galway v donegal

Started by cornetto, July 19, 2015, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

C'mon the 'chokers. ;)
Here's wishing ye the best od luck.
Knock football outa  them feckers heads for all time.
It would be mighty to see Galway  doing well for a change. I kinda miss the buzz that went with good Galway-Mayo championship match.  fun unless we beat a good Galway side after a rip=roaring game!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

giveballaghback

A different Galway than the one we have seen this year so far will need to turn up in cp tomorrow to have any chance, Donegal may have lost to Monaghan but at the end they were going well and imo had one of those days, Murphy at ff with McBrearty playing off him will be two much for Galway to handle, I really hope Galway can win this but im afraid we have not seen anything to suggest the will so far, if Galway do win it will surely be the end for this group of Donegal players but I dont think they are ready to say goodbye just yet.
Kerry will beat Kildare easily, will just have two much for what can at best be described as a very ordinary Kildare outfit.

Conallach

Donegal team announced. Probabaly not worth taking this too seriously, but no place for Eoin McHugh or Darach O'Connor on the bench:

donegalgaa.ie/2015/07/donegal-panel-v-galway/

According to Chris McNulty on Donegal Sports Hub, O'Connor was "ruled out because of a reoccurrence of a knee injury", which is a shame. Not been his year.

J70

Durcan, 2 McGees, McGrath,  R McHugh,  Thompson,  McGlynn,  Gallagher, McElhinney,  MacNiallais,  Toye, M McHugh,  C McFadden,  Murphy,  McBrearty

Thompson in for Lacey, otherwise unchanged.

I read that O'Connor had done his knee again.

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2015, 07:58:15 PM
Durcan, 2 McGees, McGrath,  R McHugh,  Thompson,  McGlynn,  Gallagher, McElhinney,  MacNiallais,  Toye, M McHugh,  C McFadden,  Murphy,  McBrearty

Tough luck for Jigger.

donegal lad

Heard jigger damaged his kneecap. He's been really unlucky this year with injuries

Eoghan ban Gallagher been introduced to the subs bench for this game, was really impressed with him last year at minor level

J70

Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2015, 08:10:47 PM

Tough luck for Jigger.

Yep, he had a promising introduction last year, but the injuries have really held him back.

mckieran

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 31, 2015, 12:56:02 PM
C'mon the 'chokers. ;)
It would be mighty to see Galway  doing well for a change. I kinda miss the buzz that went with good Galway-Mayo championship match.  fun unless we beat a good Galway side after a rip=roaring game!

It would really set the championship alight if Galway & Mayo met again this year in the AI series. Galway fans would be extremely optimistic after beating Donegal and I could see a lot of support coming out of the woodwork!

However, in all likelihood, Galway wont be beating Donegal. So it'll probably be a drab enough QF between Donegal & Mayo!

Syferus

Quote from: mckieran on July 31, 2015, 09:18:23 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 31, 2015, 12:56:02 PM
C'mon the 'chokers. ;)

It would really set the championship alight if Galway & Mayo met again this year in the AI series. Galway fans would be extremely optimistic after beating Donegal and I could see a lot of support coming out of the woodwork!

However, in all likelihood, Galway wont be beating Donegal. So it'll probably be a drab enough QF between Donegal & Mayo!

I really do not want to see AOS man-handle Finian Hanley into soul-crushing submission again. I know enough about the match-ups that a Mayo-Galway AIQF would be the most boring of the possible pairings for viewing. Mayo-Donegal? Now that could be fascinating.

I suppose it would be nice to have a few more Connacht teams in the AIQFs..

ck

Rory Gallagher on Ocean FM this evening denying a rift in the camp. Anyone know what that's about. I'm hearing its about Mark McHugh and alcohol, any Donegal folks know what's going on. I can only assume it's not true given his inclusion in starting 15 this weekend

An Fhairche Abu

Michael Murphy is out of the match tomorrow according to Brendan Devenney on UTV Ireland there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 31, 2015, 11:16:16 PM
Michael Murphy is out of the match tomorrow according to Brendan Devenney on UTV Ireland there.

Donegal playing games?

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2015, 11:18:19 PM

Donegal playing games?

I dunno but he will be far from right if he can play at all. Huge chance for Galway with arguably the 2 best Donegal players (2 of their all-time greats in fact)  out or winged.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on July 31, 2015, 11:49:12 PM

Donegal playing games?

I dunno but he will be far from right if he can play at all. Huge chance for Galway with arguably the 2 best Donegal players (2 of their all-time greats in fact)  out or winged.
Yes Galway have an excellent chance of causing upset and Galway are defending better than previous years which should help them further.

An Fhairche Abu

Donegal playing games?

Possibly, but it's not like they are going in against Mayo or Dublin, no need to play mind games when they are playing a team that they should be accounting for.
Murphy was clearly injured against Monaghan, I did raise the possibility of Donegal saving Murphy for the Mayo game next week, Donegal might fancy that they have enough on the pitch without him to win tomorrow as it is.