Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: under the bar on August 02, 2015, 07:52:38 PM

Did you see Connolly's two points today- a thoroughbred athlete with perfect skills execution.

That's modern Gaelic Football.

The Seamus Quigley's Rebels without a Cause of this world always end their careers wondering what might have been had they swopped pizza  for proper nutrition.

Since you have the inside track Indiana what was the reason for Fermanagh running the Dubs ragged in  the 2nd half?   Maybe Quigley had the phone number of the team moll written on his glove? Maybe Mulrone knew about GFs intimate tattoos?? Maybe Pete McGrath whispered something to Jim Gavin about his granny???  ;D

You lost by 8 points against a team you never remotely looked like beating. Ran ragged- I mean seriously?

The game was over after 11 minutes when Dublin went 4-1 up.

Fair play for getting there and all that and not throwing the towel in the second half.

under the bar

If the game had gone on for another 10 mins Dublin could have coughed it up as they were starting to panic.   Cluxton and backs were all at sea.   Mayo or Donegal would have ripped you to shreds in the last 10 mins today.  You'd best start hoping you don't have an off day in front of goal iwhen you meet either of them or Kerry.

From the Bunker

Quote from: under the bar on August 02, 2015, 08:25:11 PM
If the game had gone on for another 10 mins Dublin could have coughed it up as they were starting to panic.   Cluxton and backs were all at sea.   Mayo or Donegal would have ripped you to shreds in the last 10 mins today.  You'd best start hoping you don't have an off day in front of goal iwhen you meet either of them or Kerry.

Ah, I like your romantic view of things! But really that's stretching things a bit!

twohands!!!

A key point that Pete McGrath made in his post-match interview is that for a serious chunk of the Fermanagh its their first championship campaign.

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 02, 2015, 07:37:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 02, 2015, 07:33:21 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 06:10:18 PM
Let's be real here, kerry are streets ahead of everyone else left. Unless mayo have something up their sleeves, they are far ahead of the dubs.  Claxton best days are behind him also.

Go back two years and the hype after Mayo hammered Donegal.

It's one match. Kildare lay down.

Go back six weeks after Donegal hammered Armagh. You are only as good as the hype after your last hammering.

Exactly

The Hill is Blue

Another mission accomplished by Dublin with a clear-cut eight point victory. Fermanagh gave a gutsy performance but realistically they never had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. It just shows the gap that has opened up between the top teams and the rest when a team having lost a game by eight points remains on the pitch taking the plaudits of their supporters as though they had won.

What can we say about an umpire and referee who could award a "goal" the likes of which we have not seen since Joe Sheridan's travesty against Louth many years ago?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

INDIANA

Quote from: under the bar on August 02, 2015, 08:25:11 PM

I love dreamers. They are what keeps life interesting

Wildweasel74

Dublin actually seem to be getting poorer as the championship progresses which would be a worry as they haven't played a top team. Donegal or Mayo will be well fit for them but again both these teams have problems also. Kerry look very strong, winning an ireland for a mostly young team has brought them on a vast amount in a year. Expect it to be a Dublin v Kerry Final. Oh and Sean Quigley very good, yes needs to lose abit of weight but is a natural footballer, The brother Seamus i always maintained had the ability to be the best footballer in ireland

squire_in_navy_slacks

Poor defensive performance from Dublin,  midfield is awful currently, it's times like this I wish Pat Gilroy was at the helm.

I'd fancy Mayo or Kerry to do a number on us, I'd imagine we could squeak by Donegal but fancy the Mayo buckos to beat them.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 02, 2015, 08:54:14 PM
Dublin actually seem to be getting poorer as the championship progresses which would be a worry as they haven't played a top team. Donegal or Mayo will be well fit for them but again both these teams have problems also. Kerry look very strong, winning an ireland for a mostly young team has brought them on a vast amount in a year. Expect it to be a Dublin v Kerry Final. Oh and Sean Quigley very good, yes needs to lose abit of weight but is a natural footballer, The brother Seamus i always maintained had the ability to be the best footballer in ireland

Have to agree.  They are gonna be badly caught on the hop by one of the big hitters I reckon.  Defence was so porous at times today. 

Captain Obvious

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 02, 2015, 08:43:23 PM
It just shows the gap that has opened up between the top teams and the rest when a team having lost a game by eight points remains on the pitch taking the plaudits of their supporters as though they had won.
In fairness it showed a county with a small population applauding the efforts of what was achieved this year. At the start of the year few Fermanagh supporters would have expected promotion to division two and reaching All Ireland quarter final giving a good account of themselves against Dublin a top three side.

rrhf

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 07:24:57 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2015, 07:16:57 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 07:02:17 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
Quigley is class. That goal and aftermath shows what gaelic football has lost.

Overweight full forwards that can't run? Not sure we miss them much.

Did you see Connolly's two points today- a thoroughbred athlete with perfect skills execution.

That's modern Gaelic Football.

The Seamus Quigley's Rebels without a Cause of this world always end their careers wondering what might have been had they swopped pizza  for proper nutrition.

Strange commentary. Sometimes it's hard to decipher when you're WUMing and when you're being serious.

Absolutely serious. The idea that he's operating anywhere near what's he capable of by being two stone overweight is for the dreamers of this website.
He plays for Fermanagh so he can pretty much do what he likes. Put him in an elite environment and he wouldn't get on the Dublin or Kerry forward lines unless he decided to become an elite athlete. Whereby his game would improve 40 percent by getting fit and he could end up being one of the best in the country.
Jimmy Keaveney didn't have the spoils the current Dublin squad have either.  #dividetheresourcesfair

INDIANA

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 02, 2015, 08:54:14 PM

I would have Donegal, Mayo and Dublin at the same level.

Kerry are well ahead and really it's their's to lose. I think Tyrone would cause them a bit of grief but aren't good enough to beat them . But Monaghan could beat Tyrone I just don't think Monaghan are setup at all for kerry.

Kerry don't have any alarming weaknesses like the others. Donegal's problem is they getting old, Mayo have problems at the back and Dublin are coming to terms with some of their key men are on the wane.

Its been a very poor championship this year and invariably when it's a poor championship Kerry usually win it

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 02, 2015, 09:02:40 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 02, 2015, 08:43:23 PM
It just shows the gap that has opened up between the top teams and the rest when a team having lost a game by eight points remains on the pitch taking the plaudits of their supporters as though they had won.
In fairness it showed a county with a small population applauding the efforts of what was achieved this year. At the start of the year few Fermanagh supporters would have expected promotion to division two and reaching All Ireland quarter final giving a good account of themselves against Dublin a top three side.

Fair play to the Fermangh buckos today, their team gave a great account of themselves and their fans lapped it up, well done to them

INDIANA

25-3 in fermanagh's favour the free count today.

That referee should never be allowed referee at this level again.

Out of his depth