 1pt win right now.

Well, as the Mayo lads are always saying, we have the refs on our side..so I'm sure Maurice Deegan can accomodate us!

Great! Sorted!

Now I believe your county board gives out certificates of achievement based on how close you get to Kerry, isnt that right?

The 1pt defeat is the platinum level cert I think, so can we have it arranged to have the cert made out during the week sometime so that it can be presented after the match?

I wouldn't trust them Joe, they'd probably beat us by 2 just to teach us a lesson.  :)
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 18, 2015, 05:05:16 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 18, 2015, 05:04:22 PM

Great! Sorted!

I wouldn't trust them Joe, they'd probably beat us by 2 just to teach us a lesson.  :)

But arent they the epitome of honesty integrity and purity?

Sure if they done that, it would be like the Blessed Virgin herself coming down and headed out to the pub in high heels and a mini skirt

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Ah stop, yis have lost it now!

Tyrone +4 is 21/20 with one prominent bookmaker, which looks like a very tempting bet to me. Also, on that vein, Derry minors huge underdogs for some reason with bookies.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Keane

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 18, 2015, 05:22:09 PM
Ah stop, yis have lost it now!

Tyrone +4 is 21/20 with one prominent bookmaker, which looks like a very tempting bet to me. Also, on that vein, Derry minors huge underdogs for some reason with bookies.

'Yis'!?

yellowcard

As the thread title says, I think Tyrone will be little more than fodder for Kerry in this match. Tyrone have had an easy passage to the semi final and this will be a massive step up for them. They will prove out of their depth in this match and Kerry simply have far too much firepower for them. Kerry 2-16 Tyrone 0-12

thewobbler

Haha how can you write off Tyrone's chances based on their route to the game, while quietly ignoring that Kerry have had a penalty kick to get here... and even at that should have been beaten by Cork?

While I do think Kerry will win, this will be nothing like the Kildare match and I'd be genuinely surprised if either side tops 12 scores. Kerry will come ready for war and will do whatever is necessary. Last year's AI final showed us that when it comes to any type of football, Kerry are just that bit better, and that includes when it comes to puke football. They'll know that  stopping Tyrone's running game will require cynical early fouls, and no one-on-ones, and they'll play accordingly.

The right referee - for both sides - won't be afraid to brandish the black card like confetti.

Aaron Boone

You have to agree Kerry are a tremendous team. It should be a straightforward victory on Sunday.

yellowcard

Quote from: thewobbler on August 18, 2015, 08:43:04 PM
Haha how can you write off Tyrone's chances based on their route to the game, while quietly ignoring that Kerry have had a penalty kick to get here... and even at that should have been beaten by Cork?

While I do think Kerry will win, this will be nothing like the Kildare match and I'd be genuinely surprised if either side tops 12 scores. Kerry will come ready for war and will do whatever is necessary. Last year's AI final showed us that when it comes to any type of football, Kerry are just that bit better, and that includes when it comes to puke football. They'll know that  stopping Tyrone's running game will require cynical early fouls, and no one-on-ones, and they'll play accordingly.

The right referee - for both sides - won't be afraid to brandish the black card like confetti.

Have you forgotten that Kerry are AI champions and are the team everyone else has to beat? They have proven they are better than everyone else bar possibly Dublin and that's only because they didn't play them en route to winning last years AI title. Tyrone are well short of AI winning standard and I think Sunday's match will prove it. They had an easy qualifier route and then drew the easiest provincial winner in the QF. If Kerry don't score more than 12 times on Sunday  given their firepower up front I'd be absolutely amazed.

BennyHarp

Quote from: yellowcard on August 18, 2015, 09:21:22 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 18, 2015, 08:43:04 PM

Have you forgotten that Kerry are AI champions and are the team everyone else has to beat? They have proven they are better than everyone else bar possibly Dublin and that's only because they didn't play them en route to winning last years AI title. Tyrone are well short of AI winning standard and I think Sunday's match will prove it. They had an easy qualifier route and then drew the easiest provincial winner in the QF. If Kerry don't score more than 12 times on Sunday  given their firepower up front I'd be absolutely amazed.

Reminds me of 2005 and 2008.  ;D 

Kerry may well win but if having an easier route to the semi final had a negative impact on who won, then Kerry would have many less all Ireland's to their name. But results against other teams don't always influence future results, so your analysis doesn't really hold much water for me. But if you are looking for a championship form line then Tipperary are the only true gauge. Kerry beat them by 6, Tyrone beat them by 12. How does this fit into your analysis?

Also, teams very rarely retain the Sam Maguire (one team has managed this in the past 25 years) so being best last year doesn't necessarily mean you are the best the following year.

My hope is that Tyrone can put this Kerry team under pressure like no other team has this year. Run the legs off an aging full back line (they shipped 6 goals in 3 games in Munster) and try to out work them all over the pitch. Hopefully, Mickey will have a plan for Kerry's danger men - he usually does. This may not be enough to pull it off but I'm happy enough going into the game at least thinking that we have a chance and I'm also happy that we are being written off.

paddyoslabs

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 18, 2015, 01:50:26 PM
Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 18, 2015, 01:28:10 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 18, 2015, 12:37:48 PM
Some of the newbies on here spouting crap should go get a life. As an Armagh man much as I detested getting beaten by Tyrone teams in the noughties I could not help but admire their spirit togetherness and footballing ability. Yes like all teams they engaged in some questionable activities, but they were and are still a fine team and in Mickey Harte they have an astute manager up there with the Cody's of this world. I hope Sundays game is exciting to the end. I think Kerry have the bench to shade it but by no more than 2 or 3 points.

newbies or not,the carry on of them this year at all levels is an utter disgrace,If it was just their seniors,well you might argue that all county teams get up to a bit of messing,but minor,u 21,and senior,thats a problem,stop the poor us up in the north,ye are all against us shite.Tyrone county board need to man up and deal with these thugs.

Micky Harte may be astute,but in Codys league?stop codding yourself,Mick o Dwyer,Heffo,maybe but Harte,never,never never.

How can Sundays game be exciting???Tyrone are playing,

Ffs fella, I appreciate you still haven't got over the u21 final and it's tough for kids to overcome disappointment, but for the next few days can you just let the grown ups talk?

Ah iam well over that Lad,sur that was months ago,Cant help it if you uk chappies cant handle been the most hated vile county in the republic.you patronising Lamp!

omagh_gael

BennyHarp, my worry is we've been abject at scoring goals recently. It loooked like there was a clear 'take your points' strategy against Sligo. Other top teams would have grabbed a bagful of goals that day.

trileacman

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 18, 2015, 10:08:13 PM
BennyHarp, my worry is we've been abject at scoring goals recently. It loooked like there was a clear 'take your points' strategy against Sligo. Other top teams would have grabbed a bagful of goals that day.

Agreed. It's this team's major problem.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyHarp

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 18, 2015, 10:06:39 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 18, 2015, 01:50:26 PM
Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 18, 2015, 01:28:10 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on August 18, 2015, 12:37:48 PM
Some of the newbies on here spouting crap should go get a life. As an Armagh man much as I detested getting beaten by Tyrone teams in the noughties I could not help but admire their spirit togetherness and footballing ability. Yes like all teams they engaged in some questionable activities, but they were and are still a fine team and in Mickey Harte they have an astute manager up there with the Cody's of this world. I hope Sundays game is exciting to the end. I think Kerry have the bench to shade it but by no more than 2 or 3 points.

newbies or not,the carry on of them this year at all levels is an utter disgrace,If it was just their seniors,well you might argue that all county teams get up to a bit of messing,but minor,u 21,and senior,thats a problem,stop the poor us up in the north,ye are all against us shite.Tyrone county board need to man up and deal with these thugs.

Micky Harte may be astute,but in Codys league?stop codding yourself,Mick o Dwyer,Heffo,maybe but Harte,never,never never.

How can Sundays game be exciting???Tyrone are playing,

Ffs fella, I appreciate you still haven't got over the u21 final and it's tough for kids to overcome disappointment, but for the next few days can you just let the grown ups talk?

Ah iam well over that Lad,sur that was months ago,Cant help it if you uk chappies cant handle been the most hated vile county in the republic.you patronising Lamp!

Just to clarify, are we in the UK or the in the Republic?

paddyoslabs

for sure its the uk,you do change your money before a night out in the pale? ;)