Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: rosnarun on August 25, 2015, 10:21:31 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 25, 2015, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 25, 2015, 10:04:01 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 25, 2015, 03:47:09 AM
Quote from: Darby on August 25, 2015, 01:23:20 AM
With the exception of the parodical Il Bomber Destro, the Tyrone support on here have taken their beating very well. Credit it to them. Tyrone played very well. Not well enough, but they did their county, and themselves, proud.

The fact that you would use Parodical to describe another poster is worrying, as it would suggest that your not, and the bile you spouted prior to this is your reasoned and honest opinion.

For what its worth, I'm personally taking the defeat horribly as I believe we were capable of, and should have won, but ultimately we only have ourselves to blame.

And BTW your patronising posts are worse than the childish crap coming from the usual suspects about the next Tyrone outrage they found. I would rather have won by diving and kicking Kerry around the pitch (much like what they did) than to have us trot back up the road from an AI semi final listening to thon "Yis did yer county proud" BS

Rant over

balls

Not balls.

We had the chances alone to win that game, not taking into account the decisions that went against us, particularly the penalty with 5 mins to go that would put us 2 points up.

why do people think that pointing out poor play somehow excuses it,
if frees are missed thats poor play
if some one doesn't shoot thats poor play
if you give away soft scorable frees thats poor play ETC. EtC.

you cant just wish them away and say we should have won in most game both teams have enough chances to win.
The team that takes them wins and are 'The better Team'

Isnt that exactly what we are talking about, we should have won because we should have done ...x,y and z? Such as 4 frees on the 45 in the last 10 and nothing from them?
But we didnt deserve to win because we didnt do x, y and z and Kerry did deserve to win because they did do x y and z

IF we done those things we SHOULD have done, we WOULD have won. Is the logic that hard to grasp lads?

Its not saying we deserved to win or anything else, so stop trying to take something from what whats been said thats not.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2015, 11:31:22 AM
Quote from: Disillusioned on August 25, 2015, 10:32:55 AM
One of the most interesting aspects of the game from a neutral perspective was the ability of the Tyrone management to turn off the sledging/bad mouthing, diving and other forms of cheating for this game.  Virtually, no Tyrone player fell to the ground clutching his face or rolled/writhed in apparent agony at the slightest contact.

This shows that the management has control of such behaviour. 

Good to see the referee taking the time to send the Tyrone assistant manager off the field on one of his many excursions, not many referees monitor this level of interference.

I'm surprised there has been so little comment about this. It was remarkable. Even Sean Cavanagh seemed to be able to keep his arms from flapping up and down.

I have no way of knowing whether the management controls it or not. But I hope they take the right lesson from this and don't conclude, "We lost - that's what playing straight gets you".

Or maybe, like we've been telling you all, it was always just somebody else's fault? Those Monaghan hoors could rile a saint  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 25, 2015, 06:15:06 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2015, 11:31:22 AM
Quote from: Disillusioned on August 25, 2015, 10:32:55 AM
One of the most interesting aspects of the game from a neutral perspective was the ability of the Tyrone management to turn off the sledging/bad mouthing, diving and other forms of cheating for this game.  Virtually, no Tyrone player fell to the ground clutching his face or rolled/writhed in apparent agony at the slightest contact.

This shows that the management has control of such behaviour. 

Good to see the referee taking the time to send the Tyrone assistant manager off the field on one of his many excursions, not many referees monitor this level of interference.

I'm surprised there has been so little comment about this. It was remarkable. Even Sean Cavanagh seemed to be able to keep his arms from flapping up and down.

I have no way of knowing whether the management controls it or not. But I hope they take the right lesson from this and don't conclude, "We lost - that's what playing straight gets you".

So it now appears that the lack of any significant sledging on Sunday is further evidence that sledging is orchestrated in Tyrone
::)
Grow up lads
When they changed the rules to prohibit stamping on heads etc (not to be confused with manliness) it cleaned up the game no end but some counties have hardly won a game since. 

Cat and Cage

Quote from: barelegs on August 24, 2015, 09:46:15 AM
John Bannon didn't think much of Deegan's refereeing

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/john-bannon-maurice-deegan-display-erratic-349833.html

Almost fell off my chair when I read this.

That would be John Bannon, the worst referee in the history of the universe? The one who reffed the Kerry-Armagh drawn semi-final in 2000? I never saw anything as bizarre before and hope I never do again.

Estimator

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 25, 2015, 03:18:01 PM
I wouldn't say a different level Franko, not only did Kerry allow Tyrone to create 4 clear goal scoring chances and panicked twice in the box leading to penalty incidents, they didn't even create any goal scoring chances themselves against the first decent defence they've faced. Better team on the day? Yes! On a different level? No way!

Regarding the goal scoring opportunities. Tyrone should definitely had two from play. One in the first half when the pass across goals was on and the one that Kealey saved in the second.

Kerry didn't seem keen on manufacturing goal scoring opportunities, apart from two high balls into Donaghy very little ball hit the ff line in the first half. That could very well be down to the Tyrone defence or a definite tactic from Kerry.  Everyone in the country was pointing to Tyrone's lack of goals before the game, maybe the Kerry management felt that keeping the score board ticking over was more important than the goals.

Kerry did score two fisted points and Cooper had an attempt at a fisted point, so it's not as if the Kerry attack didn't get close enough to have an attempt. Though these were not as clear cut as Tyrone's.

Ulster League Champions 2009

ONeill

Still fairly pissed off with Paddy Russell in 95. And that was a free on Donaghy in 86.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

I really wish that it was possible to put a nonsense filter in these post-match sections..so much idiotic stuff from a variety of sources. Posting photos, making sweeping statements, vitriolic remarks etc.

Kerry and Tyrone played a good game of ball in shit conditions on Sunday. Very few instances of idiotic behaviour, thankfully, both teams had positives and negatives to take out of game. Kerry happened to be that bit better on the day (despite my bias, surely that is only a logical view?) but with 10 mins to go, it was all to play for, so it was as tight game.

I've watched the game back a couple of times now (I was in the Upper Hogan aswell Sunday) and it hasn't altered my view from the day that Kerry made it harder than it should have been for themselves.
- Kealy kicking long when 2-3 Kerry defenders were completely free.
- Seemingly no plan for covering the 6 channel, even though Crowley was clearly going to be absent at times.
- Needless cross-field risky passes when it total control of possession.
- Playing a full forward trio, none of whom are on top of the game (still capable of great stuff) while leaving Geaney and BJK who are on fire, on the bench for too long.

At least we can work on those things, although I still think our best keeper is on the bench, an opinion Fitz clearly doesn't share.

Tyrone came prepared and gave Kerry trouble in certain quarters. Certainly cause for optimism looking at the likes of Bradley and McCurry performing decently in big games in Croker. I honestly think though (and I'll debate this reasonably with any Tyrone fan) that they are a bit away from All Ireland level yet though.

Without going into detail on the ref issues getting a lot of attention..

Enright tackle - stonewall black card.
McNamee tackle - yellow card, not black.
Marc O'Sé - stonewall black card. (Stupid tackle. McAliskey with a nice dive and throw of his head just to make sure aswell.  ;))

Don't think anyone in the world will disagree with those.

Tyrone 1st penalty was soft enough and a decision made from a long way off. Don't think there was contact sufficient to knock Tierney over?
McNulty was looking for the second peanlty. There was certainly contact from Mahony, but he went down himself, I think it's fairly clear. Don't blame him that much...there are thousands of players who would have done the same in that position. To be fair a lot of people have called this right, depsite that ar5ehole Brolly proclaiming it a stonewall penalty.

McNabb should have got red. Justin McMahon dragging an injured player on the ground was unsavoury also.

I don't the focus needs to be on the ref for this game thankfully and it was great to see Brian McGuigan on RTE and talking a lot of sense after the game.

I think Tyrone have over-reacted a good bit to the recent events and the general attitude towards them.
I have huge respect for Tyrone football. Strong club scene, some of the best players I've ever seen, many excellent football coaches/managers, a culture of top-class excellence built from a low base (success-wise) in a very short time period, massive investment (not just talk) in development of Gaelic Football and Gaelic Footballers, a level of interest in the game that exists in very few places in Ireland.
You can't do some of the things that Ryan McMenamin, Conor Gormley, Canavan and lately - Tiernan McCann, have done on a football field though and NOT get criticised. I didn't mention it here before the game as it would've muddied waters, but the Club Tyrone thing last week was way OTT I thought. I listened to most of it..and it was only 2/3 of the way through there was a mention of Sunday's game!
It's not a "Free state conspiracy" or anything like that..Kerry have taken some deserved criticism, Dublin and many other teams also. I think too many people take heed of what they read in papers or hear from "pundits"..as quite often there would be guys in every GAA club from Coalisland to Castleisland who would know more about the game. Am I wrong in thinking that the "puke football" comment has contributed massively to the rancour that developed? I'd hate to think that a throw away, blurted out remark by a guy who was a great Kerry player, but is clueless on modern Gaelic Football - would be the genesis or even a little element of a breakdown of respect between 2 counties, who in my own personal experience have huge respect for each other.

Anyway, that's too much there for one post. Now..Kerry are definitely underdogs for Final, This is Mayo's year..etc etc.. :P
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

moysider

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 26, 2015, 12:18:10 AM
I really wish that it was possible to put a nonsense filter in these post-match sections..so much idiotic stuff from a variety of sources. Posting photos, making sweeping statements, vitriolic remarks etc.

Kerry and Tyrone played a good game of ball in shit conditions on Sunday. Very few instances of idiotic behaviour, thankfully, both teams had positives and negatives to take out of game. Kerry happened to be that bit better on the day (despite my bias, surely that is only a logical view?) but with 10 mins to go, it was all to play for, so it was as tight game.

I've watched the game back a couple of times now (I was in the Upper Hogan aswell Sunday) and it hasn't altered my view from the day that Kerry made it harder than it should have been for themselves.
- Seemingly no plan for covering the 6 channel, even though Crowley was clearly going to be absent at times.
- Playing a full forward trio, none of whom are on top of the game (still capable of great stuff) while leaving Geaney and BJK who are on fire, on the bench for too long.

At least we can work on those things, although I still think our best keeper is on the bench, an opinion Fitz clearly doesn't share.

Tyrone came prepared and gave Kerry trouble in certain quarters. Certainly cause for optimism looking at the likes of Bradley and McCurry performing decently in big games in Croker. I honestly think though (and I'll debate this reasonably with any Tyrone fan) that they are a bit away from All Ireland level yet though.

Marc O'Sé - stonewall black card. (Stupid tackle. McAliskey with a nice dive and throw of his head just to make sure aswell.  ;))

Tyrone 1st penalty was soft enough and a decision made from a long way off. Don't think there was contact sufficient to knock Tierney over?
McNulty was looking for the second peanlty. There was certainly contact from Mahony, but he went down himself, I think it's fairly clear. Don't blame him that much...there are thousands of players who would have done the same in that position. To be fair a lot of people have called this right, depsite that ar5ehole Brolly proclaiming it a stonewall penalty.

McNabb should have got red. Justin McMahon dragging an injured player on the ground was unsavoury also.

I don't the focus needs to be on the ref for this game thankfully and it was great to see Brian McGuigan on RTE and talking a lot of sense after the game.

I think Tyrone have over-reacted a good bit to the recent events and the general attitude towards them.
I have huge respect for Tyrone football. Strong club scene, some of the best players I've ever seen, many excellent football coaches/managers, a culture of top-class excellence built from a low base (success-wise) in a very short time period, massive investment (not just talk) in development of Gaelic Football and Gaelic Footballers, a level of interest in the game that exists in very few places in Ireland.
You can't do some of the things that Ryan McMenamin, Conor Gormley, Canavan and lately - Tiernan McCann, have done on a football field though and NOT get criticised. I didn't mention it here before the game as it would've muddied waters, but the Club Tyrone thing last week was way OTT I thought. I listened to most of it..and it was only 2/3 of the way through there was a mention of Sunday's game!
It's not a "Free state conspiracy" or anything like that..Kerry have taken some deserved criticism, Dublin and many other teams also. I think too many people take heed of what they read in papers or hear from "pundits"..as quite often there would be guys in every GAA club from Coalisland to Castleisland who would know more about the game. Am I wrong in thinking that the "puke football" comment has contributed massively to the rancour that developed? I'd hate to think that a throw away, blurted out remark by a guy who was a great Kerry player, but is clueless on modern Gaelic Football - would be the genesis or even a little element of a breakdown of respect between 2 counties, who in my own personal experience have huge respect for each other.

Anyway, that's too much there for one post. Now..Kerry are definitely underdogs for Final, This is Mayo's year..etc etc.. :P

So ,after that consider post, why did you have to disrespect us with this shite?

omaghjoe

Good post CT I was wondering where you went....but it all makes sense now....there's been 48hr lockins all over the Kingdom celebrating the win with round the clock re-runs. ;)

Disagree with you on a few things BTW but couldnt be arsed at this point, nothing of controversy affected the result anyway. Yis where the better team and thats what matters, we will suck it up and be ready to blow it back out at yous next time we meet.

Good luck in the final BTW, tho cant say I will be goin for yis, not for any vindictive reason but simply cos yis have far to many AIs!

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Cracking post in fairness. However back in Tyrone preparations are beginning for Sam 2016 and what an historical year it will be.
https://youtu.be/X4D36lRe5u4

Ohtoohtobe

See Conor McKenna is making his debut for Essendon this weekend. What a boost he would have been to Tyrone 2016.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Maith thú Ciarrai_thuaidh, go h-iontach, though you lot for are for it in 2016! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Soup an Samajiz

An absolute breath of fresh air... let's close this thread on that note
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 26, 2015, 11:17:53 AM

An absolute breath of fresh air... let's close this thread on that note
Great post and a fair assessment of the game.
I agree with you on Spillanes 'puke football' comment being the genesis for a lot of the criticism of Tyrone.
it just seemed to be something that people latched on to and for the most part is wide of the mark with regards the football Tyrone have played over the last 10-15 years.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either