OWC in “no sex please we’re Irish” shocker

Started by Orior, April 25, 2007, 12:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

There'll be no sex in the north of Ireland, thank you very much.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6590155.stm

QuoteThe House of Lords has backed Belfast City Council's decision not to grant a licence to a sex shop

But hang on, don't all OWC read the Sun and the Star? Isn't Ballymena the Irish capital for wife swapping? What gives?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

his holiness nb

Quote from: Orior on April 25, 2007, 12:25:34 PM
But hang on, don't all OWC read the Sun and the Star?

Jaysus the boys wont like that Orior  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

GweylTah

No more and no less pathetic than the moral outrage over Ann Summers coming to OConnell Street. Whats sauce for the goose.....

An Fear Rua

Here they come ......................

or not as the case may be
Its Grim up North

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Uladh

There's a chain of that shop in newry too. no morals in newry!

Main Street

Quote from: GweylTah on April 25, 2007, 12:39:48 PM
No more and no less pathetic than the moral outrage over Ann Summers coming to OConnell Street. Whats sauce for the goose.....
Why do you say that the Belfast council's reason for refusal to grant a licence for a sex shop in that location is pathetic?

his holiness nb

I love how the argued that an Ann Summers shop would "bring down the tone" of O'Connell Street.
:D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

GweylTah

Quote from: Main Street on April 25, 2007, 12:56:09 PM
Why do you say that the Belfast council's reason for refusal to grant a licence for a sex shop in that location is pathetic?

Its a waste of money and they weren't and aren't selling anything illegal.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

full back

What a complete waste of money. If people dont like the shop - dont go into it.
Same as if someone doesnt like drink dont go into a pub.
With so many parts of N Ireland crying out for investment, and with the bill for this likely to run into 6 figures its a disgrace

SammyG

Quote from: full back on April 25, 2007, 01:21:03 PM
What a complete waste of money. If people dont like the shop - dont go into it.
Same as if someone doesnt like drink dont go into a pub.
With so many parts of N Ireland crying out for investment, and with the bill for this likely to run into 6 figures its a disgrace

Correct on all points. Friggin nonsense to spend public money chasing somebody that isn't doing anything illegal.

Bogball XV

What are the similarities??  One is in a back street, the other is in the main thoroughfare of a city - I'd have thought there was quite a difference, the only proviso being that O'Connell St already was/is a shithole long before Ann Summers came in.  I don't think it should be there, but then I don't think most of the businesses on O'Connell St are in keeping with the status it should have.

full back

Have to disagree Bogball
What is the difference with having a sex shop on the street in comparison to other establishments.
Granted, some people may be outraged at it, but if all pioneers/reformed drinkers that didnt like alcohol were up in arms about a pub do you think the pub would be closed down?