Galway v Derry 18/07/2015

Started by screenexile, July 13, 2015, 11:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Is Ronan Steede still on the panel?

galwayman

Ronan Steede was togged last Sunday anyway. I spotted him in the warm up.
Ian Burke is gone from the panel.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: galwayman on July 17, 2015, 09:41:24 AM

Cheers, I thought Ian Burke had gone. I don't think he's ready to make an impact at this level yet. He looks too lightweight, I'm sure that will change over the coming years.

Duine Eile

I see over on Hogan Stand that Derry have been hit by a number of defections from their squad, Conor McAtamney, Terence O'Brien and Emmet Bradley all gone. Would these lads have been anywhere near the first 15 or were they more extended squad members?

mouview

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 17, 2015, 11:35:09 AM

Cheers, I thought Ian Burke had gone. I don't think he's ready to make an impact at this level yet. He looks too lightweight, I'm sure that will change over the coming years.

Supposedly that's what Big Kev told him. If he's strong enough to beat the best that Connacht, Leinster and Ulster clubs threw at him, I doubt if he'd struggle at county level. Better finisher than Cummins. Ml Farragher should be there also, better all-round footballer than P Sweeney. Bad mgmt from all concerned I'm afraid.

Duine Eile

Quote from: mouview on July 17, 2015, 10:59:51 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 17, 2015, 11:35:09 AM

Supposedly that's what Big Kev told him. If he's strong enough to beat the best that Connacht, Leinster and Ulster clubs threw at him, I doubt if he'd struggle at county level. Better finisher than Cummins. Ml Farragher should be there also, better all-round footballer than P Sweeney. Bad mgmt from all concerned I'm afraid.

I'd have to agree Mouview, the panel would be a lot stronger with them on it. And let's face it, Tom Flynn isn't the biggest lad in the world but it's not stopped him yet.

Wildweasel74

2 of the 3 came on last week, not sure why they are leaving the panel now with a month left in the season if they get by Galway, Money offers from America for club football i presume. would been idea to call in abit of cover as Kielt had previously left with 4 others now plus 2 injured, a tad stretched on the sub bench. Would have asked Ryan Bell back again.

galwayman

Burke withdrew himself by all accounts - though admittedly hadn't been getting much game time.
DE - Tom Flynn is 6 foot 4 so not quite sure how you can say he isn't the biggest either.
He'd be nearly a foot taller than Burke

Rossie11

Absolutely bucketing it down in salthill all morn. Strong winds as well. Rotten day for a game for players and fans if it doesn't lift

Duine Eile

Quote from: galwayman on July 18, 2015, 07:39:44 AM
Burke withdrew himself by all accounts - though admittedly hadn't been getting much game time.
DE - Tom Flynn is 6 foot 4 so not quite sure how you can say he isn't the biggest either.

Meaning yes he's tall but fairly slight, didn't explain myself very well there! Hopefully the weather clears a bit, it's a shocking day here at the moment.  :-\

galwayman

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 18, 2015, 10:34:43 AM
Quote from: galwayman on July 18, 2015, 07:39:44 AM

Meaning yes he's tall but fairly slight, didn't explain myself very well there! Hopefully the weather clears a bit, it's a shocking day here at the moment.  :-\
Ah I have you now :-)
Yep i'm in Salthill now and it is teeming!
Think the weather will ruin this game as a spectacle.
Not so sure the wet day will suit this Galway team.
Anyhow I'll go regardless of the weather - Gaillimh Abu!!

Duine Eile

Heading off shortly myself, hopefully the wind dies down a little bit, Salthill is a breezy spot on the finest of days. can't see there being a big turn out TBH which is a pity, the lads deserve the support. Here's hoping for a Galway win anyway, whatever the weather, Gaillimh abĂș!  :)

Farrandeelin

I'll be surprised if Galway don't win this one to be honest, but it may be a rough ride for them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2015, 12:53:50 PM
I'll be surprised if Galway don't win this one to be honest, but it may be a rough ride for them.

May have to disagree with you. I hope you are correct as I will be in croke park two weeks from today no matter what, and I would prefer to watch Galway over Derry. Having said that Derry had Donegal on the ropes , they have a good midfield and two or three really good forwards. Toss of a coin, weather may also help Derry a bit more, as I see Galway as a more finesse outfit.
I took Derry +2. but would not be surprised if they win.

GalwayBayBoy

Very bad weather in Galway today. Have a feeling this could be a pretty ugly game.