Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

In fairness I think most people have called out McNabb for that shot on Gooch.

longballin

they would but would have been RTE hysteria and Kerry begrudery but in defeat Tyrone are grand... 

AZOffaly

I'm not sure I get you. People are talking about McNabb, after Tyrone lost.

As for the rest, I saw very little of the shite talking and antics that were there in the Monaghan game, so why would anyone have a cut off Tyrone if they behaved themselves? That would be a witchhunt.

longballin

so why they get hammered in 03 etc when they beat Kerry? great disciplined tackling and electric going forward..

macdanger2

Quote from: rrhf on August 24, 2015, 02:47:41 PM
Is Hughes or Deegan amongst the guys likely to get the all Ireland this year.

As far as I know, neither of the SF refs will get the final so Deegan & McQuillan are ruled out anyway

They'll surely give it to Cormac Reilly if Mayo make it through  ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 24, 2015, 03:07:26 PM
Is Hughes or Deegan amongst the guys likely to get the all Ireland this year.

As far as I know, neither of the SF refs will get the final so Deegan & McQuillan are ruled out anyway

They'll surely give it to Cormac Reilly if Mayo make it through  ;D

Personally, I hope Paudie Hughes gets it,  will do all he can to make sure Kerry win!

AZOffaly

Quote from: longballin on August 24, 2015, 03:06:10 PM
so why they get hammered in 03 etc when they beat Kerry? great disciplined tackling and electric going forward..

Dunno. Pat Spillane had a lot to do with that I'd say. I know I didn't hammer them. They didn't do anything outside the rules back then really. Apart from Ricey and Gormley of course :)

longballin

isn't a team won an All Ireland didn't have someone act the rascal... we were too nice and Meath thumped us...  :o had to get bad!

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2015, 03:10:40 PM
Quote from: longballin on August 24, 2015, 03:06:10 PM

Dunno. Pat Spillane had a lot to do with that I'd say. I know I didn't hammer them. They didn't do anything outside the rules back then really. Apart from Ricey and Gormley of course :)

GAABoard was in relative infancy back then as well. I don't think I joined until 2005. . . f**k me 10 years!!!!!

Stall the Bailer

There was plenty of discussion back then. Sure there was a special board created for Tyrone - Armagh topics in 03. The Draperstown boys were just a bit late to the party.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on August 24, 2015, 03:28:05 PM
There was plenty of discussion back then. Sure there was a special board created for Tyrone - Armagh topics in 03. The Draperstown boys were just a bit late to the party.

God I remember those days. That was hard work.

longballin

when the media down south suggested supporters would have to be segregated at an All Ireland final for first time ever... zzz  ::)

AZOffaly

Quote from: longballin on August 24, 2015, 03:36:36 PM
when the media down south suggested supporters would have to be segregated at an All Ireland final for first time ever... zzz  ::)

In fairness, they just meant from the rest of us, not from each other :)

Farrandeelin

exactly and as they say these things tend to even out over a season.. Is Hughes or Deegan amongst the guys likely to get the all Ireland this year.
If Dublin beat Mayo, I'd be thinking Marty Duffy.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

blanketattack

Quote from: rrhf on August 24, 2015, 02:16:32 PM
some going that... fair play.  Lets avoid talk of transition as its a bit cute.. 
With the youth set up paying off, their amazing tradition and also the quick run in,  I think its not unreasonable to expect Kerry to be in most finals for the next 10 years, and winning between 6 - 7 titles. 
Dubs might grab 1/2 more.  Mayo might grab 1.  Tyrone might grab 1.  Anything else probably wont happen.

Hah! Would love that!
Realistically should get to most if not all of next 10 quarters.
Then 7 or 8 semis.
4 to 5 finals.
Then 2 or 3 AIs from that.

Main problem will be replacing current 30+ players like OSe, Maher, Gooch, D Walsh, etc. plus there's nobody in the 20-23 bracket coming through. 2014/2015 minor crop are good few years of development off senior material yet.