Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 11, 2015, 11:59:11 PM
Quote from: Bensars on August 11, 2015, 10:17:20 PMSimulation to get player sent off , is a yellow card.  Everything else is hysteria.

Actually - it's not - there's no mention of simulation in the rules

Same thing:

Cautionable Infractions (Yellow Cards)
1. To block or attempt to block with the boot when an opponent is kicking the ball from the hand(s).
2. To prevent or attempt to prevent an opponent from lifting or kicking the ball off the ground by striking an opponent's hand, arm, foot or leg with the boot.
3. To engage in any other form of rough play.
4. To attempt to achieve an advantage by feigning a foul or injury.
The above are all currently existing Yellow Card Infractions.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Gabriel_Hurl

Well how the f**k did I miss that yesterday?  :-[

trileacman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 12, 2015, 12:08:31 AM
Well how the f**k did I miss that yesterday?  :-[

I give you the GAA rulebook.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

armaghniac

I think the rule book should be thrown at offenders. Let's see if they can dive then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TF15

Are Rory Beggan and Conor McAliskey getting 8 week babs too? Or what's diving or feigning injury? Is Shields getting cited retrospectively? This is a dangerous precedent being set here. An absolute shambles. There isn't a leg for the CCCC to stand on here. Whether you dislike Tyrone or not any unbiased eye can see this is farcical stuff.

JoG2

The McCann incident was a real clinker in terms of embarrassing actions on a football pitch,  but if he is to get suspended for 'simulation',  then the match in its entirety should be looked at all players acting the wag should get the same.  All or none.  A lesson hard learned for the lad

If the the suspension holds up enough for him to miss the semi,  you'll be damn sure no one does it in the next match

imtommygunn

I would say Fergal Logan will be on the case....

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2015, 08:16:18 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2015, 08:11:04 AM
Not sure he'll be needed. The rule book states that it's a yellow card but CCCCCCCCC give him an 8 week suspension. How daft is that?

The charge will clearly be 'Bringing the association into disrepute' - defined as what behaving in a way the ordinary person would deem as wrong.

The charge should be defended fully by CHC as far as needed and anyone engaging in diving or acting the bollox in general should be charged the same.

lenny

Quote from: screenexile on August 11, 2015, 11:11:37 PM
http://teamtalkmag.com/2015/08/county-mccann-handed-8-week-suspension/

Tyrone should accept this punishment for the future of the game. If all players know a big suspension will be coming up then they are very unlikely to be up to the sort of antics mccann tried to get away with. St Micky comes out of it very badly also since he tries to justify it by saying all players do it. That is patently untrue, there have been a few isolated instances and those players have also been rightly condemned by the media and general public. McAliskey and Beggan probably should also be given the same suspension but theirs aren't just as clear cut or obvious.

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2015, 08:31:06 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 12, 2015, 08:25:51 AM
Not sure he'll be needed. The rule book states that it's a yellow card but CCCCCCCCC give him an 8 week suspension. How daft is that?

The charge will clearly be 'Bringing the association into disrepute' - defined as what behaving in a way the ordinary person would deem as wrong.

The charge should be defended fully by CHC as far as needed and anyone engaging in diving or acting the bollox in general should be charged the same.
He feigned injury to gain an advantage. There is a clearly defined rule in the rule book. Anything else is trumped up bullshit.

There is a clear rule which is unlikely to be overturned and they're fully correct in charging him with it.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for this kind of behaviour.

rrhf

He didn't bring the game into disrepute. He went down easily after he got a hand put on his head.yellow card offence.  The Sunday game brought the game into disrepute by inferring that referees will not referee Tyrone games in a fair unbiased way.

rrhf

Quote from: heffo on August 12, 2015, 08:32:25 AM
Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2015, 08:31:06 AM

He feigned injury to gain an advantage. There is a clearly defined rule in the rule book. Anything else is trumped up bullshit.

There is a clear rule which is unlikely to be overturned and they're fully correct in charging him with it.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for this kind of behaviour.
I understand your pain when the dubs were involved in the  biting I wanted an example to be set and that that  would be the end of it.  But there's no example of examples being set and that being the end of anything..

The Trap

ALL ABOUT SELLING TICKETS LADS!!!!! TRYING TO SELL OUT CROKER BY CREATING A FRENZY........DONT WORRY ABOUT THE YOUNG MAN INVOLVED............BIT LIKE BIG BROTHER, X FACTOR, BRITAINS GOT TALENT...........TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE TO MAKE MONEY.....GAA STYLE.........NO SUSPENSION WILL BE UPHELD BUT PLENTY OF TICKETS SOLD ON THE BACK OF IT............BUT WE ARE ALL ABOUT THE GRASSROOTS AND KEEPING THE AMATEUR ETHOS (NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT)

Walter Cronc

jb81

If rumours are right, looks like an 8 week ban for Mc'Cann for 'bringing the game into disrepute'.
Its a disgrace. Why now. Why this time? Why not Aidan O'Mahoney, why not Michael Shields? Why not all the other instances over the years ( which do include Tyrone as well )..
I am glad they are taking action against it as it is not something i like in our game and it should be stamped out, but why start enforcing it now???
GAA bowing to RTE again.
The wording of the charge is harsh ie: 'Bringing the game into disrepute' . It brings a minimum ban of 8 weeks and max ban of omission from the organisation. What he done does not warrant him to be in this category.
The proper charge should be 'feigning injury or diving' which carries a punishment of a yellow card.
Surely the correct way to handle this was to let it go, just like all the other examples over the years and come out in the summer and lay down the law, and change the feigning injury rule so that it can be dealt with after the game if referee has got it wrong/or missed it. And up the punishment for the crime to whatever number of weeks they want.
Tyrone will most definitely appeal and i just cant see the GAA managing to make it stick.
Surely if Tiernan brought the game into disrepute so did Joe Brolly when he went ass mad on Sunday Game against Sean Cavanagh.