Feast Days

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 25, 2007, 01:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Fullback
QuoteOK pog, it wasnt just me that found it funny, but this is my take on it - read slowly & digest all the information
Knowing A4SA's form of putting up random thread's this one was unexpected.
His spelling was quite funny as well.
And finally his take on Mark/John's treatment & the way he explained it.
Apologies if you didnt find it funny - in future I will drop you a pm and find out if I can laugh at something
I've read it and all I feel like doing is rolling my eyes. Why someone is amused by some tube's alter ego misspelling words is beyond me. I suppose you roar and laugh at a custard pie being pushed in to someone's face.   ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 26, 2007, 03:39:36 PM
Fullback
QuoteOK pog, it wasnt just me that found it funny, but this is my take on it - read slowly & digest all the information
Knowing A4SA's form of putting up random thread's this one was unexpected.
His spelling was quite funny as well.
And finally his take on Mark/John's treatment & the way he explained it.
Apologies if you didnt find it funny - in future I will drop you a pm and find out if I can laugh at something
I've read it and all I feel like doing is rolling my eyes. Why someone is amused by some tube's alter ego misspelling words is beyond me. I suppose you roar and laugh at a custard pie being pushed in to someone's face.   ::)

Yeah custard pies and all that craic :D ::)
When ever you buy a sense of humour come & have a chat pog

pintsofguinness

Sense of Humour?  Laughing at someone purposely misspelling words...yes, that's hilarious.  Do you think it'll catch on?  Do you think if I wrote a book with bad grammar and every third word spelt wrongly the world would die from side splitting laughter?

neutral

pintsofguinness

Unintelligent immature knob.

Aristotle Flynn

Now, now, boys! Let's keep it polite. No need for name calling.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

neutral

fearglasmor

Quote from: Aristotle Flynn on April 26, 2007, 04:27:47 PM
Now, now, boys!  girls Let's keep it polite. No need for name calling.

blast05

QuoteLaughing at someone purposely misspelling words

Jaysus, i'm fierce confused.  ???
Are people laughing because of the bad spelling, because they find it so far fetched that someone could post such a post about saints and marthys and be deadly serious (or the complete opposite) or is it the bad spelling when used in conjunction with the particular story ?

Regardless of which, i can't see the humour  ???

ONeill

I was gonna write something about the above comments being the reason why this board doesn't have half the allure it had in the past (i.e people now willing to come on to a thread to say they don't find something humorous - why even bother commenting then? Do you go onto the Mayo thread and say you don't find it interesting?) but I suppose it is those who lack humour that makes the thread even funnier....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blast05

QuoteI was gonna write something about the above comments being the reason why this board doesn't have half the allure it had in the past (i.e people now willing to come on to a thread to say they don't find something humorous - why even bother commenting then? Do you go onto the Mayo thread and say you don't find it interesting?) but I suppose it is those who lack humour that makes the thread even funnier....

In saying i don't find it funny, i am saying the reason i don't find it funny is i don't get it (not thats its a good joke i don't appreciate) and am obviously then looking for an explanation of what the joke is ........
So which one of the reasons i suggested as the explanation of the joke is it ?? Then i can maybe go for a pint and think about it
And a couple of comments from myself and or 2 others means this board doesn't have the allure it once had ???  ..... now theres a joke  ::)
Just cos someone doesn't appreciate the humour of one of your alter egos, don't go taking the hump

ONeill

Ok, I'm dealing with an idiot.

I'll just reply to your last sentence. I'd love to claim responsibility for A4SA but, unfortunately, I can't. I do believe it's an alter-ego but don't know whose.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardal

Armagh4Samagain, is basically Benny from crossroads or Mylie from Glenroe. Even as someones alter-ego, he usually makes me laugh. Remember his journalistic advice?

Sky Blue

I've only just seen this. Great stuff! :D :D :D

Pint og Guinness & Blast 05 - if you don't find it funny; don't laugh. Simple really.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

This thread was brought to you by The Ministry of Laughter, (c) 1948.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"