Tyrone v Sligo Sat 1st August 2015 Croke Park - 13 years on

Started by Fuzzman, July 19, 2015, 03:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Provincial final repeats can't happen. So Sligo and Galway wins mean Galway play mayo.

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 20, 2015, 09:56:44 AM
So does that mean Tyrone or Sligo DEFINITELY meet Monaghan or we could meet them
If it definite then that must be a bit of a kick in the teeth to Monaghan that they'll more than likely meet another "bloody" Ulster team having just come out of Ulster.
They've beaten us a few times recently in Clones but don't have such a good record in Croke Park. Actually who was the last team they beat in Croke park?

I think they've moved on a bit since then though and McManus showed yesterday that even if he's double marked by one of the toughest defenders out there he can still keep his head and score 5 or 6 points which is a lot better than Murphy has been doing lately. They will fancy their chances of course now of getting to a semi-final v Kerry you would expect who again have a very handy route to the final 4. After yesterday Kerry & Cork won't be so worried about Donegal but again its dangerous to write them off. Mayo with their new found weapon at FF will be hard to stop. I'm glad we're not facing them should we make the 1/4s. Was interesting to listen to TSG panel last night talk us up a little and say nobody will want to meet Tyrone.

Anyway, back to Sligo. Where do ye think this will be played as I'll be in Westport that weekend. Could it be Enniskillen? I hope its around 7pm and not 3pm throw in.

I'd be so pleased if Mickey moved Justy to MF and Mattie to CHF or even wing forward. Young Meyler looked very good to me yesterday and is well with a starting place.

I wouldn't be fearful of Monaghan, they have only beat us in the championship last year and that was only by a point.  They are Donegals bogey team but Tyrone could well beat them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

macdanger2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 20, 2015, 10:31:16 AM
Provincial final repeats can't happen. So Sligo and Galway wins mean Galway play mayo.

Yeah, I think it's clear enough that if either Sligo or Donegal win then there's no draw for the QF as there can't be repeat of the provincial final. But if Tyrone & Galway win then it's not obvious whether there'll be a draw or not.

rrhf

Back to our bogey team Sligo.  They shattered our dreams in 2002 in a game that ultimately lead to a change in our management and Mickey coming in as well as a handy wee all ireland for Armagh..
Will they do it again? 

Christmas Lights

Quote from: rrhf on July 20, 2015, 10:56:10 AM
Back to our bogey team Sligo.  They shattered our dreams in 2002 in a game that ultimately lead to a change in our management and Mickey coming in. 
Will they do it again?

SLIGO CONCEDED 6-25 YESTERDAY AND ARE A MID TABLE DIVISION 3 TEAM FFS.  OF COURSE THEY WONT BEAT TYRONE.  BE REALISTIC

BennyHarp

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 20, 2015, 10:39:59 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 20, 2015, 10:31:16 AM

Yeah, I think it's clear enough that if either Sligo or Donegal win then there's no draw for the QF as there can't be repeat of the provincial final. But if Tyrone & Galway win then it's not obvious whether there'll be a draw or not.

I assumed the draw was fixed from here on in and the draw was set up so the provincial losers and provincial winners couldn't meet in the quarter final regardless of the ifs and buts of the last round of qualifier matches.  It's a bit mad that nobody really knows for sure what's happening.
That was never a square ball!!

Mano

Back to our bogey team Sligo.  They shattered our dreams in 2002 in a game that ultimately lead to a change in our management and Mickey coming in. 
Will they do it again? 

The reality is if Sligo don't change their defensive system or start using some kind of defensive system in the next 2 weeks another hammering is in the offing. Adding in a midfielder who is over 6 foot and can contest the odd kick out would be a nice addition also. However I wouldn't expect any changes in personnel or tactics with this manager.

Redhand Santa

Was reading there and the permutations are simple enough. Tyrone and Donegal win we play Monaghan. Tyrone and Galway win we play mayo. Sligo and Donegal win it's Donegal mayo. Sligo and Galway win it's Galway mayo.

ONeill

Back to our bogey team Sligo.  They shattered our dreams in 2002 in a game that ultimately lead to a change in our management and Mickey coming in as well as a handy wee all ireland for Armagh..
Will they do it again?

All changed, changed utterly: A terrible beauty was born.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 20, 2015, 11:27:32 AM
Was reading there and the permutations are simple enough. Tyrone and Donegal win we play Monaghan. Tyrone and Galway win we play mayo. Sligo and Donegal win it's Donegal mayo. Sligo and Galway win it's Galway mayo.

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/2007151056-all-ireland-sfc-quarter-final-draw-details/

Holy smokes.

ONeill

3B Qualifiers- Saturday, 1 August
Sligo v Tyrone, Croke Park, 4pm (Live on Sky Sports)
Donegal v Galway, Croke Park, 6pm (Live on Sky Sports)

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2015, 02:05:22 PM

What a pile of shite.

Gabriel_Hurl

Christmas Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 20, 2015, 02:07:07 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2015, 02:05:22 PM

What a pile of shite.

Agree with that.  Nonsence having those qualifier games in Dublin.  Surely there is somewhere that could accomodate both games that is closer to all 4 counties.  Youre going to have a reallty empty croke park which looks shite on the TV.

Players will be happy right enough.

ck

Ye lot are a right bunch of moaners.
Croke Park is the correct call. A double header is attractive fixture and neutrals will go in bigger numbers. From a Sligo point of view I was dreading a stand alone game in Cavan or Ballybofey. Croke Park is very good call by GAA