Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

It would be strange that he extended his contract for two more years, rather than finishing up now (what would have been the end of his initial 3 year term) if he didn't intend to hang around. He has another year in Division 1 to hang around for, so it's not as if we're a lost cause!

screenexile

This seems to be a thoughtful take on proceedings... The inbreds will probably dismiss it as more of the Southern meeja against them.

http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/tevans/tyrone-nobody-likes-care/

Throw ball

Quote from: screenexile on August 11, 2015, 07:46:23 PM
This seems to be a thoughtful take on proceedings... The inbreds will probably dismiss it as more of the Southern meeja against them.

Seems about right

omaghjoe

Quote from: screenexile on August 11, 2015, 07:46:23 PM

Nothing really new in there tho, its  basically O'Rourke's comments fleshed out.
Total BS about the Mayo semi too, it was nothing to do with the refs calls.
So whether he is right or wrong is pure speculation on his part, probably a bit of media ego that they matter that they can actually influence things on the ground. They actually dont really matter half as much as they think they do.

I'm Glad your concerned but you should shift your worry to whether Joe McMahon will be fit or not, something that is likely to be far more influential on the outcome than journalists opinions and speculation.

BTW ye cant start calling us inbreds when your the inbreds

rrhf

Gaa taking phone calls from high profile journalists demanding disciplinary action. Wtf who is running this madhouse.  Www.teamtalkmag.com

Bo Man

what the f2ck are the gaa up to? who is running the organisation? the media trying to get mccain suspended.

TF15

If McCann is suspended when Shields hasnt been in the same season for the same offence it will show dangerous bias against a county based on their reputation and that press coverage of the action, rather than the action itself, is the defining factor in retrospective action. Is that the association we want? Do it proper and implement a rule from next year that penalises diving rather than a media frenzied ban which is not actually in the rules of the sport. Surely that's the logical approach? But for some on here logic isn't in their arsenal.

Throw ball

Quote from: rrhf on August 11, 2015, 08:59:59 PM
Gaa taking phone calls from high profile journalists demanding disciplinary action. Wtf who is running this madhouse.  Www.teamtalkmag.com

Hardly an impartial source. Besides the GAA has no influence on who phones them up.

Highlander3

What McCann did in this game was disgraceful, he is not the first player to do something like this Shields was a joke this year as well, and I remember mcGuigan in an ulster final years  getting McCartan send of for having the ball thrown at him.

But at some point in time the GAA has to take a stand it can't keep letting this happen or else we go the way of soccer

I would not be surprised if they make an example of McCann and think it would be good if they started banned players for diving 

GJL

Quote from: Highlander3 on August 11, 2015, 09:57:21 PM
What McCann did in this game was disgraceful, he is not the first player to do something like this Shields was a joke this year as well, and I remember mcGuigan in an ulster final years  getting McCartan send of for having the ball thrown at him.

But at some point in time the GAA has to take a stand it can't keep letting this happen or else we go the way of soccer

I would not be surprised if they make an example of McCann and think it would be good if they started banned players for diving

What rule would they use to ban him?

Bensars

Quote from: GJL on August 11, 2015, 10:14:42 PM
Quote from: Highlander3 on August 11, 2015, 09:57:21 PM

What rule would they use to ban him?

Simulation to get player sent off , is a yellow card.  Everything else is hysteria.

AZOffaly

Philly Jordan seems to be insinuating that McCann has just gotten 8 weeks. If so it's bizarre that the Sunday game at setting the agenda for the GAA.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 10:36:36 PM
Philly Jordan seems to be insinuating that McCann has just gotten 8 weeks. If so it's bizarre that the Sunday game at setting the agenda for the GAA.

O'Rourke and RTE called for it and they got it.

Trial by TV. 

AZOffaly

longballin

He deserves it but problem is other players from other counties haven't got that so why select him? #hysteria