Monaghan V Donegal Ulster Final

Started by J70, June 27, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Donegal wont go too far with that tired looking inaccurate performance.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

Quote from: thewobbler on July 19, 2015, 03:35:25 PM
Not quite sure how only 3 mins can be added when Beggan was down for over 3 mins one occasion.

Better team won. But I'd still wager Donegal get further in the AI.
[/b]

I don't know.  Donegal didn't fire in the semi or final.  The next game they'll have to prove they still have the fire in the belly

dublin7

Monagahan by far the better team for 50 minutes did their best to throw it away.  Only for frees (some of them very soft) Donegal never looke like scoring from pllay. Think they got 1/2 points from play in 2nd half.  Looked a very tired/old team in the 2nd half.  Their lack of any options on the bench was a big disadvantage as well.

Crazy how Monaghan just collapsed in the last 20 minutes. Missed some easy chances to finish the game.  Donegal kicked some shocking wides in the 2nd half

imtommygunn

Donegal didn't deserve to win. Very poor. Maybe they'll realise they can't play just as defensively.

J70

Sickening.  Played poorly for 50 minutes,  but really should have rescued at least a draw there. Some appalling wides in that second half. Needed Hawkeye for that last one.

Hard to see us going much further now with the extra game and hard quarter final draw should we make it.

Congrats to Monaghan.  You really do have our number!

omagh_gael

Quote from: galwayman on July 19, 2015, 03:36:44 PM
Does this result mean (if Mayo beat Sligo) that it's Donegal v Galway in the next round (as Donegal played Tyrone already)?

As far as I make it, yeah. On the back door thread someone posted a press release from Croke park saying that round four games will will avoid repeat games if at all possible.

Captain Obvious

Monaghan just about hung on at end however they won that game in the 1st half.

GalwayBayBoy

Is O'Rourke trying to jinx us? I wouldn't write off Donegal just yet Colm.

Main Street

Hawkeye would have called that last effort wide  :D

Donegal will be kicking themselves at losing that game, a game they should have won handy in the 2nd half.
But if you take the 4 or 5 easy frees out of the equation Donegal were indescribably poor on the day.
Delighted of course with Monaghan winning but they just about held on to a winning position against a beaten docket, they will have a lot to improve upon to get past the 1/4 final.

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 19, 2015, 03:44:58 PM
Is O'Rourke trying to jinx us? I wouldn't write off Donegal just yet Colm.

+1

Good test for Galway. These are the teams Galway need to be playing in Championship. In McHale Park?

manfromdelmonte

Was that referee blind.

Fooled by players holding opponent's arm and falling to the ground

The Stallion

Murphy as usual flattered to deceive, he's simply not a marquee forward, and contributes little other than frees and the odd catch. When played out the field the game passes him by and he can only resort to constant cynical fouling and mouthing.

O'Rourke's gameplan was spot on, Monaghan were by far the better team despite the close scoreline.

passedit

Quote from: The Stallion on July 19, 2015, 03:55:08 PM
Murphy as usual flattered to deceive, he's simply not a marquee forward, and contributes little other than frees and the odd catch. When played out the field the game passes him by and he can only resort to constant cynical fouling and mouthing.

O'Rourke's gameplan was spot on, Monaghan were by far the better team despite the close scoreline.

Where were they in the second half?
Don't Panic

The Stallion

Winning the game and toying with Donegal

passedit

Quote from: The Stallion on July 19, 2015, 04:00:55 PM
Winning the game and toying with Donegal

I'll look out for your expert analysis in future.
Don't Panic