Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mano

Quote from: baoithe on July 16, 2015, 10:02:10 PM
Quote from: Mano on July 16, 2015, 09:53:59 PM
Quote from: baoithe on July 16, 2015, 08:35:48 PM
Quote from: Mano on July 16, 2015, 12:00:48 PM
Same Sligo team selected

James Horan on Newstalk has backed your view Mano - suggesting Gilmartin will start as part of a three man midfield.
It makes sense. We will be annihilated in midfield from kick outs if we don't get a ball winner in there or at least to disrupt Mayo from getting clean possession. Don't think Gilmartin for C Davey will make much difference in terms of mobility and he will be more of a threat in the air. Mayo will be much more clinical with possession than Roscommon were.

I think either option involves a trade off. My point was that defensively we will be weakened by Gilmartin. It all adds to the intrigue.

I think Mayo will have too much power for us in any event.

For me, the minor match is of more importance to Sligo than the Senior. A good run by our minors will set the tone for underage panels coming behind them.

I agree. For the seniors to win Mayo will have to perform like Galway did in 07 and our lads to play the games of their collective lives. The minor team though is a seriously good side with some excellent individuals.

sligoman2

Galway big favourites for the minor.

Sligo 3/1 which could be a good bet. 

Good luck to both teams.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

moysider

A degree of optimism from Sligo lads I know, all of whom would be football men. I can see where they are coming from as well. Nothing to lose so a good puncher's chance at it.

There are still huge question marks about Mayo. This management pairing would not like to be losing this and Holmes' previous stint in championship management was rubbish with a good team at the time. He knows what it's like to lose to Sligo as well (which puts him in the awful company of Johnno's second coming), so complacency will hardly have any role the next day.

Mayo badly need to be putting down a marker in this one.

Nihilist

Quote from: moysider on July 17, 2015, 01:36:43 PM

A degree of optimism from Sligo lads I know, all of whom would be football men. I can see where they are coming from as well. Nothing to lose so a good puncher's chance at it.

There are still huge question marks about Mayo. This management pairing would not like to be losing this and Holmes' previous stint in championship management was rubbish with a good team at the time. He knows what it's like to lose to Sligo as well (which puts him in the awful company of Johnno's second coming), so complacency will hardly have any role the next day.

If Mayo lose I assume you will batter Holmes on here.
If Mayo win so will you give Holmes the credit or will it go to both  him and Connelly?  ;)

Nihilist

Quote from: Nihilist on July 16, 2015, 01:47:03 PM
What happens to the losers of the Connacht final?
In which side of the draw are they consigned to after it?

I see the answer here

(Tipperary/Tyrone and Galway/Derry) in bowl 1.
The beaten Ulster and Connacht Finalists (Sligo/Mayo and Monaghan/Donegal) will be in bowl 2.

This draw is subject to avoidance of repeat pairings, e.g. Donegal V Tyrone, Donegal V Derry and Mayo V Galway.
Confirmation of venues, times etc for these fixtures will be confirmed by the CCCC on Monday afternoon.

Not sure what happens if both Tyrone and Derry win though.

ck

I genuinely believe that Sligo are in with a good shout in this game. Midfield is my concern but if we can come close to break even in this area I think we'll trouble Mayo. Carew is a shrewd operator and will be able to steer things in the line, he's the best we've had in Sligo.

moysider

Quote from: Nihilist on July 17, 2015, 01:49:25 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 17, 2015, 01:36:43 PM

If Mayo lose I assume you will batter Holmes on here.
If Mayo win so will you give Holmes the credit or will it go to both  him and Connelly?  ;)

Correct. He was lucky there was damn all social media in his first term ;)

Seeing how this team was well able to win Connachts before Pateen and Noel pitched up I wont be giving either any credit if we win.
If however they can take this team further than Horan did then they will get all the credit in the world ;)

Farrandeelin

That's the train of thought amongst a lot of Mayo men. Myself included!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ivan Itch

Conor.mortimer ‏@Conmort  3h3 hours ago
On @GameOn2FM tonight talking  Connaught final And how  all is not rosy in camp Mayo tune in 7-8 @hughcahill7 @HesTheSportsguy 👍👍👍

Whats all this about?? What players would be throwing the toys out of the pram?

Mayo Club 51

We have a post up on our site now with all the match info for Sunday. http://mayoclub51.com/drive-for-five-in-the-hyde/

Important information for season ticket holders. Make sure to check your payment card account details are up to date or your season ticket card will not scan on Sunday.

Bring the colour - Bring the noise!   :)

moysider

Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on July 17, 2015, 06:10:51 PM
We have a post up on our site now with all the match info for Sunday. http://mayoclub51.com/drive-for-five-in-the-hyde/

Important information for season ticket holders. Make sure to check your payment card account details are up to date or your season ticket card will not scan on Sunday.

Can I get my season ticket scanned and enter the terrace from the Athlone road.

mayo.mick

Quote from: moysider on July 17, 2015, 07:19:37 PM
Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on July 17, 2015, 06:10:51 PM

Can I get my season ticket scanned and enter the terrace from the Athlone road.

You could if you have a terrace ticket too?
I know a girl with her season ticket and her young sister that has a terrace. They will be separated for the match, unless they could swap tickets. 
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Farrandeelin

Just wondering, who are the seats in the stand reserved for anyway?

There's lots of talk on Mayogaablog (well speculation) that Vaughan may be left at full back? What do people on here think of this, personally, I don't like that thought at all. He can barely defend at the #6 position, but I don't think the management will have him at fullback at all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 17, 2015, 10:59:21 PM
Just wondering, who are the seats in the stand reserved for anyway?

There's lots of talk on Mayogaablog (well speculation) that Vaughan may be left at full back? What do people on here think of this, personally, I don't like that thought at all. He can barely defend at the #6 position, but I don't think the management will have him at fullback at all.

Vaughan was played at fb in couple of league games I think and the jury seemed to be out on that at the time. I don t think it will happen either but I can see how some can see it might.

moysider

Quote from: Ivan Itch on July 17, 2015, 05:45:57 PM
Conor.mortimer ‏@Conmort  3h3 hours ago
On @GameOn2FM tonight talking  Connaught final And how  all is not rosy in camp Mayo tune in 7-8 @hughcahill7 @HesTheSportsguy 👍👍👍

Whats all this about?? What players would be throwing the toys out of the pram?

Heard that earlier and nothing to this particular angle imo. Apparently some players unhappy about not starting and the way they learned they were'nt starting. Jaysus c'mon Mort. Who is ever happy about not starting anyway? Maybe he's projecting his own unwillingness to accept a role off the bench onto others.
Unfortunately he is raising ?marks about some players attitude because it does not take an Einstein to figure out who the players are that are close to starting or have been recently dropped.
Not that anybody'd  pay too much heed to Conoreen anyway.