Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: INDIANA on July 29, 2015, 11:29:52 PM
I bet they lose by less then kildare did. When you compare the relative populations that's a victory in itself.

Sackening irrogance.

Fuzzman

I'd say Fermanagh will take great heart if they try to emulate Tyrone's performance v Dublin in the league.
Yes I know its the league but if they force them to shoot from 40 yards from the wings and really get in their faces, then we all saw last year how Dublin can go from heroes to zeroes in 10 mins. If a few shots go wide and doubt creeps in, then Fermanagh need to drill that home.
Their lack of penetration to put up scores could be their downfall but I think you'll see a more perfected defensive system than Dublin found v Westmeath.
Dublin by 2 points

FermGael

Fermanagh have been a playing a defensive system all year.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

yellowcard

Its a sign of how big the gap is between the top few counties and the rest that this will probably be a turkey shoot for Dublin. Quarter final weekend used to be the best GAA weekend of the year but nearly of all the games have a predictable outcome this year (certainly the 2 played this weekend). I'd be surprised if the gap is less than 15 points in this match. Dublin 1/200 with Paddy Power to win the match.

Jinxy

One thing is for sure, Fermanagh won't fear Dublin.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

general_lee

Quote from: Thastheball on July 30, 2015, 11:40:53 AM
Quote from: FermGael on July 30, 2015, 11:36:42 AM

I know that, but we are referring to an ultra defensive set up similar to Tyrones and Derry, which caused Dublin serious problems.
McGrath has said that they will stick to the same gameplan they've played all year which is fair enough, I'd believe him as I don't think there's any point in trying to re-jig at this stage nor is it possible. Ultimately Dublin's superior fitness and options on bench will see them through, I expect Fermanagh to give it a right oul lash though and get tore into those Jackeen bastards. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

T Fearon

I expect the Jones Road to be a sea of green at about 5.10pm on Sunday.The only good thing for Mc Grath is that Croke Park is nearer to Rostrevor than Enniskillen.Enjoy your day all the same.

ballinaman

Quote from: general_lee on July 30, 2015, 11:53:39 AM

I know that, but we are referring to an ultra defensive set up similar to Tyrones and Derry, which caused Dublin serious problems.
McGrath has said that they will stick to the same gameplan they've played all year which is fair enough, I'd believe him as I don't think there's any point in trying to re-jig at this stage nor is it possible. Ultimately Dublin's superior fitness and options on bench will see them through, I expect Fermanagh to give it a right oul lash though and get tore into those Jackeen b**tards. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
The days of giving it an "oul lash" and getting stuck in relevance to the outcome of games at this level are long gone.
Fermanagh will be tanked.

T Fearon

Correct and then subjected to patronising crap about how great they are for getting this far and sure its amazing when Fermanagh is 40% water and 40% protestant ::)

brokencrossbar1

The likelihood is that Fermanagh will be beaten but if they can stop Dublin scoring early goals then they could frustrate them for long periods of time.  They have a strong unit mentality and that goes a long way but the Dubs will have too much power to turn to and their fitness levels will be higher.  The one thing that may go in Fermanagh's favour would be that there could be a certain level of complacency in Dublin,  similar to Armagh in 2004.  This could bite them in the ass if the men from the lakelands get a run at them. 

heffo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2015, 01:11:48 PM
They have a strong unit mentality and that goes a long way but the Dubs will have too much power to turn to and their fitness levels will be higher.  The one thing that may go in Fermanagh's favour would be that there could be a certain level of complacency in Dublin,  similar to Armagh in 2004.  This could bite them in the ass if the men from the lakelands get a run at them.

That's the only real difference between the teams alright

Rudi

Quote from: ballinaman on July 30, 2015, 12:26:20 PM

McGrath has said that they will stick to the same gameplan they've played all year which is fair enough, I'd believe him as I don't think there's any point in trying to re-jig at this stage nor is it possible. Ultimately Dublin's superior fitness and options on bench will see them through, I expect Fermanagh to give it a right oul lash though and get tore into those Jackeen b**tards. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
The days of giving it an "oul lash" and getting stuck in relevance to the outcome of games at this level are long gone.

With regret on both counts you are 100% correct. Fermangh were 8-2 down after 25mins against the Rossies who were missing half their team. Were 5-2 down verses a poor Westmeath side after 30mins. How much will they trail Dublin after 25? The Dubs wont let up either. Fermanagh would give any side outside the top 4 a game. Alas Dublin, Kerry, Donegal and Mayo are in a different class. Then again the same could be said most Div 2 and 3 teams, when they come up against the top 4.

general_lee

Quote from: ballinaman on July 30, 2015, 12:26:20 PM

Interesting stat - Fermanagh have only conceded one goal so far in the championship (5 if you include the league) Statistically one of the best defences, if not the best across the 4 divisions (granted it was Division 3). Agreed though, I think Fermanagh will be competitive to a certain point before Dubs do their usual stunt and turn it on with a few goals/points combined in quick succession.

JoG2

Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2015, 12:35:25 PM
Correct and then subjected to patronising crap about how great they are for getting this far and sure its amazing when Fermanagh is 40% water and 40% protestant ::)

But it is great that they have gotten this far. Fair play to all involved.

They will get beat, prob by a big margin. It's a huge mismatch with of all of Dublin's advantages. We've 1 championship, Fermanagh and Dublin are both in it. These match ups will happen at this stage of the competition from time to time.

Jinxy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 30, 2015, 01:11:48 PM
The likelihood is that Fermanagh will be beaten but if they can stop Dublin scoring early goals then they could frustrate them for long periods of time.  They have a strong unit mentality and that goes a long way but the Dubs will have too much power to turn to and their fitness levels will be higher.  The one thing that may go in Fermanagh's favour would be that there could be a certain level of complacency in Dublin,  similar to Armagh in 2004.  This could bite them in the ass if the men from the lakelands get a run at them.

It would probably require 'forgetting what time the match is on' levels of complacency to have any effect on the outcome.
If you were any use you'd be playing.