Monaghan V Donegal Ulster Final

Started by J70, June 27, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 01, 2015, 09:51:48 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 01, 2015, 02:25:35 AMCan't help but wonder if the amount backed on both sides to win Sam has affected the odds for this game a bit. Donegal are 9/2  to win Sam while Monaghan are 30/1 on Paddypower. I could see a fair amount of people backing Donegal for Sam while I'm not sure that many have backed Monaghan to go all the way even with the odds difference. Bookies might want to keep their exposure down in case of a Donegal win as if they win this they have one less win to win Sam than if they lose, which given Donegal's squad is likely to be a bit of a factor. Not sure if I explained this well - Maybe some mathematical betting person might be able to explain it.

I would be happy to.

Monaghan are simply not capable of winning the All Ireland Championship.
Maybe so but that does not answer the question, despite your evident blissful eagerness to jump in with both feet, the question is about Donegal not Monaghan.

donegal lad

Leo mcloone apparently back training with the donegal squad tonight. Be great to have Leo back in the squad, like Declan walsh return it would help to strengthen the overall squad

J70

And McBrearty is back to full training this weekend too, apparently.

dlgael

For overall squad depth Leo and Declan are massive additions. Regarding the Ulster Final both teams will be up a notch from previous outings but I will be bullish and say Donegal to win with an awesome display of brains and braun. Murphy to do damage inside this time and Mark McHugh to play a 2012 style starring role as sweeper starving McManus of ball. Who's the ref anyone?

babarino

It's all gone quiet here since that little positive flurry from Donegal.

The Clash of Ulster titans Part 3.

1 all.  tic toc...

GrandMasterFlash

It may sound cliché but if both teams play to their true potential then there'll not be much in it. Expect it to be a tactical battle on the sideline as much as across the white line. As I said previously, Monaghan definitely have a greater strength in depth this time around (and 14 of our 15 regulars fit and ready...) The addition of McCloone and Walsh will certainly help Donegal but both have no big game experience this year, for which there is no substitute.

Who's gonna blink first?  :o

GrandMasterFlash

Referee: David Coldrick (same as 2013)

GrandMasterFlash

http://www.hoganstand.com/Monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=240741

Ahh, the mind games.. It would be fantastic to have a player of Drew's ability available but I believe Sunday week will come too soon. He wasn't fit before he sustained his latest injury so it's highly unlikely that he would be anywhere near match fit come the final. A very unfit Conor McManus played against Tyrone last year in the first round but that's different. To me, your full back needs to be absolutely flying fit to stick with his man. Wylie's always done well on McFadden and was one of the stand out pairings in last years dour final..

Hopefully we'll need him down the road this year though..

upmonaghansayswe

I'm starting to think that Donegals refusal to play with any sort of attacking intent against us in the league was all just a big ploy for next Sunday.... 

Niall8100

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on July 10, 2015, 04:00:33 PM
I'm starting to think that Donegals refusal to play with any sort of attacking intent against us in the league was all just a big ploy for next Sunday....

It was the long con from the beginning!

dlgael

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 08, 2015, 09:27:16 AM
It may sound cliché but if both teams play to their true potential then there'll not be much in it. Expect it to be a tactical battle on the sideline as much as across the white line. As I said previously, Monaghan definitely have a greater strength in depth this time around (and 14 of our 15 regulars fit and ready...) The addition of McCloone and Walsh will certainly help Donegal but both have no big game experience this year, for which there is no substitute.

I assume you mean this year. Unlike everyone on the Monaghan team who have been truly tested so far?

babarino

Quote from: dlgael on July 11, 2015, 04:12:23 AM

I assume you mean this year. Unlike everyone on the Monaghan team who have been truly tested so far?

No need to assume. The next two words will do.

Maguire01

Quote from: dlgael on July 11, 2015, 04:12:23 AM

Yes, finishing third in Division 1 and running the league champions to a point was a decent test. How much more difficult your Championship games to date were compared to ours... well, hard to call.

Bingo

Page 2. Cute hoorism going on and no-one is saying anything  ;D

Word on the street is that match could be close to a sell out, with only terrace tickets remaining at this stage. I'd expect some to be freed up later in week with returns etc.

Team news expected on Thursday night, O'Rourke has made at least 2 changes to each named team so far this year, has Gallagher followed the same lead?

Was told at weekend that McBrearty has struggled badly to recover from his injury over last few weeks and is a big doubt but again, see the opening line and I'd expect many stories to circulate on his availability.

donegal lad

No tickets available online ATM so seems we on our way to a complete sell out. I don't think Gallagher has started the team named in any of the games so far in the championship making at least 1 change each game

Different stories going about up here on mcbrearty some saying he struggling others (including Rory Gallagher) saying the injury wasn't as bad as first thought and he be fit for the final