Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

The 2 Kerry midfielders put in a savage shift marking the runs of Harte and Donnelly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maroon Manc

Depends on what you define as contenders O'Neil. Tyrone deserve a lot of credit for Sunday's performance but I wouldn't have you down as contenders, don't think for a minute you were capable of beating Kerry then going on to beat Dublin/Mayo in the final. Tyrone got the draw they wanted in the quarter final, if you'd have been drawn against Kerry/Dublin/Mayo you'd have been beaten and you wouldn't claiming to be contenders.

ONeill

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 26, 2015, 10:42:41 PM
Depends on what you define as contenders O'Neil. Tyrone deserve a lot of credit for Sunday's performance but I wouldn't have you down as contenders, don't think for a minute you were capable of beating Kerry then going on to beat Dublin/Mayo in the final. Tyrone got the draw they wanted in the quarter final, if you'd have been drawn against Kerry/Dublin/Mayo you'd have been beaten and you wouldn't claiming to be contenders.

Do you think they could have won on Sunday?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2015, 09:20:40 PM
Ach Jaysus lads, coming close to winning an All-Ireland makes you All-Ireland contenders.

If Mayo lost 10 AIs in a row by a point, are you saying they're not AI contenders.

Tyrone showed against Kerry that, contrary to almost national belief (including my own), they were AI contenders this year. If they'd been blitzed, then no.

A game of inches and luck. The Donegal keeper catching his heel when kicking out in the AI final last year is an example. That had nothing to do with experience or skill.

Al Pacino to play Mickey Harte?

https://youtu.be/_b7bgtu2O4E
Never underestimate the power of complaining

BennyHarp

Just watching the highlights again on Sky tonight. I don't like to single out players but Ronan McNabb had a complete stinker. I think he was responsible for picking up Buckley early on and was taken for 3 easy points. Also, his indiscipline directly cost us a further 3 points. Firstly on 13 minutes he wouldn't give the ball back after a free on David Moran about 60 yards out. This led to the ball being moving to just within O'Donoghues range from which he kicked a point. Secondly on 48 mins a needless push on Crowley, when the rest of the defence were holding their shape, led to another easy free and finally, the much talked about late hit on Gooch when the ball was already wide, led to another easy free. Ronan is a player I rate very highly but these are 3 incidents of really poor, needless indiscipline that ultimately had a big baring on the game. If we throw in Morgan's crazy brain farts on the kick outs and it shows how suicidal we actually were on Sunday. Nevermind the goal chances, just keeping our composure doing the simple things could have been enough to win us that game. We only have ourselves to blame and hopefully these are the sort of things that will be ironed out next year to make us proper contenders!
That was never a square ball!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 27, 2015, 12:20:13 AM
Just watching the highlights again on Sky tonight. I don't like to single out players but Ronan McNabb had a complete stinker. I think he was responsible for picking up Buckley early on and was taken for 3 easy points. Also, his indiscipline directly cost us a further 3 points. Firstly on 13 minutes he wouldn't give the ball back after a free on David Moran about 60 yards out. This led to the ball being moving to just within O'Donoghues range from which he kicked a point. Secondly on 48 mins a needless push on Crowley, when the rest of the defence were holding their shape, led to another easy free and finally, the much talked about late hit on Gooch when the ball was already wide, led to another easy free. Ronan is a player I rate very highly but these are 3 incidents of really poor, needless indiscipline that ultimately had a big baring on the game. If we throw in Morgan's crazy brain farts on the kick outs and it shows how suicidal we actually were on Sunday. Nevermind the goal chances, just keeping our composure doing the simple things could have been enough to win us that game. We only have ourselves to blame and hopefully these are the sort of things that will be ironed out next year to make us proper contenders!

Yup, McNabb has had a terrific seasons but his performance was blighted with big mistake, I thought on the whole he played well just did stupid things at that time. In saying that how far did Deegan bring that free up? It looked double the usual distance. He also brought a free up he called against McCann for overcarrying despite McCann throwing the ball him almost immediately after it took place.

Deegan was just dreadful on the day, there was one moment in the first half where he booked Maher for kicking the ball when Donnelly was going down on it, it was an extremely soft yellow card and what made it more ridiculous is that he completely ignored a blatant one minutes before when Walsh went in on McCrory who was going down on the ball. As obvious a free as you'd see and he waved play on, this was in scoring range as well. He was standing about 4 yards away from it simply had to have seen the foul.

I thought a lot of the 50/50 calls went against us, anytime O'Donoghue went to ground he got a free. There was a notable one in the first half where he simply let the ball slips through his hands under pressure from McNamee and got the free (no point came out of this) and there was also the one with McCarron in the second half where he took a dive (which did result in a point).

You can call it bias or paranoia but I felt that our frees had to be an awful lot more obvious and clear to win them than Kerry's had to be.

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 27, 2015, 07:29:09 AM

Yup, McNabb has had a terrific seasons but his performance was blighted with big mistake, I thought on the whole he played well just did stupid things at that time. In saying that how far did Deegan bring that free up? It looked double the usual distance. He also brought a free up he called against McCann for overcarrying despite McCann throwing the ball him almost immediately after it took place.

Deegan was just dreadful on the day, there was one moment in the first half where he booked Maher for kicking the ball when Donnelly was going down on it, it was an extremely soft yellow card and what made it more ridiculous is that he completely ignored a blatant one minutes before when Walsh went in on McCrory who was going down on the ball. As obvious a free as you'd see and he waved play on, this was in scoring range as well. He was standing about 4 yards away from it simply had to have seen the foul.

I thought a lot of the 50/50 calls went against us, anytime O'Donoghue went to ground he got a free. There was a notable one in the first half where he simply let the ball slips through his hands under pressure from McNamee and got the free (no point came out of this) and there was also the one with McCarron in the second half where he took a dive (which did result in a point).

You can call it bias or paranoia but I felt that our frees had to be an awful lot more obvious and clear to win them than Kerry's had to be.

I would say probably bias and paranoia.

imtommygunn

Definitely paranoia. You can debate all you want about refs  but you missed goal chances and frees to put yourself in the position to win it and Kerry didn't. If you'd scored them you don't know if Kerry would have stepped up either so it's not like you miss chances and if you take them you win the game. Time to let it go...

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2015, 08:12:07 AM

Definitely paranoia. You can debate all you want about refs  but you missed goal chances and frees to put yourself in the position to win it and Kerry didn't. If you'd scored them you don't know if Kerry would have stepped up either so it's not like you miss chances and if you take them you win the game. Time to let it go...

I know that, I'm not blaming the ref for our loss. We have ourselves to blame for that but he certainly made things very difficult for us.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2015, 10:44:28 PM

Sorry to disappoint but I don't. I'm not as convinced as others are that Tyrone will be genuine contenders next year but if they are I will admit to been wrong.

Maroon Manc

Agreed, I'd call you very biased and paranoid.

INDIANA

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2015, 10:44:28 PM

No in my view . Kerry had an answer for everything you threw at them

Il Bomber Destro

Apart from the four goal chances we created and that's not including the two penalty incidents. We may not have had the composure in the final third to beat them but we certainly had the game plan and they struggled with us.

imtommygunn

I would share the view on tactics. Mickey Harte showed what he's made of on Sunday and was much better than Fitzmaurice.

However tyrone just didn't have the players to execute.

You can say on another day etc etc but the only time you can know for sure what difference a score would have made to the game is in the last kick of it. At other points in the game you don't know how Kerry would have reacted. When the penalty went in and it went level they went up and blitzed you. Who's to say had Bradley scored etc etc they wouldn't have done the same.

Reality is you'll never know.

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2015, 01:56:47 PM
I would share the view on tactics. Mickey Harte showed what he's made of on Sunday and was much better than Fitzmaurice.

However tyrone just didn't have the players to execute.

You can say on another day etc etc but the only time you can know for sure what difference a score would have made to the game is in the last kick of it. At other points in the game you don't know how Kerry would have reacted. When the penalty went in and it went level they went up and blitzed you. Who's to say had Bradley scored etc etc they wouldn't have done the same.

Reality is you'll never know.

surely you would have a game-plan that the players can execute or change the game-plan before or during the game to suit?

I've read a few on here saying Harte got the better of Fitzmaurice..how? Tyrone play a 15 man defensive game and counter. They don't deviate from it.  Fitzmaurice has game-plans to beat all setups as has been proven. Their system will change again for the final no doubt