Tyrone v Meath round 2 qualifiers 11th July 2015

Started by orangeman, June 29, 2015, 08:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: Hardy on June 30, 2015, 11:55:01 AM
This is a fight for the soul of football. The time has come to take back the beautiful game and restore its manliness.

Always with the fighting.

This game is about one thing and one thing only. The decline of the Irish crisp market.

rrhf

Referee (gamekeeper) will be an important choice.
Will Tyrone wait until the expected tiring of Meath in the last quarter, or will 2 week be enough to address this?

GrandMasterFlash

This is a fight for the soul of football. The time has come to take back the beautiful game and restore its manliness.

I hope you're planning a better effort than the second 35 mins last Sunday, old chap.

Hardy

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 30, 2015, 12:04:03 PM

I hope your planning a better effort than the second 35 mins last Sunda..

That was only a game of football. (Please see to your syntax and apostrophe use, or do we have to hammer that into you as well?)

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Hardy on June 30, 2015, 12:06:09 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 30, 2015, 12:04:03 PM

I hope your planning a better effort than the second 35 mins last Sunda..

That was only a game of football. (Please see to your syntax and apostrophe use, or do we have to hammer that into you as well?)

My sincerest apologies; I have corrected my inexcusable grammar mistake. How wholly disrespectful of me not to use royal English.

BTW: last Sunday was 'only a game of football' too..

Jinxy

Quote from: rrhf on June 30, 2015, 12:00:58 PM
Referee (gamekeeper) will be an important choice.
Will Tyrone wait until the expected tiring of Meath in the last quarter, or will 2 week be enough to address this?

I doubt it.
The last 10 years hasn't been enough to address it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Don't like the omens. Last year the Orangemen turned us over in Omagh the day after the 12th. Now the Royals. Next year it'll be Laois.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Naw relax O'Neill.
There was an agreement reached with the orangmen that we would let them pass last year as Ulster feared a backlash in Portydown as Donegal & Monaghan had prevented them from going down their traditional route the last 6 years.

We got a years supply of Orchard Thieves cider I believe

Teo Lurley

The anti Northern feeling will become evident from those in the south for this game. They'll hide behind various things but the truth is that many down south can't take it when a Northern team (including Donegal) beats them. It's because of a media campaign that poisoned southerners minds into having a mistrust of northerners.
You see the mindset replicated when it comes to Gaelic Games. Tyrone win a few All Irelands and it's all puke football. Dublin and Kerry win All Irelands in a similar fashion but no word about puke football. When Meath were standing on players heads they were known as a tough, manly team. When any Northern team played physically they were dirty tramps.
Most in the south will want Meath to win this game, the only reason for this is their hatred of northerners. They can't admit to this but it's the truth. Let them hide behind all the excuses they want.
I hope Tyrone batter Meath.

TheGateKeeper

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 30, 2015, 12:51:57 PM
The anti Northern feeling will become evident from those in the south for this game. They'll hide behind various things but the truth is that many down south can't take it when a Northern team (including Donegal) beats them. It's because of a media campaign that poisoned southerners minds into having a mistrust of northerners.
You see the mindset replicated when it comes to Gaelic Games. Tyrone win a few All Irelands and it's all puke football. Dublin and Kerry win All Irelands in a similar fashion but no word about puke football. When Meath were standing on players heads they were known as a tough, manly team. When any Northern team played physically they were dirty tramps.
Most in the south will want Meath to win this game, the only reason for this is their hatred of northerners. They can't admit to this but it's the truth. Let them hide behind all the excuses they want.

Pretty accurate summation there Leo.

Pub Bore

Controversial ruling by Parades Commission means Royals will have to go via the Gortin Rd during parade of teams.

AZOffaly

That's an interesting post from a 'Laois' man. Wrong account?

Jinxy

Hard to keep track of them all.
He should get some tips off Syferus.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GrandMasterFlash

You need to get out more lad..

BennyHarp

Meath played Tyrone early in the National league in Omagh shortly after the 1996 bloodshed. It was pre-christmas in those days if I remember correctly, so things were still a bit raw. Tyrone did the decent thing and applauded Meath onto the pitch with a guard of honour, however an old bloke behind me, full of anger at this, roared - "Don't applaud them f**kers, you should be bating em with big sticks".

We need to find this man and get him in the changing room before the game in the 11th - this is war!!
That was never a square ball!!