Feast Days

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 25, 2007, 01:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

A4SA, get a dictionary...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ITOB

The best laugh I've had since God (superman) knows when.

Like Blast, Lecale, O' Neil, POG etc I am not sure where the humour lies. 
Part of it is that some contributors have such strong opinions (beliefs, and fair play to them) on things they cannot be sure about and feel they must apostilise every one else.  Can't help wondering if they also really belive in that carnation and wafer stuff as well?  Not saying there isn't a God but I grew out of that long ago, soon after I someone tipped me the wink about the Santa ruse.

Keep her lit.

Guillem2

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on April 28, 2007, 07:40:53 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 28, 2007, 01:00:11 PM
200 idiotic posts and 18 topics started, must be some sort of record.

And people complained about tony!

How many ppl remember any of ur 733 post Pints of Guinness. Most of ur posts r compalin about other posts. Ur a v angry man Pints of Guiness. Get yourself a girlfriend and take ur anger out on her.
Im goin  to start a pole to c who posters want to evict u or me.

What happened to the poll started last night by Judge Kearns on wheather Armagh4SamAgain or Pints of Guinness should be evicted from the Board? Posters were voting 2 to 1 in favour of Pints getting the boot. Now the thread has disappeared.  ???
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Armagh4SamAgain

Today is the feastday of St Catherine of Siena another holy Italian. Shes the patron st of Fire prevention! Thats a good important one to be patron st of . She was very holy and had visions and died when she was 33 just like our Lord.

This is the last one of these I can do cause im back to work tomorrow. Can sum other posters keep it up to date??

"Guillem2 -What happened to the poll started last night by Judge Kearns on wheather Armagh4SamAgain or Pints of Guinness should be evicted from the Board? Posters were voting 2 to 1 in favour of Pints getting the boot. Now the thread has disappeared."

I reckon Pints of Guinness complaint to Admin and got it removed. He was scared I was beating him in the vote.

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Lecale2

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on April 29, 2007, 01:32:28 PM
Today is the feastday of St Catherine of Siena another holy Italian. Shes the patron st of Fire prevention! Thats a good important one to be patron st of .

Where was she when poor St Vitalis was being burned alive by the Pagans?

Hardy

Quote from: Lecale2 on April 29, 2007, 01:38:26 PM
Where was she when poor St Vitalis was being burned alive by the Pagans?

:D :D

Blacksheep

Very good Lecale!! Watch for the bad luck. Is there anybody prepared to keep this running when A4SA goes back to work?
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Silky

St. Cynwl
Feastday: April 30
6th century
Patron Saint of Blacksheep

A hermit, the brother of St. Deinoil, noted for his austere life in southern Wales. Several churches in the region were dedicated to Cynwl.

Hardy

If it's an austere life you're after, southern Wales is the place all right.

(Any hints on how to pronounce his name? I tried saying it out loud here and it sounded like yer man in The Odd Couple clearing his sinuses.)

Guillem2

Quote from: Silky on April 30, 2007, 07:58:59 AM
St. Cynwl
Feastday: April 30
6th century
Patron Saint of Blacksheep

A hermit, the brother of St. Deinoil, noted for his austere life in southern Wales. Several churches in the region were dedicated to Cynwl.

At least he's not another f**king Italian! Wales; the land of saints and sheep.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Armagh4SamAgain

St. Petronax was a Abbot, (main monk) in Monte Cassino in Italy. Hes the patron st of gamblers because of that.  Be was a Benedictines monk and a freind of pope Gregory. He wasnt kilt or nothing but was very holy and built a big monestry beside the Monte cassino. He was made a st after he died.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Bacon

Is it going to be a saint for the weekend Armagh4Sam rather than one for every day, now that you're back at work?  :D
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Colonel Cool

Nothing this weekend Armagh4Sam? I must say I look forward to your contributions.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Sky Blue

Tell us a bit more about her Drici!

full back

Does anyone on the board actually know him?