Monaghan V Donegal Ulster Final

Started by J70, June 27, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

More likely they'll look like this

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rodney trotter

Sleater

Drew Wylie is named in the match day squad, as a sub, but I'd say will start ahead of Carey with Mone to go half forward. Paudie McKenna missing from the squad - any idea why?

JoG2

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 17, 2015, 05:39:51 PM
Brolly fairly accurate on Kieran Hughes http://t.co/jp9KILHCa1

He wants K Hughes to learn from the likes of the Gooch? Sure he thinks the Gooch is a 'choker' 

angstrom

Anybody going from Dublin to match on Sunday.
Lift needed.

angstrom

orangeman

Quote from: JoG2 on July 17, 2015, 09:12:47 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on July 17, 2015, 05:39:51 PM
Brolly fairly accurate on Kieran Hughes http://t.co/jp9KILHCa1

He wants K Hughes to learn from the likes of the Gooch? Sure he thinks the Gooch is a 'choker'

Joe at his work again.

J70

Haven't read too many predictions yet (very little press build-up for this game with most focus on Munster replay), but Canavan and Kevin Cassidy have gone for Monaghan.

Maguire01

Monaghan (SFC v Donegal): Rory Beggan; Dessie Mone, Vinny Corey, Ryan Wylie; Colin Walshe, Fintan Kelly, Karl O'Connell; Neil McAdam, Darren Hughes; Owen Duffy, Stephen Gollogly, Shane Carey; Dermot Malone, Kieran Hughes, Conor McManus.

Subs: Cian Mohan, Kieran Duffy, Conor Boyle, Drew Wylie, John McCarron, Owen Lennon, Dick Clerkin, Paul Finlay, Ryan McAnespie, Thomas Kerr, Paul Meegan.

What stood out most for me is the strength of our bench, relative to a few years ago. Nearly all the subs could reasonably expect to be called on at some point, whereas previously only a few were ever really in contention.

Not sure there's much point in commenting on the first 15. I wouldn't be surprised by a few changes in personnel and there'll definitely be positional changes.

BluestackBoy

I see Drew Wylie is named on the bench which leads me to suspect that he will start.

If the cruciate wasn't properly healed then it would be foolhardy in the extreme to use him at all so the fact that he is named would suggest to me that he is fit & will play.

How sharp he is could be another matter but time will tell.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

StephenC

Main Street

Monaghan will take inspiration from Kerry's victory this evening.

bannside

No Christopher Mc Guinness listed. He has looked impressive every time I've seen him.

ONeill

I'd say the team that wins will be the side whose manager gives the best team talk in front of the camera. That seems to work.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on July 18, 2015, 11:05:38 PM
Monaghan will take inspiration from Kerry's victory this evening.

Didn't see the game. How so?