Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Yes maybe all true Two but there's one thing the Dubs can't buy and that the Fermanagh fans have bought lots if this year and that's an exciting, entertaining run of matches where the true feeling of GAA championship football runs through their veins. Where each match is a proper battle and those butterfly feelings in your stomach makes it the amazing journey that it is. To get to play in Croke park will be exciting for both players and fans.
Dublin fans are instead served up game after game of predictability with them arriving in late from the pubs to see that the game is already over after 5 mins.
No atmosphere, no tension, no butterflies each game a borefest. Then Bam, its all over for another year and the summer wasn't one if stories of the weekend in Ballybofey or Tralee.
They've created a monster and are giving the poor Dub fans a poor excuse for entertainment.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2015, 02:04:38 PM
Yes maybe all true Two but there's one thing the Dubs can't buy and that the Fermanagh fans have bought lots if this year and that's an exciting, entertaining run of matches where the true feeling of GAA championship football runs through their veins. Where each match is a proper battle and those butterfly feelings in your stomach makes it the amazing journey that it is. To get to play in Croke park will be exciting for both players and fans.
Dublin fans are instead served up game after game of predictability with them arriving in late from the pubs to see that the game is already over after 5 mins.
No atmosphere, no tension, no butterflies each game a borefest. Then Bam, its all over for another year and the summer wasn't one if stories of the weekend in Ballybofey or Tralee.
They've created a monster and are giving the poor Dub fans a poor excuse for entertainment.

We just have to wait longer until the quarters, semis and final to get that, that's the only difference.

Sidney

Quote from: heffo on July 31, 2015, 01:30:20 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 31, 2015, 01:24:58 PM
As requested I have returned with some interesting facts and figures.

Population of Dublin: 1,270,603
Population of Fermanagh: 61,805

Clubs in Dublin: 215 (approximately)
Clubs in Fermanagh: 22

As we can see, Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh and almost 200 more clubs. In an effort to have a more even playing field, the GAA have pumped loads of money into games development in Fermanagh while giving Dublin very little. Over the past 10 years the average amount given to each yearly has been this:

Fermanagh: 1.5 million
Dublin: 42,500

So Dublin may have a huge advantage when it comes to population and club numbers but Fermanagh have far more finance available to them. I don't see why anyone is predicting a whipping, surely it will be a close game going on the figures? What's that you say? I've made a mistake? What do you mean? Dublin get the 1.5 million yearly while Fermanagh get 42,500. What are you talking about you loony? Surely that can't be right.

So you're telling me that Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh, they have almost 200 more clubs yet still get 1.5 million annually while Fermanagh only get 42,500? You're having a laugh, next you'll be telling me that they play every game at home. WHAT?????

They also have a multi million euro deal with AIG. Numerous other sponsors, them being: O'Neills, Bavaria, The Gibson Hotel, Toyota, Aer Lingus, Ros Nutrition, Ballygowan, Linwoods, Energise sport and Skins. They've added 2 new sponsors in recent times also. Benetti menswear and Gourmet food parlour. They have top level coaches, nutritionists, physiologists, lifestyle coaches, basketball coaches, a huge backroom team. They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on. They're able to get their players time off work, they train in the best facilities in Ireland, they're getting a 9 million euro training centre built for them.

Stop, stop, STOP!!!! You are just making all of this up. There's no way this can be true. It's ridiculously crazy, how can this happen? Will somebody tell me there's some mistake here? Somebody? Anybody?

215 clubs? Are you mad??
That figure includes Copper's, Dicey's, Club 92, Tamango's, The Wright Venue and all those horrible places on Leeson Street.

onlooker11

Esmarelda

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 31, 2015, 01:52:49 PM
Regardless of the result on Sunday Fermanagh are rightly the team of this years championship, they have shown what can be done with commitment and dedication, Dublin will probably win easily and the pundits  and scribes will give the usual pat on the back to Fermanagh but what they have achieved is way beyond what winning and All-ire would be for Dublin or Kerry etc, congrats Fermanagh and well done, you are an example to all counties with limited resources including my own beloved Rossies.
The game is being covered by RTE. There's little doubt, in the event that the game goes as many predict, that the three stooges will tell us that that game did Fermanagh no good nor did it do anything for Dublin. Poor little Fermanagh should play in a second tier blah blah..............

FermGael

Jim Galvin kept talking about Seamie Quigley in his press conference yesterday.
Invitations sent out to press launches with Philly McMahon and Cian O'Sullivan in next few weeks.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

The Bearded One

Quote from: FermGael on July 31, 2015, 04:03:28 PM
Jim Galvin kept talking about Seamie Quigley in his press conference yesterday.
Invitations sent out to press launches with Philly McMahon and Cian O'Sullivan in next few weeks.

This can't be true? They've arranged press calls with those players before a ball is kicked???
It is what it is. Presumably.

FermGael

FermGael

1 Thomas Treacy
2 Mickey Jones 3 Marty O'Brien 4 Niall Cassidy
5 Declan McCusker 6 Ryan McCluskey 7 James McMahon
        8 Eoin Donnelly9 Richard O'Callaghan
10 Barry Mulrone 11 Ryan Jones 12 Ruairi Corrigan
13 Paul McCusker 14 Sean Quigley 15 Tomas Corrigan

Fermanagh team named and only the one change with Ruairi Corrigan coming in for T Daly.  Means Marty O Brien dropping back to the full back line which is a position he excelled in against Monaghan when he kept Conor McManus fairly quiet from play.

Fermanagh will set up as they have done all year.  They will leave play with men behind the ball and break out of defence at pace.  Ruairi Corrigan had to start after his performance the last day.  Against both Roscommon and Westmeath he came in from the bench and immediately we were a lot better going forward.  We have to get off to a good start.  We have to be clinical up front and deny Dublin space in defence.
We cannot give Dublin procession from kickouts. We have 3 very strong aerial players around the middle and our midfield 3 have been a strength all year.  If we can frustrate Dublin,give them a bit to think about, and get the crowd on their back then who knows.
Some of the commentary in the written and spoken media this week has been nothing short of patronising and lazy about Fermanagh.  The 20 clubs line is a fact not an excuse.  Seems most are delighted that we have made it this far but we should know our role, turn up, take a good beating and go back up the road happy about it.
I think there is a big performance within this Fermanagh team. McGrath has instilled a great sense of self belief within the players. We have a bench with players who have made a difference when introduced this year.  I remember all this chat in 2004 when we played Armagh.  Serious panel, physically stronger, better players, all Ireland champions the year before. Meant nothing when the wheels came off.  Dublin are human. They are not infallible.

TomFun

Good man fermgael,

Exact same as 2004, We were told it was a privilege to be on the same pitch as Armagh and to be happy with the experience.

Fcuk it, we will go out and do what we can do and see where it takes us.

Dubs are exceptional, but overhyped as usual, let's hope there is complacency and we can take advantage.

Fear manach Abu and fcuk the begrudgers.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I sense a certain circumspection in the Dublin camp, something they're somewhat unaccustomed to at this particular juncture: if those pigs aren't flying, they might just be gliding, unaided! :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

T Fearon

Farrandeelin

Excellent post Ferm Gael. Tony, I suppose is dreaming what it would be like if Armagh were there. To be honest, I like many others can't see anything other than a Dublin win, but here's hoping I'm wrong on this one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

So much begrudgery on this thread. Shame on fermanagh for getting this far!

Hope to see them keep it tight for twenty minutes anyway. Be interesting to see where quigley plays after last day.

orangeman

Bonus territory for Fermanagh. The dream lives on and even if they get by whatever margin they will reflect on 2015 as a massive season for them. Division 2 for 2016 and quarter final at least of the championship.