Fermanagh v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, July 06, 2015, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Rather than wading through hurling posts on the qualifiers thread, this match deserves a thread of it's own...History beckons as this is a first ever championship clash between both counties.. Imo, this is a potentially awkward tie for Roscommon. Which Roscommon will turn up? Will any of our injured players be back, or are there any new injuries?

Jinxy

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 06, 2015, 01:01:48 PM
Rather than wading through hurling posts on the qualifiers thread, this match deserves a thread of it's own...History beckons as this is a first ever championship clash between both counties.. Imo, this is a potentially awkward tie for Roscommon. Which Roscommon will turn up? Will any of our injured players be back, or are there any new injuries?

The one in the bus.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

illdecide

Hope Fermanagh win this but I think the Rossies may well win this one by 2-3 pts
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Shrewdness

Apart from Sean Quigley, i have to confess to not knowing much about the Fermanagh players. Does he have a brother on the panel?

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 06, 2015, 02:00:35 PM
Apart from Sean Quigley, i have to confess to not knowing much about the Fermanagh players. Does he have a brother on the panel?

Seamus walked/was thrown off the panel for the ten thousandth time last year. Their other brother is a defender. I don't know if he's still on the panel.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

theyellowbus

Anyone following Roscommon the last few years will remember those cold bitter Saturday evenings in Brewster leaving empty handed in the Div 3 league.
Great atmosphere those evenings though Fermanagh have very passionate supporters.
Don't know much about Fermanagh since McGrath took the job but there will be nothing easy come this Sunday.
They seem to be getting big scores in a lot of games this year.

Rossfan

Game at 3.30 on Sunday.
Should get a good crowd travelling so. A tough oul place to go but just what we need to toughen up our young lads physically and mentally.
Hopefully a repeat of the Breffni performance, not the Markypark one, should see us through.
Hear bookies giving it 4/9 Ros and 9/4 Fermanagh. A bit over the top I'd think 4/6  and 6/4 more appropriate.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 06, 2015, 02:00:35 PM

Fermanagh have  a good spine to the team.Ryan McCluskey will be back from suspension good centre back.
Eoin Donnelly is a good midfielder, and Ryan Jones midfielder / half forward.

Tomas Corrigan is a good forward too. Fermanagh are a bit limited after that.

theyellowbus

There will be nothing easy regarding Fermanagh.They always seem to have nice footballers who can take good scores.
Home advantage will be huge for them id imagine as they have a decent record there.
A match that's there for us to win if the same focus is there that was evident on Saturday last.
Will the eight day turnaround be enough for our injured contingent?
I know the lads stepped up to the plate on Saturday but no harm to have other options for what i can imagine will be dogfight.

Syferus

Been a while since we put two meaningful wins back-to-back in the championship. What I do like is that this team (generally) seem to thrive playing away from home, a team that has no fear of the road is always a good thing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2015, 04:13:11 PM
Been a while since we put two meaningful wins back-to-back in the championship. What I do like is that this team (generally) seem to thrive playing away from home, a team that has no fear of the road is always a good thing.

That's because of the bus. Sure who wouldn't like a nice drive in that!?

giveballaghback

This is 8 ulster teams in a row for ros in the qualifiers, Tyrone x 3, Armagh x2, Cavan x 2 and now Fermanagh, we must have been very bold in a previous life, the bus would look well on a bonfire up there, club rossie had better have a look at the insurance. ;D
Will be a hard game for Ros, Fermanagh topped div 3 and are not far off a very good team, their bench would be their weakest part, Ros will have much the same lineout as last weekend I would say, Those that were unable to tog last Sat will hardly be risked, if Fermanagh were playing Sligo next Sunday where would the smart money be, that will tell you how open this game is, result is only thing that matters next Sunday, shouild be an open game, we had a thriller 16 months ago between the same teams in brewster, looking forward to Enniskillen and some nice Ulster hospitality.

Farrandeelin

It'll be a shock if Fermanagh win this one. I know I only saw them the first day against Antrim and the Fermanagh supporters were saying how poor the team was. However they seemed to be unlucky against Monaghan as they fell away in the last 15 mins. As for the hospitality, there's none nicer. :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Cormac Rielly is the ref. Hopefully he has the contact lenses in unlike against Sligo..