Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

I was thinking double header in Breffni or Clones wuda been spot on

Bo Man

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Redhand Santa

Quote from: redhandefender on July 20, 2015, 06:41:04 PM
i can assure you there won't be 70,000 there for the quarter final. get off your lazy ass and travel a bit extra. people from tyrone would complain no matter where it is ffs

And half the ones who complain won't go no matter where it is. Cavan isn't that much handier for some supporters anyway. There's plenty of years when we'd be glad to be playing championship football in croke park in august.

The crowd will be smaller but it'll be good for the players to get used to the environment.

CD

I love it! Was at Croker in 86 and it took 9 years to get back! Granted we've had a great run and been lucky enough to play there fairly regularly in the past 14 years but you just never know when we'll be back! No league encounters with the Dubs for a year or two either! Great chance for a night away a and a few scoops!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Redhand Santa

We are hopefully becoming closer to getting our best team and having some decent options from the bench. Based on championship so far I'd say our best team is something like this:
O'neill
McCarron
Mcnamee
Mcrory
Mcnabb
Joe
McCann/Brennan
Justy
Colm
Meyler (still bit to prove yet obviously)
Donnelly
Harte
Mccurry/Bradley
Cavanagh
Mcaliskey

I have justy at midfield but positions mean very little.

Any word of Niall McKenna? Is he out for the season?

rodney trotter

What is Mattie Donnellys best position? He was nominated for an All Star in 2013 from half forward, played centre back last year, and midfield in the championship this year.

I remember he was full forward at U21 level against Cavan

barelegs

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 20, 2015, 10:46:01 PM
What is Mattie Donnellys best position? He was nominated for an All Star in 2013 from half forward, played centre back last year, and midfield in the championship this year.

I remember he was full forward at U21 level against Cavan

For all he's been named at midfield, he hasn't actually played too much there in reality. Peter Harte played their against Meath and Limerick and Donnelly played at midfield on Saturday. In truth Colm's the only out and out midfielder Tyrone have at the minute. Donnelly's best position would probably be a wing forward but he's adaptable enough to play anywhere. Played well at full forward during the league last year but then we got the tanking in Killarney and he got drafted into the defence

Fuzzman

I would play him at CHF but nowadays there are so much rotation and movement from players.
How often have we saw McCrory and Justy in at FF in some games.
Mattie strengths are in running with the ball at defences but sometimes I'd love to see him try a give and go pass rather than always taking his man on

What's the story on McShane? Is he still injured or being held back in reserve. I thought McNulty would have got more chances to shine.

In hiding

Could someone please tell me what Aiden Mc Crory brings to the party, surely we have better half backs in the county.
Seriously, would he make the Clonoe starting 15.
Seriously ??

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 20, 2015, 11:25:03 PM
I would play him at CHF but nowadays there are so much rotation and movement from players.
How often have we saw McCrory and Justy in at FF in some games.
Mattie strengths are in running with the ball at defences but sometimes I'd love to see him try a give and go pass rather than always taking his man on

What's the story on McShane? Is he still injured or being held back in reserve. I thought McNulty would have got more chances to shine.

Me too he looked decent enuff in the league. Is it a case of him not being up to it for championship yet and cant really play anywhere else. Actually scratch that thought he was playing Div 1 league higher standard than our last 3 matches.

Another one of Mickey's Mysteries

WT4E

Sometimes I get the feeling of Matty Donnelly that he believes too much in all the hype around him. Don't get me wrong I think he's a great player and one of our best at the moment but I think he plays with over confidence at times.

Take Saturdays match when the game was tight and the pressure was on I think he gave away the ball on countless occasions because I think he was just saying I'm Matty Donnelly playing against Tipp sure they won't stop me.

Then when the game was basically all over he started to play brilliant as Tipp had stopped.

Compare this with Petey Harte when the game was tight he was unbelievable but when the game was wrapped up we hardly seen him probably because he let the rest get on with it and he had another role to fulfill.

I dunno maybe I'm being harsh but I would expect a whole lot better from Matty than his 1st half performance.

clarshack

going to be in derry city for the weekend of this game. i assume trying to find a bar showing GAA in derry city will be difficult enough?

tyroneman

Quote from: In hiding on July 21, 2015, 03:07:46 AM
Could someone please tell me what Aiden Mc Crory brings to the party, surely we have better half backs in the county.
Seriously, would he make the Clonoe starting 15.
Seriously ??

1. He's playing cornerback so not sure why finding a different half back is relevant
2. He's been part of a defence that has played fairly well this year
3. Last I checked Clonoe aren't playing Sligo so it doesn't matter if he would make their 15 or not

red hander

Quote from: clarshack on July 21, 2015, 04:40:08 PM
going to be in derry city for the weekend of this game. i assume trying to find a bar showing GAA in derry city will be difficult enough?

I know somebody who was working in Derry on the Sunday they won their (one and only) AI and he went into four or five bars to catch the game, all were showing soccer and nobody gave a shit about what was happening in Dublin